You Think That You Are "Losing it" When....................

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 04:54 pm
This afternoon I was typing a letter on the computer. When I finished it, and was proofreading, I discovered, to my horror that I had listed as my address the place where I had lived 15 years ago.

I am sure that we have all had these moments where we have scratched our heads, and wondered whether our brains were in gear. Please share.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,005 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 04:57 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Off the top of my head (although I'm somewhat younger than you Wink ), my favourite one is forgetting my own phone number when someone asks.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:22 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
This afternoon I was typing a letter on the computer. When I finished it, and was proofreading, I discovered, to my horror that I had listed as my address the place where I had lived 15 years ago.

Not a problem, Phoenix.
But you should start worrying when you actually go there, thinking you're home! Wink
alex240101

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:43 pm
@msolga,
That was funny msolga.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 06:15 pm
@msolga,
Right. Don't worry if you can't find the car keys. If you don't remember what they are for; worry.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 07:29 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I am sure that we have all had these moments where we have scratched our heads, and wondered whether our brains were in gear. Please share.

It sounds to me like your computer also functions as a time machine.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:23 am
If you saw one of my other threads, you can probably realize what happened:

http://able2know.org/topic/126980-1#post-3510626

I had been playing Text Twist for far too long, and I was bleary eyed. Mr. P. had an important letter that he needed typed, and naturally, it is yours truly who does the honors as far as the secretarial work that is done in our house.

I was really not in the mood, but the letter WAS important, and needed to be mailed as quickly as possible. So type I did.

I must have done things by rote, as I was absolutely flabbergasted when I saw the heading on the letter.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:51 am
A few times now I've written the wrong year on personal checks. Not just 2007, a common mistake, but 1988 or something way off like that. Gave me pause...
0 Replies