Men v. women: differing perspectives on money

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:09 pm
@spendius,
Remind us again which planet you live on, spendius.
spendius

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:25 pm
@Tai Chi,
Planet Yoofo

A spoof sci-fi story in which blue comedian Roy Chubby Brown is kidnapped by two female aliens and taken aboard a spacecraft where he is found guilty of moral turpitude. His sentence - he will become pregnant every year for the next thirty years...

Only it wasn't a spoof.

Do you really think that your sarcasm provides an answer to my post. It is an all-purpose answer, which presumably you have deployed before having got it off some other nitwit, when you cannot think of anything else to say but feel a need to express your indignation.

The logic of it is that female indignation rules the world. No wonder there's a financial crisis which nobody knows what to do about.

Snorting is more efficient from the point of view of the principle of energy conservation and thus scientifically more stylish in the post-modernist genre.

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:31 pm
@spendius,
Gosh, did I sound indignant? I'm not -- only curious. Since you prefer it, I will <snort>. As you say, it takes less energy.
spendius

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 03:01 pm
@Tai Chi,
How could you be curious asking what planet I came from? You were indignant for sure. It must have worked for you often enough for it to be habitual. Suggesting I get a head transplant is common too. Or a life.

It's perfectly natural in females and in those males who have found it easier in life imitating them. I'm used to it. Water off a duck's back. It means you lost the argument.

It's as natural as the negative emotion a man will show seeing his wife's brother being honoured and feted. Even a monkey would tell you that.

"totally" was italicised. Any counsellor of domestic friction will start by blaming both sides.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:43 pm
I'm so glad that Mr. B is not so insecure that he would envy my brother!

It's my brother. Why would my husband be jealous of my brother?

That's just creepy.
spendius

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:00 am
@boomerang,
Here we go again. Another assertion presented as a fact.

Why are you and your husband totally locking horns over a trivialty enough for you to be wound up to the extent of asking advice from us lot some of whom are from another planet and creepy? Totally is shouting and bawling surely?

Were you just seeking support for your point of view? I was sticking up for your husband. You were talking about him behind his back.
spendius

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:42 am
@spendius,
Quote:
From The Sunday Times
December 7, 2008
Jealousy could be crippling your dog, but he’s too proud to say so
Jonathan Leake

A DOG’S life might be even more difficult than anyone realised. Scientists have found that canines are prone to a raft of complex, unpleasant emotions such as jealousy, pride and envy.

They hate to see their owners offering affection to other creatures, especially other dogs, and seem to suffer particularly badly when their owners bring home new boyfriends or girlfriends, perhaps fearing they might be displaced.

“We are learning that dogs, horses, and perhaps many other species are far more emotionally complex than we ever realised,” said Dr Paul Morris, a psychologist at the University of Portsmouth who studies animal emotions. “They can suffer simple forms of many emotions we once thought only primates could experience.”

Until recently, psychologists believed most animals lacked the “sense of self” needed to experience so-called secondary emotions such as jealousy, embarrassment, empathy or guilt. These are more complex than feelings associated with instant reaction " such as anger, lust or joy.

The dog study is the latest into several species, including cows, horses, cats and sheep, which have shown that animals are far more self-aware than previously realised.

In the latest, Dr Friederike Range, of the University of Vienna’s neurobiology department, described how dogs feel intense jealously when they spot that they are unfairly treated compared with other dogs.

Range’s results, described at a recent conference, will be published tomorrow. “Dogs show a strong aversion to inequity,” she said.

Morris goes further. In research among dog owners, he found almost all of them reported jealous behaviour by their pets. The dog often tried to prise their owner away from a new lover in the early days of a relationship.
0 Replies

dude700

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:16 am
@boomerang,
Mr B is a tight ass
spendius

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 10:46 am
@dude700,
A "dude" is a bloke--right? So dude 700 is a bloke. As such he has let the side down. Broken union rules and IMO blasphemed.

He must be well under the cosh.
0 Replies

nufashion

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 09:59 am
@Green Witch,
completely agreed..
0 Replies

SteveRobs

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 10:05 am
@Green Witch,
yes i think you are right my friend..
0 Replies