What's the best present you ever gave someone?

Butrflynet

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:36 pm
@farmerman,
If your "disfigurements" are as beautiful as the soul you've slowly revealed to us, I can't wait to see them.
squinney

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:57 pm
(nodding)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:46 pm
We brought our first born, a son, home on Christmas Day. Three years later, we brought his little sister home on Christmas Eve. Best presents I ever gave. Or got. Smile
chai2

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 06:36 pm
@Butrflynet,
agreeing
0 Replies

msolga

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 06:27 pm
@roger,
Quote:
One year, I sent Msolga a box of Bisquick. She was thrilled to death - I guess.

(Just found this ... otherwise I would have responded earlier.)

I was, I was, Roger! (& I believe I told you so, too. Wink )

You know I was thoroughly chuffed that you'd go to all that trouble! (I'd responded with bewilderment to references to Bisquick on another thread. What the hell was this stuff you US folk were talking about? Confused ) One of those funny threads about instant meals under pressure, as I recall .... And you decided the best way to explain it was to send me some. So you did. I thought to myself, "What a thoughtful person!" And I was "thrilled to death" by your gesture, btw.Very Happy
sullyfish6

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 06:28 pm
I found a recipe hand-written by my deceased mother in law. It was for their favorite family "poppyseed" cake that she was famous for. I had it framed in acid free paper and had a custom fram box built for it. the recipe looked like it was floating in the box. It was beautiful.

Christmas day came and no call from sister in law. She finally called and said she was totally overwhemed by it and could not talk all day. We all cried that day. Best present, ever.
0 Replies

Mame

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 06:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

If your "disfigurements" are as beautiful as the soul you've slowly revealed to us, I can't wait to see them.

Totally agree with this.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:45 pm
@msolga,
Awww. I should have waited for "What's the oddest present. . . ."
msolga

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:48 pm
@roger,
Very Happy

It's the thought that counts, roger!
0 Replies

Chumly

Mon 15 Dec, 2008 02:52 am
The best present I ever gave someone?

Giving my first wife's (and second wife's) first orgasm by penetration alone.......not an insignificant task on my part.
aidan

Mon 15 Dec, 2008 03:07 am
@Chumly,
how do you know they weren't faking it...you know like if you'd given them a necklace or something and they'd be like 'ooh, that's so beautiful,' so they wouldn't hurt your feelings, but in reality they weren't all that smitten with it?

*Just kidding - I couldn't resist - I'm sure they BOTH believe their orgasms via you were the best presents they ever received.
Have you asked them?

Because I do think it's kind of hard to know what the best present you ever gave someone is - it's easier to know what the best present someone ever gave you is- unless they say to you - 'that's the best present anyone ever gave me'.

The best present I ever got was when one of my students - a 35 year old man who was illiterate and in prison for manslaughter -told me that he'd never forget me for teaching him how to read and write so that he could read the letters his children sent him and write back to them.
So I guess being a part of him learning to read and write was one of the best presents I ever gave someone.
Chumly

Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:39 am
@aidan,
Ah, the mysteries of the fairer sex! Some of the women I've known believe that this type of orgasm represents some sort of romantic goal; me I figure all's well that ends well.

That's great that you could contribute to your student's sense of accomplishment.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:36 pm
A friend of mine married a medical doctor
who escaped from Red China around maybe
20 years ago. Before thay got married, he
introduced her to me and we went to dinner
at a good restaurant out on Long Island.

She admired its beauty and the beauty
and flavor of the food, and told me
that in her country if something got done
it was by the exertion of human muscular labor
(as distinct from automation in America);
she said that when her family wanted to eat,
thay went out back, pulled up a cabbage and boiled it.
She described growing up in conditions of grueling labor,
in fear of the commies and told me how the Reds had tortured
her father to get his gold.

As it turned out, my friend was Scrooging out on
her honeymoon (because she did not know about that).
I thought that she was too nice to be abused in that fashion,
so inasmuch as I had an upcoming trip to Las Vegas planned,
I decided to give them a honeymoon there, in a Peach Suite
at the Golden Nugget (where I usually stay).
Thay were very happy with the opulent comfort of their suite
(until thay saw mine).

I thought that the Las Vegas Strip lit up at night woud be
a good contrast to the bleak drearyness that she had described
in Red China. Thay were impressed by the Volcano at The Mirage.
We went to a gunnery range and worked out with fully
automatic weapons; quite a few submachineguns and
many revolvers; had our pictures taken.

Thay enjoyed Las Vegas.

David
0 Replies

Heyy-sexayy

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 10:34 pm
@Foxfyre,
wow a Jesus miracle how beautiful but guess what?NOW YOO HAVE TO PAY TWICE ON B-DAYSSSS AWW SUCKS THEY DONT GET DOUBLE PRESENTS IN A YEAR ):* ):* ANYWAY jUSSS DO IT SAME DAYS OF B-DAYS AHAHA IDK
0 Replies