If your pet was a person. . .

bigdice67

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:11 am
Open invitation
I forgot!

Anyone from a2k who shows up at my door will get one serving of Jansson's temptation, swedish style, or some swedish meatballs!

Just print this out as an coupon!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:04 am
BigD, an ex-pat?

Roberta is gonna flip if we don't stay on topic!!!

But how can we? We said what our pets are like. Wanna hear what mine did today? Penny's tummy was bothering her again so I told her that she'd need her Pepto-Bismo, vet-ordered when needed. I keep it in the frig. Well I'd lost the eye dropper and was searching high and low, meanwhile Penny, who understood exactly what was going on, found PFK and hid by his side, carefully watching me traipse around. When I finally admitted that no eye dropper could be found, PFK said she let out an audible sigh and relaxed.

Makes me suspicious that SHE may have had something to do with its disappearance.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:29 am
ok, a swedish ex-pat

Nisse loves lying on the monitor when I'm surfing, guess wgere he's right now?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:35 am
I like IKEA meatballs and will print out your coupon. Thanks!

I love the name of your cat. Perfect. A lot of cats must be named that, right?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:41 am
If my pet was a person,

I'd hope they'd

..........................................................BEAR

with me. Cool
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:43 am
Well, your right, like my wife, urs53, said, Nisse is the most common cat-name in sweden

Here in Germany... I'm sorry, I don't know...

Welcome! Tell me when you're coming and how many!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:49 am
Well...... maybe in a year or so? Probably just two! But I will look forward to it! We'll bring wine, what sort of wine with meatballs? Maybe beer is better~~~
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 10:03 am
Beer is really good, jeez, should we stop now?

go someplace else? saw an ethnic food thread out there...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 02:11 am
Piffka, querida, If you and Bigdice want to talk meatballs, please don't let me stand in the way. IKEA meatballs? Sound yummy. With anchovies on top or on the side?

Penny's got another tummy ache? Sorry to hear it. I'm sure she took the eye-dropper. If Mikey had any sense, he would have purloined the syringe ages ago. But anyone who knows Mikey knows that he has no sense. Or extremely little.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 02:22 am
you talkin to me roberta? syringe? nahhhhh.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 04:59 am
Roberta! Nevernevernever eat anschovies with meatballs! I think this cause great harm to your body actually!!! Lingonberry jam is the thing with meatballs, and those from IKEA are ok, but as always, homemade are the best!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1834&highlight= I started this one to make room for our furry friends!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 07:08 pm
Mikey, Nope. Talking about Mikey the feline. He gets medicine every day via a syringe designed to medicate babies. He doesn't like it.

bigdice, I was not entirely honest with you. I don't like anchovies. I was just trying to be congenial.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 07:17 pm
but Roberta, you have to have anchovies and capers in the sauce for your Konigsberger Kloppse!

(that's almost exactly how my aunt said it to me, when i saw the anchovies and capers on the counter when she was preparing to make me 'the old family favourite' - that i'd never heard of - of course she called me Lischen, not Roberta :grin:)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 04:26 am
ehBeth, I've been known to eat a caper or two in my time. But hold the anchovies.

What pray tell is the Konigsberger Kloppse? Did you like it, Lischen?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:06 am
Koenigsberger Klopse are meatballs from a Berlin neighborhood, done in a white sauce with sardines and capers, for the recipe you gotta ask walter though!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 10:03 am
Roberta! Trust me!! Go for the Lingonberry! Much, Much Better!!!! I wish I could grow Lingonberries. Delish.

-- Though, uhhhh, I'm sure the Klopse is OK. I have a favorite dish from our Mex. restaurant that includes fish & capers. I don't usually like my fish all mashed up, but... the flavor is no doubt quite fine.

Yeppers, in our neck of the woods, Christmas would not be complete without a shopping expedition that included IKEA & their meatballs! It was sad to hear IKEA's were targeted with bombs. I hate that.

Anyway, I think that's funny that Mikey wit the beer thought he might be Mikey the cat. Heeee -eeeeehhheeeee.

I guess I'll go over and see what link BigD has arranged.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 10:55 am
Just visited my sister over the weekend. They also have two cats - they are mother and son. The mother is completely black, the son is a grey tiger. When they got them from the animal shelter, the mother was called 'Maeusle' which means more or less little mouse. They had to take her to the vet a couple of days ago. Her name is now 'Kleine Hexe' which means little witch. And that's what she would be if she were a person :-)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 10:57 am
I'm sure she was just trying to protect herself from the evil Vet!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 11:01 am
Yeah, but they used one of the blow things to give her a shot and put her to sleep.

As you might be able to tell - I can't remember what it might be called in English Embarrassed
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 11:32 am
Urs - don't fret...

I couldn't express my self anywhere near that well in Swedish, or any language other than English, for that matter!
0 Replies