Illinois Governor Arrested

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 05:36 pm
@okie,
okie, Your assumptions and imagination are both your enemy; try to live in the "real" world.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 01:03 pm
It is pretty ironic to see the Reps go after Blago and Burris, and then give great support to Norm Coleman. There is solid evidence that Coleman took $75,000 under the table from a government contractor. The CEO actually arranged to make three $25,000 payments to Coleman's model/actress wife for advice on insurance. This was despite the fact that the wife was not connected with an insurance firm. The FBI is investigating now. Meantime, Reps are heaping honors on Coleman at the same time they are sliming Blago and Burris.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 02:16 pm
@Advocate,
I think Blago got railroaded on his impeachment, and people (like okie) were blaming Obama for not telling the truth. We then get Burris who outright lied and got caught. Politics in Illinois is interesting to say the least.
okie

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:55 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

It is pretty ironic to see the Reps go after Blago and Burris, and then give great support to Norm Coleman. There is solid evidence that Coleman took $75,000 under the table from a government contractor. The CEO actually arranged to make three $25,000 payments to Coleman's model/actress wife for advice on insurance. This was despite the fact that the wife was not connected with an insurance firm. The FBI is investigating now. Meantime, Reps are heaping honors on Coleman at the same time they are sliming Blago and Burris.

Fine, if Coleman committed crimes, out he goes. But it would not surprise me to one day find out corruption on Franken, he is an obvious dud in my opinion, and I would not trust him at all.

Back to Blago, Burris should resign. And to repeat for the umpteenth time, Blago probably had asked Obama's people for something, because he is on tape as saying they wouldn't give him anything, yet Obama and his people claim ignorance. What happened to all the reporters that went to Wasilla, Alaska? There is plenty of work in Chicago if they cared.
roger

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Politics in Illinois is interesting to say the least.

As true as it is understated.
Advocate

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:24 pm
@roger,
It seems to be everywhere. I see a lot of graft in the Carolinas, and I wager it exists all over the country. The worst is in DC. Remember Abramoff?
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 12:31 am
@cjhsa,
But, of course, you know, cjhsa, that despite the fact that the governor was impeached and that Burris may have perjured himself and that someone was trying to buy the Senate seat for Jesse Jackson, Jr., the Junior Senator from Illinois knew nothing about this--nothing--and, when he backed Blago, the impeached governor for election, he thought that Blago was a real reformer.

Isn't that something,cjhsa, there was a **** storm in Illinois politics but Obama came out smelling like a rose!!!
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 12:34 am
@okie,
Okie--But, of course, you know, Okie, that despite the fact that the governor was impeached and that Burris may have perjured himself and that someone was trying to buy the Senate seat for Jesse Jackson, Jr., the Junior Senator from Illinois knew nothing about this--nothing--and, when he backed Blago, the impeached governor for election, he thought that Blago was a real reformer.

Isn't that something,Okie, there was a **** storm in Illinois politics but Obama came out smelling like a rose!!!
okie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 09:49 am
@genoves,
Miracles do happen, genoves, but I doubt it very very seriously that one happened here. But nobody dares question the honesty, the purity, the almost godlike nature of the Chosen One. And isn't it amazing, this man that has absolutely no experience, except "organizing a community" alongside ACORN, one of the most corrupt and politically suspect organizations ever.

P.T. Barnum was certainly right about the suckers.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:36 am
@okie,
You're the only one on a2k who professes to be god-like with your judgments about other people you hardly know - except through FOX News and Limbaugh.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 04:03 pm
@okie,
Cicerone Imposter tells you,Okie, that you don't know Obama. I have read your posts and I can say that you knowObama very well. I am very familiar with Illinois and Chicago politics and I can say that you have pinned Obama down quite well.

If Cicerone Imposter wants to know Obama, he should do some reading-

The best book, which, of course, most left wingers would not read and, sadly, Cicerone Imposter could not read since he would not understand it- is the very fine book- Obamanation.

Now, the left wing would say that you cannot know Obama from reading this book because the sources are suspect. They would be wrong because many of the quotes and stories in it are directly from the two major Chicago papers( the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times) who championed the election of Obama but who did investigate him and his relationships with Blagojevich, Rev. Wright, "the bomber " Ayres, the Saul Alinsky group of community organizers, His real estate angel, the convicted A. Rezko and many others.

No,Okie,you know B.H. Obama. Cicerone Imposter is angry because you do know him!
Advocate

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:59 pm
@genoves,
You guys on the right are pitiful. You can't lay a finger on O, so you try to slime him using McCarthy-type tactics; e.g., guilt by association. O is clean, and is more competent and intelligent than any of the morons on the right. Look at Boehner and Kantor, who said they can't sign a bill saving the economy because that big meaning, Pelosi, dissed them. This reminds me of Newt who shut down the government because Clinton made him get off the rear of Air Force I.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:17 pm
Re: okie (Post 3578088)
Cicerone Imposter tells you,Okie, that you don't know Obama. I have read your posts and I can say that you knowObama very well. I am very familiar with Illinois and Chicago politics and I can say that you have pinned Obama down quite well.

If Cicerone Imposter wants to know Obama, he should do some reading-

The best book, which, of course, most left wingers would not read and, sadly, Cicerone Imposter could not read since he would not understand it- is the very fine book- Obamanation.

