PALIN GHOSTWRITERS

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 08:24 am
I'd like to know if someone suspects the presence of ghostwriter in Sarah Palin's speeches...

Contact me
Chiara

Green Witch

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 08:51 am
@ciaraciaretti,
The majority of politicians have writers. It's when they speak "off the cuff" that their true intelligence, or lack of, becomes evident. People like Palin and Bush crumble when they have to rely on their own brain. It's also why people like Biden should be kept on a "speech leash".
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 08:56 am
Casper and Spooky maybe....
0 Replies

ciaraciaretti

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:40 am
But if it's the truth...Is it a official practice (for White House's Communications Office or for ) or is it unofficial and unpopular??

I want to know everything about this, because I'm writing a thesis of hypothesis
ghostwriting especially in female speeches...(Palin, Clinton, Benazir Bhutto...)

thanks
Chiara
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:47 am
Of course it's an official practice. (One uses the indefinite article "an" before any word beginning with a vowel--sheesh, you're writing a paper and you don't know something that basic about the language?)

A ghostwriter is someone who writes an article or a book--most commonly, they write autobiographies or memoirs for celebrities, including politicians.

A speech writer is someone who writes speeches, usually for a politician, although other people use speech writers, too. This ain't rocket science here, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill by insisting upon describing speech writers as ghost writers.
ciaraciaretti

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 05:35 pm
@Setanta,
Sorry for my language, but I'm Italian and I'm trying to speak in my better way....In my thesis I want to find out this strange world...and say if politicians, in particularly, use completely or partially this army of writers...

Please can you speak to me in a simplest way? Wink
Do you know useful links for me??
Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:18 pm
@ciaraciaretti,
It is very normal and acceptable for a politician to hire writers. People want their politicians to clearly express their ideas and it does not matter if someone helps them do it. Some politicians are very smart, but are not good writers. Other politicians want to get across silly ideas but make them sound like smart ideas. The voting public understands that a politician is not always speaking her own words, but rather just her ideas and the ideas of her party.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:20 pm
First, allow me to apologize. Your command of English is good enough that i had initially thought you were a native-speaker of English, who was making a lazy mistake. So, given that you are not a native speaker of English, i would like to say to you that you do quite well in English.

Here are some speech writing web sites:

"Speech Writing Home"

Effective Speech Writing

Executive Speech Writing

If these sites do not give you what you need, come back here to ask for more help.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 09:45 pm
@ciaraciaretti,
Hardly any politician ever writes his/her own speeches. People in high office, e.g. a president, will have more than one writer on staff. As has already been pointed out by Setanta and others, these are usually not known as ghost writers. A ghost writer writes a book or long article which is then published under the name of a famous person, as though that person had written it.

As for speech writers, if a candidate for high office actually wrote his/her own speech, it would be "vetted" by a whole army of experts on his staff before he actually delivered it. By the time the editing on such a speech was over, it might well have become something entirely different from what the original contained.

The only time Sara Palin ever sounded as though she knew what she was talking about was when she was delivering a speech written for her.

Btw, welcome to A2k, Chiara.
0 Replies

ciaraciaretti

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 03:42 pm
Thank you for your help...
I'd like to speak with someone who works at the White House's Communication Office.Do you know any web sites through which I can do this??

Please sorry for my English..........................
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 05:01 pm
@ciaraciaretti,
This is a book that would interest you:

http://www.amazon.com/White-House-Ghosts-Presidents-Speechwriters/dp/0743291697
0 Replies