Illinois Governor Arrested

Advocate

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 05:04 pm
Blago's main concern now is that he will not be able to afford those big-boy haircuts in the future.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Good, Finn, now stick to those things that you know a bit about.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 07:55 pm
This blago guy is hilarious. He learned well from Clinton. "No attack ever fed a hungry child." His press conference today was so good, never addressed the charges, he will deal with that in due time, but he is of course innocent, and the legislature has not cooperated with him in all the wonderful works he has been doing and wants to do. He is a great guy, a loving guy, a compassionate public servant. For example, he saved the life of a woman with cancer, etc. etc., with his policies, and why the legislature will not cooperate with him and allow him to continue his wonderful governorship, it has to be weird. He has learned very well, don't the Democrats see he is one after their own heart, he loves people, he loves to help them, he feels the peoples pain, can't Harry Reid understand that!!!!!!! Why is Harry so mean spirited and uncompassionate, the old curmudgeon, the guy ought to go back to Searchlight, Nevada.
Advocate

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 10:43 pm
@okie,
There are big differences between Blago and Clinton. One is that Clinton was a great president.
okie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:10 pm
@Advocate,
Blago has saved lives!!!! Can Clinton say that? I doubt it, in fact thousands died because he did nothing when he could have taken OBL. And women were personally threatened. Has Blago ever done that?

No attack ever fed a hungry child, I remind you again.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:49 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
Especially since the Republican Party has already descended into anarchy.

Or so you might like to think.

The Republicans made a very big mistake believing the Democrats could not resurge.

The Democrats, and their associated tools such as yourself, will make the same mistake.

The difference is that all man-made cycles are shortening.

The Republicans will be back in power before you know it.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:59 pm
@okie,
Quote:
His press conference today was so good, never addressed the charges,

You're doing it again, Okie amd you're so dumb, or so ignorantly ballsy, that you think that you can pull it off.
okie

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:02 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
His press conference today was so good, never addressed the charges,

You're doing it again, Okie amd you're so dumb, or so ignorantly ballsy, that you think that you can pull it off.

Here I go making the same mistake, thinking I can converse reasonably with you, but I am simply trying to point out that Blago learned well, he is acting Clintonesque in his defense, yet he is trashed, while Clinton was praised. Blago is probably still trying to figure out what is going wrong, but I think he just offended the wrong people, thats the difference.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:01 pm
I don't think I ever linked this anywhere here, it's tangentially related to this thread:

Public corruption in the US - Illinois easily bested by LA, MS, KY
Quote:
The "corruption rate" mapped by state below is calculated as the total number of public corruption convictions from 1997 to 2006 per 100,000 residents. The data were compiled by Corporate Crime Reporter from Department of Justice statistics, and already presented in tabular and graph form at The Monkey Cage blog.
okie

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:46 pm
@nimh,
Speaking of corruption, nobody seems to care about Obama's slum lord connections in Chicago. His political friends and buddies profited, such as Valerie Jarrett, while the housing projects were mostly failures, a waste of taxpayers money, plus the people living there suffer. If this is any example of Obama succeeding with his pet projects, it aint going to be fun for the next four years as his failed Chicago policies go nationwide. But maybe his friends and political cronies will at least prosper?

Even Hillary Clinton reminded voters of this in a debate, to no avail. Old news, but the truth is, it is still valid, for anybody that cares, if they take time out to put the koolaid down and take a look around.
okie

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:56 pm
@okie,
I forgot to provide the link, old news, but still extremely pertinent, in light of all the investigations going, pay to play, etc. It is bound to rear its ugly head again, given the Chicago politics now getting ready to take over Washington.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92087053
JPB

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 04:20 pm
@okie,
did y'all see where blago compared himself to Gandhi, King, and Mandela?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2009/01/blagojevich_in_nbc_interview_c.html

And, he seriously thinks this position will help him?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 04:29 pm
@JPB,
I wonder which bar he was at when they shouted "four more years?"
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:44 pm
@JPB,
I haven't been following it very closely. Does Blago have a valid point about neither the legislature or him being allowed to present evidence/witnesses because of the pending Federal investigation?

At first I thought he was nuts, but the impression I got from watching his talk show marathons on Sweet's blog leaves me wondering if he does indeed have a valid point about it not being a fair trial.

Yes, he's got delusions of grandeur and is in denial of what was presented as transcripts of his verbal telephone conversations, but even the delusioned are allowed to present a defense and those proscecuting them are required to present evidence and cite laws broken.

Am I left with the impression because of the focus only on the tapes surrounding the senate replacement conversations? Is there more damning evidence in other transaction that is already on record that is justifying the impeachment proceedings, and is he just exploiting the early ambiguity of the senate seat transaction to nullify himself of all other accusations of earlier wrongdoing?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
I'm having the same response as you. I do not believe Blago has done anything illegal, because he did not receive any personal benefit from his talking about getting something for Obama's Senate seat.

Talking about anything illegal is not a crime except for making threats against the president - as far as I know. Maybe somebody with knowledge about these political legal matters can clarify it for us.
djjd62

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:51 pm
got too admit, the guys got a pair

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 08:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Actually, you are falling for what he wants the media to focus on. He wants everyone to ignore everything except his use of the prescribed ambiguity of evidence in the ongoing investigation of the senate seat transaction to obfuscate any consideration in his impeachment trial of existing evidence in the many questionable prior transactions of his term in office.

He wants people to think it is all about the senate seat when there are already several years worth of prior investigations and wrong doings to go on.

This is a pretty thorough overview:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Blagojevich_corruption_charges
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 08:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
That's true; much of the info I have is obtained through readings and what the tv media shares with us. Since I can't blame the media for my short-coming about having full knowledge about this case, it's best not to express whether he is guilty or not. Thanks for the head's up.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 08:14 pm
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 08:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's info on the 2006 federal investigation of him and his administration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Board_Games