Now, the left wing would say that you cannot know Obama from reading this book because the sources are suspect. They would be wrong because many of the quotes and stories in it are directly from the two major Chicago papers( the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times) who championed the election of Obama but who did investigate him and his relationships with Blagojevich, Rev. Wright, "the bomber " Ayres, the Saul Alinsky group of community organizers, His real estate angel, the convicted A. Rezko and many others.

No,Okie,you know B.H. Obama. Cicerone Imposter is angry because you do know him!
okie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:26 pm
@genoves,
Heres what we are up against, the hero worship of Obama. He is on a pedestal, until people realize they've been fooled. Obama worship is a religion, and they will never admit it until proven beyond any doubt whatsoever. The following is a sample.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2009/02/20/abcs-terry-moran-compares-visionary-obama-george-washington

ABC's Terry Moran: For Obama, Presidency Is a 'Step Down'
"I like to say that, in some ways, Barack Obama is the first President since George Washington to be taking a step down into the Oval Office." (For those who have forgotten, George Washington defeated the strongest military power in the world. Barack Obama was a community organizer.) [Audio available here.]

Moran continued, "I mean, from visionary leader of a giant movement, now he's got an executive position that he has to perform in, in a way."

He compares a community organizer to that of being a general in the Revolutionary War!!!!
genoves

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:33 pm
O is clean? Of course, he is clean. Here in Illinois, where he is well known, everyone who ever played Basketball with him knows that he showers after every B Ball workout.

But, his relationships with the sleaziest of characters is suspect.

l. He obviously slept through all of Reverend Wright's sermons each week for twenty years since he never heard any of Wright's blasohemies against the USA or the eviul doctors who created AIDS to committ genocide against black people.

2. He got a big break on the price he paid for his Chicago mansion. But, there was no impropriety involved! Even though the man who wheeled and dealed for Obama bought a piece of property adjacent to Obama's mansion which lowever the price. The man who did it? Why Anton Rezko,jailed political fixer who introduced Obama to many in Chicago after Obama graduated from Harvard Law School. But, of course,if Obama knew Rezko was crooked, he never never never would have had anything to do with him.

3. Obama lived in the same neighborhood as William Ayres, the mad bomber and former Weatherman who bombed the Pentagon. Now,just because Obama sat on a board for several years with Ayres and just because Obama gained entry on to another board run by Ayres, does not mean that he knew him. Oh, no, andObama,as intelligent as he is,probably did not know thatAyres was a Weatherman--or else, Obama, as smart as he is,would think that even being on a board with such a person would reflect on his judgment.

4.Obama was a strong backer of the impeached Gov.Blagojevich during his gtenure as a Senator and as a state legislator. Of course, as briliant as Obama is,he had no idea that Blogjevich was involved in Play for Pay for years.

Oh,no. If the highly moral Obama had known about that he would have blown the whistle--That's how moral Obama is. But he did not know!

He mauy be clean after the Basketball games but politically he really is dirty!
okie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:24 pm
@okie,
I still can't get over Moran saying the presidency is a step down for Obama!!!!!!

Now thats quite a pronouncement. The job of presidency, the most powerful job on the face of the earth, is beneath the true capabilities of Obama!!!! It must be below his pay grade to even consider taking the job!!!!!LOL. Are these people sane?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2009/02/20/abcs-terry-moran-compares-visionary-obama-george-washington
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:27 pm
@okie,
okie, No need to shout.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:30 pm
@genoves,
O is clean? Of course, he is clean. Here in Illinois, where he is well known, everyone who ever played Basketball with him knows that he showers after every B Ball workout.

But, his relationships with the sleaziest of characters is suspect.

l. He obviously slept through all of Reverend Wright's sermons each week for twenty years since he never heard any of Wright's blasohemies against the USA or the eviul doctors who created AIDS to committ genocide against black people.

2. He got a big break on the price he paid for his Chicago mansion. But, there was no impropriety involved! Even though the man who wheeled and dealed for Obama bought a piece of property adjacent to Obama's mansion which lowever the price. The man who did it? Why Anton Rezko,jailed political fixer who introduced Obama to many in Chicago after Obama graduated from Harvard Law School. But, of course,if Obama knew Rezko was crooked, he never never never would have had anything to do with him.

3. Obama lived in the same neighborhood as William Ayres, the mad bomber and former Weatherman who bombed the Pentagon. Now,just because Obama sat on a board for several years with Ayres and just because Obama gained entry on to another board run by Ayres, does not mean that he knew him. Oh, no, andObama,as intelligent as he is,probably did not know thatAyres was a Weatherman--or else, Obama, as smart as he is,would think that even being on a board with such a person would reflect on his judgment.

4.Obama was a strong backer of the impeached Gov.Blagojevich during his gtenure as a Senator and as a state legislator. Of course, as briliant as Obama is,he had no idea that Blogjevich was involved in Play for Pay for years.

Oh,no. If the highly moral Obama had known about that he would have blown the whistle--That's how moral Obama is. But he did not know!
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:41 pm
@genoves,
Is it possible for you to give obama credit for climbing out of the swamp?? What we are finding out about illinois now makes me like and respect Obama more, not less.
genoves

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Really? Hawkeye 10, you are articulate and thoughtful. I would like to hear your reasoning for your comment about Obama climbing out of the swamp. Can you flesh that out a little more?

If you read the history of Adolf Hitler,one could say that he "climbed out of the swamp". Indeed, he was jailed and his party nearly collapsed, yet he went on to become Chancellor. Climbing out of a swamp is meaningless if the diseased tendrils are still clinging to you!