This Just Made My Day!!!!

cjhsa

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:38 am
It appears the Bush administration is going to take O-boy's legs out from under him by (finally) dismantling the corrupt Chicago and Illinois political machine. Godspeed George.....

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/12/source-feds-take-gov-blagojevich-into-custody.html

Source: Feds take Gov. Blagojevich into custody
December 9, 2008 at 8:10 AM | Comments (0)
A source said today that Gov. Rod Blagojevich was taken into federal custody at his North Side home this morning. The U.S. attorney's office would not confirm the information.

A Blagojevich spokesman said he was unaware of the development. "Haven't heard anything -- you are first to call," Lucio Guerrero said in an e-mail.

and more good news!!!!

U.S. probes Blagojevich on Senate selection
December 9, 2008 at 5:57 AM | Comments (0)
A three-year federal corruption investigation of pay-to-play politics in Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration has expanded to include his impending selection of a new U.S. senator to succeed President-elect Barack Obama, the Tribune has learned.
Federal authorities got approval from a judge before the November general election to secretly record the governor, sources told the Tribune, and among their concerns was whether the selection process might be tainted. That possibility has become a focus in an intensifying investigation that has included recordings of the governor and the cooperation of one of his closest friends.

The governor has not been accused of any wrongdoing. The specific contents of the recent recordings have not been disclosed. Blagojevich has said the appointment of a Senate successor, which is his choice alone, could come in a matter of weeks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,544 • Replies: 13

maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:40 am
I love it. This makes my day too.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:28 am
According to the television news this morning they got him with wire taps so they've suspected something was up for some time. I'm sure more details will come out soon. (Wasn't it wiretaps or video cam that led to Chicago Mayor Daly's arrest and indictment some years ago too?)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:32 am
Everyone in Illinois is pysched about this. What's it to you, ceej? We know you hate this place (just another of your strange obsessions). Wouldn't you be rooting for the guy? He's been ******* terrible for the state.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:38 am
@cjhsa,
What a crazy scheme! This guy must be completely deluded. Try to blackmail a newspaper? Sell a senate seat? Unbelievable.
Gargamel

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:46 am
@engineer,
Deluded is an apt description. He's a little Napoleon who, like a certain president I know, tried to run the show single-handed. Legislators can't even sit in the same room with the guy to talk about a budget, partly because of political differences, but in large part due to a strong personal dislike of the guy.

About a year ago on the north side my sister was crossing the street in her neighborhood and some dude with a silly coif ran over to her and blocked her path. He said, "Ma'am, ma'm, be careful, you're going to get hit." What the ****? She was well aware of what oncoming traffic there was. She gets a better look and it's ******* Blagojevich.

He clearly has some Superman complex that hopefully is deflating as we type.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:03 am
there is another thread about this. By a sane person. see ya there.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:06 am
So, now anyone that has a difference of opinion with the 60-year old former singer in women's fishnet stockings is insane......

Now, if only they will go after Daley and really put a dent in the corrupt Chicagoland mob run political machine. The Acorns don't fall far from the tree...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:09 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

The Acorns don't fall far from the tree...

Laughing
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:49 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

It appears the Bush administration is going to take O-boy's legs out from under him by (finally) dismantling the corrupt Chicago and Illinois political machine. Godspeed George.....

Do you really think that is the case, or did this just happen anyway, even if Obama had never been elected?
cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:59 am
@okie,
I don't know, but the timing is PERFECT. Obama may have to make like Nixon before he's even inaugurated. "I .... un... am not.... er.. a crook!" (from Crook County).

Hey Dumbocrats!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:21 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/12/source-feds-take-gov-blagojevich-into-custody.html

Source: Feds take Gov. Blagojevich into custody
December 9, 2008 at 8:10 AM | Comments (0)
A source said today that Gov. Rod Blagojevich was taken into federal custody at his North Side home this morning. The U.S. attorney's office would not confirm the information.

This fuckwit - Blagojevich needs to resign ASAP!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 12:26 pm
Why would he do that? Demonrats look at this kind of publicity as a resume enhancement.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 01:54 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Democrats look at this kind of publicity as a resume enhancement.

You are correct... and now JJ Jr. is about to splain things to his constituents.
0 Replies