Love Com, the new dating revolution

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 10:46 am
LOVE.COM
US News & World Report

"I think this is as important as the automobile was in the 1920s and birth control in the 1960s."

-- Barbara Dafoe Whitehead, codirector of the National Marriage Project at Rutgers University and author of Why There Are No Good Men Left

Busy singles are turning to the Web to help them in a way that other social institutions don't anymore. Across the country, a record 40 percent of American adults are single, making them one of the fastest-growing segments of U.S. households today. And in the search for love, or at least a decent date, fully half of them--40 million Americans--visited an online site last month. It is, researchers say, nothing short of a social revolution.

For better or for worse, the Internet is radically changing the dating scene in America:

http://www.you-click.net/GoNow/a15504a86387a170716372a5
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 859 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 11:06 am
Call me old fashioned, but nothing says "courtship" like going to a bar and slipping drugs in women's drinks...or just picking up a crack whore.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:07 pm
You romantic beast you!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:29 pm
Amazing. 80 million single adults. Are we all just too picky?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:54 pm
Once while slumping, tried online dating.

Met the biggest weirdo/psycho girl I've ever come across in my whole life.

But I don't blame it on the online thing.

All chicks are tapped. She was just outside the median of tapped-ness.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:14 pm
I've met, in the real world, some guys from online. None of them were unusually tapped. One I dated for a few months and still email with. But, I weeded out the real strange ones and never would think of meeting someone in real life who seemed at all iffy online.
0 Replies