If your pet was a person. . .

Misti26

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:56 pm
Gosh guys, I never thought of it that way, but now that you mentioned it, Paddy is sure bossy ... as a matter of fact, at times I tell him he's worse than any husband!

Ok, I wouldn't marry him, but ......... he's awfully cute at times:)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:02 pm
Hello, margo!

Absolutely not!!!!
But cats are different, yes?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 06:53 pm
I've often said that I would never tolerate from a man what I tolerate from Mikey. And it's true.

Misti, Probably a good idea to stick with your own species. Humans aren't perfect, but we do have that opposable thumb. Makes life a whole lot simpler.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 06:56 pm
Stradee--Cheech and Chong and the Bobsey twins. And William the Conqueror, plus boots the mama. You have yourself a houseful--and a handful.

I wouldn't try telling a cat it's human. I think the cat would be insulted.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:02 pm
I got a new pet! Well, actually, I got it at Christmas, but it just came home today...

It's a plant. Purple Passion Plant. Beautiful and kind of furry. Purple and green. And it's been chilly, so it needs warmth and sun...

My sister gave it to me for Christmas. I had to leave it with my folks though, because I came straight back to school the morning of Boxing Day on the train and it wasn't possible to leave it at my apartment along the way.

It needs a name. And also maybe some sun and warmth...
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:04 pm
Hey, by the way, I graduated today!

So I'm officially a Chef!

(My folks came into the city for my graduation and they brought my plant with them, hence the connection.)

No more papers
No more books
No more teachers' dirty looks!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:06 pm
Congratulations. marycat! Very Happy
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:16 pm
marycat....Congratulations!!!!! Did your graduation ceremony include lots of yummy food??? Will you stay and work in New York City???

Many many years ago, I had a Purple Passion Plant. They're beautiful. Soft and Fuzzy.

Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:17 pm
Yay!!!
Congrats, Marycat...

So when're ya gunna cook us up a feed???
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:22 pm
If your pet were a person, marycat, it would all the time be potted. Call it Potted.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:41 pm
Way to go Marycat! Congratulations and many happy hours of cooking ... for us too!

Let freedom reign!!!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UgDvAq4Z2EQNeDlLUwkvOLecFyG64Bh1vO4kh4MFu!NoVeLbgFwu2oXABpwLzWOjH*tZnH2Z563yclqNXraN1fmAcJO0ztisudD4aF!OX*!2g7NyXDRgYmIDH7TWAb39/avatar-dolphin.gif?dc=4675402546207893636
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 07:45 am
Behold the chef and her new pet plant. Very Happy

Congratulations, Marycat.

Go out and celebrate!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 08:31 am
Thanks everybody!

^-^
:-D

Roger, I think I will call her Potted. I've never met anyone named Potted before.

P&L, I don't actually know if we'll stay in New York or not. Depends on whether and when Brian finds a job. We're out of savings and accruing all sorts of debt. The job market in this city, expecially in hospitality, is terrible.

On a brighter note, let's all celebrate! I'll make the hors d'oeuvres and cookies, someone can bring a bottle of wine, it'll be fun!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 11:16 am
Wonderful news, marycat, not that we had any doubts! But it is great that you won't have any more classes for a while and can rest on your laurels.

The good thing about the hospitality business is that it's everywhere, especially in the most gorgeous and desirable spots in the world. I've heard that sometimes the business hiring you will provide housing (sub-standard, no doubt, but... cheap) as well.

Good Luck!!! (The name I came up with for your plant was Three P's in One Pot, or 3P0 for short, but Potted is funny!)
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 12:00 pm
About the naming suggestions, Brian said, "I don't understand all the concern. It's a PLANT!"
I could only reply, "Hmmmph!"

It's important! Some people just don't get it...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 12:22 pm
At least he's cute and nevermind he's young enough to be trainable, I'm thinking.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:05 pm
Marycat--You refer to Potted as "her." Are you sure? If so, how so? Enquiring minds want to know.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:11 pm
Roberta, it's just a sense I have. I hope it doesn't offend any plants out there... I usually assign a gender pronoun to dinner too. I'm a little odd that way.

I never assume a baby is one or the other until I know, however. I just call them all "baby" or "cutie."
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:12 pm
Piffka, he is definitely cute. And young. But resistant to training.

*sigh*

I actually (usually) like his stubbornness, though. Usually.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:27 pm
Cool. A challenge! I'm sure you're up to the job.

As I tell my friends, my sweetie didn't come out of the box this way. It took YEARS of training.
0 Replies