If your pet was a person. . .

Roberta

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 06:27 pm
Cats may well be sensitive. The problem is that they may be sensing things that are of no interest to them, so they ignore what they're sensing. How is a human to know?

The only time I ever observed sensitivity to how I was feeling from Mikey was right after 9/11. He was gentle, loving, affectionate. He actually seemed concerned about me. I could tell that I was recovering from the trauma the first time he bit me after the attack. Either I was recovering or he was fed up. It could go either way.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:04 pm
And will we ever know? LOL -- Mikey? Tell us!

Maybe he was feeling traumatized, too and thought you were commiserating together. The best and sweetest bite of all, ether way.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:32 am
Piffka, I had a thread on abuzz about pets being a source of comfort during that terrible time. When I reported the first bite, people on that thread rejoiced.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 06:51 am
I remember that bite!!!! 'Twas a blessing!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:43 am
T'was, dlowan, t'was indeed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:05 pm
Piffka, sorry for not commenting before, I hadn't caught the post about Poppy's difficulty. Hmm, cat licking her ears? Pacco licks Parker's ears, and....Parker has a historic and almost constant ear infection...which attracts Pacco. Maybe Poppy has an ear infection affecting her balance...guessing here. Oooh, let us know..
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:30 pm
Thanks for your interest, Ossobuco. I think Stripe was licking Poppy's outside of her ears and would have gone for her face, but Poppy wouldn't let him. There isn't an ear infection... no heat, no shaking, no smell, no fever.

I talked to the vet today. He didn't know what to think, especially because she seems perfectly normal now. We are taking a watch and see stance. What else? I told him my theory of a witch in the bushes and a wicked spell. He agreed, that IS what it sounds like... a jolly fellow.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:04 am
Piffka, A witch in the bushes. Why didn't I think of that? Sounds like you've got the problem solved.

Glad to hear that Poppy is ok.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:11 am
Thanks, Roberta. We're watching her, but she seems fine. Today is nice and dry... it's 48F so I think I'll take her for a walk. But we'll be very careful around those bushes. I'm also going to take my son with me, and my cell phone. Can't be too careful 'bout witches.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:44 pm
Well, I would never have thought of a witch in the bushes, either! Whoodathunk? Question

Can witches disable cellphones?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:02 pm
I know Margo, whoodathunkit? But there was no other logical explanation, so we have to go with the science of it all. But, whew! Hadn't thought of disabling of the cell phone. My god, what is the world coming to?
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:55 pm
Have to be prepared for anything. Those witches can be sneaky...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:48 pm
heeeeeeeeeeheeeeee

(she says, wickedly)
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:56 pm
Well, if piffka is a witch, I have a feeling she's a good witch.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:02 pm
"She said," witchedly. LOL I hope all your witches are good ones!

I think Poppy's witch must have been trying to keep her from disturbing a nest of something small and sweet and fuzzy, however, it was alarming!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 02:51 pm
If my pet were a person I'd marry him, but.............. he's been neutered <sigh>.............
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 04:06 am
Misti, Paddy is that wonderful? Jack Nicholsonny? He's not even all grown up yet.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:25 am
Gosh, Misti, much as I love my critters, I wouldn't marry any of them ... Too demanding! Too indulgent! (Come to think of it, just like a husband! Very Happy)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:50 pm
Ditto, MsOlga.

Imagine being bossed about like this from someone you chose, rather than someone who chose you!? Rolling Eyes

You probably wouldn't tolerate it in a human, though!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:09 pm
If Your Pet Were a Person
Vastrada & Brady are identical twins and very fun loving ~ Cheech & Chong

Callie and Amanda are related also (Vastrada's Babies) they remind me of
the Bobsie Twins.

Ms Boots La Tour ~ arriving with five babies one summer day

Ms. Bell parfait (Boot's baby girl)

William the Conquerer ~ beautiful gray feral kitten (Just Willy)

Just try telling a cat they arn't a person ~ or just try telling a cat anything!

Laughing
0 Replies