You were speeding and is that a candy bar in your hand?

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:19 am
I just read this morning that In Albuquerque it is illegal to use a cell phone, put on make-up or eat while driving.
Eat while driving? so how extensive does this law go? A five course dinner or bag of Skittles? Will this put fast food out of business? How about lipstick?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,663 • Replies: 12
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:42 am
@dyslexia,
What about ice cream cones?

BBB
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:56 am
@dyslexia,
WooHoo! They haven't banned using a laptop while driving yet!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 10:12 am
@dyslexia,
They ban eating, but not driving down the road while putting on your mascara, and applying nail polish.

Well, I'm sure that's not legal, but I rarely see people swerving all over the road over an Egg McMuffin.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 11:15 am
@dyslexia,
Frankly, I think it has to do with the lousy Albuquerque drivers, they only
can concentrate on one thing - so it's either driving or the other...whatever
it might be!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 11:33 am
As long as they don't outlaw drinking alcohol while driving I'm not gonna complain!
dyslexia

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 11:42 am
@Gargamel,
then you will nee to move to Montana
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 03:13 pm
CJand, whatever do you mean? (Innocent blink, blink).

TKO, text messaging might be taking it right to the edge.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:03 pm
I'll admit I'm weird. In fact, I'll be the first to admit it. But I've never understood how people can enjoy their food while driving (or even riding in) a car. I don't even like to eat while sitting behind the wheel in a parked car. I'll pull into a McDonald's with a drive -up window, park the car and go inside to order food, sit at a table and consume it in a civilized manner. I don't even like to sip a coffee while driving.

Funny thing, though: back in the days when I was drinking, an open can of beer within easy reach was a constant companion when I drove. I guess that's the exception that validates the rule.

But, all that said, I'm firmly opposed to laws like this. Come to think of it, I'm oposed to almost all laws that restrict my freedom to act like an idiot.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 06:01 am
@Merry Andrew,
Andrew:
One cannot be said to be eating in a civilized manner while in a McDonalds. One can eat certainly, but given the lack of actual plates, eating utensils made of something resembling metal and movable tables and chairs, the meal is merely consumed.

Joe(swallowed whole in all likelihood)Nation Mr. Green
farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 06:20 am
A steering wheel affords a perfect surface upon which to spread out a newspaper. I see many car poolers in minivans wherein the driver of the lot is reading the paper spread out on the wheel.

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 06:26 am
@farmerman,
Probably doing the daily sudoku.

Joe(lessee, 5,2,7....mebbe an 9.....)Nation
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 07:28 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
One cannot be said to be eating in a civilized manner while in a McDonalds.

You're right as usual, Joe. But the word "civilized" can be a relative term. In this case, eating crap off a wax-paper wrapper is more civilized than...etc.
0 Replies