Kennedy comes out for gay marriage

rabel22

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 03:57 pm
@Phoenix32890,
No one who is going to be involved in the appointment of the N.Y. senator is related to Kennedy. So how is this nepotism. Is it more that you dont like the Kennedys than anything else? She is the right age, has a fine education, and seems to be smarter than Bush. She has as much of a right to be a senator as any other citizen. Where were you and the rest of the I hate nepotism bunch when the Bushes were running the government.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:06 pm
@rabel22,
Quote:
She has as much of a right to be a senator as any other citizen.

Oh, I quite agree with you. The point that I was making was that if she were the same person, but were not a Kennedy, she would not be taken seriously.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 10:57 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Why does the left become so infatuated with the under qualified?

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

because you crap up the boards with your bullshit opinions?

You're tripping.
Find a beer and drink it - turn off your computer and turn on some nice music and relax.
You should be normal in a few hours Laughing

well tell us of your qualifications H2O Man...and I mean other than snaking toilets....

Bull-**** Bear, I suggest that you flush your toilet from time to time - this should minimize your snake problem.

Who really care what that skinny Kennedy wench comes out for?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 11:06 am
Being a Kennedy may just be a very valid qualification, since there is a constituency in the country (not just Mass.) that regards the name Kennedy the way the name Roosevelt has been valued in the past. As a democracy, having a ready made constituency, as a Kennedy, may be more valuable than years of playing the political game. I wonder how much anti-Caroline sentiment reflects some psychological feeling towards someone that enters the political arena apparently late in one's working career, and then "laps" other more "seasoned" contenders? Was not Grandma Moses quite old before she began to paint?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 12:07 pm
@Foofie,

It still amazes me that some people think we are a democracy...
Foofie

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 12:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

It still amazes me that some people think we are a democracy...

It is a democracy where popularity is as important as one's accomplishments, and or knowledge.
maporsche

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 12:25 pm
@Foofie,
No...it's one where popularity is MORE important that one's accomplishments and/or knowledge.
Foofie

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 06:21 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

No...it's one where popularity is MORE important that one's accomplishments and/or knowledge.

Yes; you are correct. A "much" might even be appropriate before the "MORE"!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:14 am

Quote:
Kennedy comes out for gay marriage

I didn't know she was gay.
spendius

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 04:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
In reality the Gay Cavalier (Captain Claude Duval) was a highwayman with a reputation for being something of a ladies man.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 06:54 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
In reality the Gay Cavalier (Captain Claude Duval) was a highwayman with a reputation for being something of a ladies man.

Does that imply she is a vagitarian?
spendius

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 05:52 am
@H2O MAN,
No- It implies our dereliction of duty for allowing that lovely English word to take on a meaning it was never intended to do and thus to bring under one heading behaviour which had always been rigorously separated in both law and religious thinking.

Just 30 years ago it might have been possible to write on a holiday postcard-- " I picked up two English girls last night and we had a gay old time." Not anymore.

Media did it.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 07:36 am
@spendius,

Political Backlash Builds in New York Against Caroline Kennedy
spendius

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 07:58 am
@H2O MAN,
Good.

I understood that her DNA was 99% monkey. It might have been 99.9%. I forget.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:45 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I understood that her DNA was 99% monkey. It might have been 99.9%. I forget.

From her uncles side of the family?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:23 pm
Quote:
Caroline Kennedy has withdrawn from consideration for the vacant Senate seat in New York, according to a person told of her decision.

Todd Heisler/The New York Times

On Wednesday she called Gov. David A. Paterson, who will choose a successor to Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. Her concerns about Senator Edward M. Kennedy’s deteriorating health (he was hospitalized after suffering a seizure during President Obama’s inaugural lunch on Tuesday ) prompted her decision to withdraw, this person said. Coping with her uncle’s condition was her most important priority, a situation not conducive to starting a high profile public job.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/nyregion/22caroline.html?_r=1&hp

Well now, if she can't be Senator because her uncle is dying then she was never up to the job, talk about inability to focus. But this is not that, this is the princess picking up her toys and going home because not everyone is willing to go along with her desires to get what ever she wants handed to her after refusing to work for it. She was expected to show competence at leadership, from a person who claims to want to be senator this is not too much to ask. Back under the rock for this Kennedy....and good riddance.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 09:21 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
No- It implies our dereliction of duty for allowing that lovely English word to take on a meaning it was never intended to do and thus to bring under one heading behaviour which had always been rigorously separated in both law and religious thinking.

In a language sense, that's unadulterated poppycock, Spendius.

Quote:
Just 30 years ago it might have been possible to write on a holiday postcard-- " I picked up two English girls last night and we had a gay old time." Not anymore.

It's still possible and would be fully understood. You're probably aware that words can have more than one meaning.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
don't slap the hand that feeds you. Obviously the left must be your client base...buy your own words.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:23 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
The left has nothing to do with feeding me, but they do expect hand outs from me.

At least the under qualified skinny Kennedy has backed down and retreated to the Hamptons. - Good for everyone.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:24 pm
@JTT,
You're being pedantic JT. We can't use that word anymore in discourse without people taking it to mean what it does now. And you must know it.

There was a whole raft of words for homosexuals before. Now there's only one allowed. And it is a sanitizing word. One has to wonder why homosexuals felt the need to sanitize.

One could hardly call Francis Bacon's depictions gay? Or the guy himself.