If your pet was a person. . .

Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 01:57 am
I've sometimes wondered what kind of person my pets would be. I've had three cats. The first, Miranda, would have been a snooty woman, perfect hair and nails, very much the queen bee.

Patty would have been a cute, blonde, cheerleader, with a bouncy ponytail and a button nose.

My current cat, Mikey, would be working construction or as a garage mechanic. He's definitely a blue-collar kind of guy. With lots of muscles.

So, if your pet were transformed into a human, what would that human be like?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 17,092 • Replies: 222
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:34 am
Bailey would be Douglas Fairbanks - slim but muscular, athletic, extraordinarily handsome, gifted with word and weapon.

Cleo - she'd have to be Mae West. She is a little rounded dog, who'd wear platform heels if she could make herself look taller and trimmer. She is all about love and arch looks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:35 am
Yer dogs is peoples, darlin' . . . an' how come you ain't on the way to the subway yet ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:36 am
I take no responsibility for double-posts resulting from web site mechanical failure . . .
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:50 am
What an interesting supposition. Seamus, who is an eight pound Hawaiian poi dog (little of this and little of that) would be an organization man in that he is meticulous and territorial about his possessions ,and mine,and would have routed Captain Cook from the Sandwich Islands before sending a report to the IRA.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:53 am
Roberta, darling...
My poodle is a person!

Drunk
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:57 am
We don't have any pets right now but I can tell you about the ones we've had.

Jake the Mastiff mix would have been one of those big, gruff guys who are kind of curmudgeonly but at the same time don't want you to see them give candy to kids. He also did a lot of kissing, though.

Chewie the Rottweiler mix who was probably part Doberman would've been everywhere, and into everything. Just always getting into any kind of mischief. Very bright, but with ADHD.

Shadow the Pit Bull mix would have been a very busy, feminine woman, but with a bit of a mean streak. I could see her gossiping.

Knight the ex-racer (Greyhound) would've been a basketball player who could never turn pro because of agoraphobia.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:59 am
Well.. Stoopid (the cat) would be a bothersome teenage girl. I suspect she'd be one of those with the weird make-up, numerous tats and piercings and an attitude from hell.

Killer (the minature Dachshund) would be like Jerry Lewis was in earlier years. A sort of loveable clown with lots of energy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:27 am
ehBeth--Both are glamorous movie stars from the old school.
lavadawn--Seamus sounds like a CPA with chutzpah.
NewHaven, honey. If your poodle is a person, that makes him/her a perdle.
Jespah--That's some collection of dogs you've had. A big, soft-hearted lug. A hyperactive kid. A yenta. And an agoraphopic athlete.
fishin'--sounds like you've got a Goth and a clown.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:39 am
Hi Roberta! Cool Question. I have no idea... but let me think on my feet...

Poppy, the black chow, would be a helpful clutz. She'd work in a library and wear huge glasses.

Penny, the red chow, would be a friendly two-year-old kid who can't stop wiggling and fidgeting and breaking stuff, then looking contrite.

Stripe, the cat, would be a curmudgeon with a pipe & slippers. Definitely British and old-school.

Pearl, the horse, would be the world's first female linebacker, the one who doesn't let anybody go by. (Isn't that what linebackers do?)
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:54 am
Hi Roberta!! This is fun!!

Jack (my Border Collie) loves to run and jump. He would be an Olympic Athlete, on the track team. He would run the hurdles!! Or, he would be Forrest Gump, in the movie... "Run Forrest, Run!".

Very Happy
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:22 am
Hi Roberta. Great post. My doggies are gone now, but never, never forgotten. Crying or Very sad

My standard Schnauzer, "Schnapps" - When friends see his picture, (a close up of his handsome face) they say: "He reminds me of somebody I know. Who is it?" and I really get miffed, because it's so obvious. Maybe it's because his beard is so neat ( I took extra pains sprucing him for the picture) , but even so, one need only look at that powerful neck and those soulful eyes to recognize Sean Connery.

My mutt of 15 years, Raggedy Annie - A reincarnation of my very first playmate, the loyal one who followed me everywhere, was a trifle pesky at times, but was always there to hear my problems and was such an ego booster. Now, my daughter had a different opinion. Oh, she too, thought Annie was a reincarnation, a "werewolf". Now, that hurt! Although she did regret having called her that after she was gone. Smile

My tabby, Jags, lived to the ripe old age of 15, and had so many personalities, I'd have to call him "Sybil".
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:49 am
Piffka, I think you mean Offensive Lineman (-woman...)

Such a great question!

My Goldie, Gus, would have been an Ashton Kuchner (Kelso on "That 70's Show") type -- really good looking, but quite dumb, always getting into scrapes because of his stupidity, then somehow charming himself out of 'em.

Tillie would be Kathrine Hepburn in her prime, or Greta Garbo maybe -- patrician, exquisite, aloof, but with a heart of gold.

Jasmine is more like Anna Nicole Smith or Salma Hayek or oooh Jennifer Lopez -- she's totally Jennifer Lopez. Big, glossy, a bit much, gorgeous.

Pekoe was more like Mia Farrow in "The Great Gatsby" when it comes to looks -- delicate, beautiful, sweet.

Ginseng was the toughie, like maybe early Gwen Stefani or that boxer chick who's been in a few movies -- beautiful, but with a glare.

(Tille, 14, is the mother of Jasmine [13], Ginseng [deceased], and Pekoe [deceased.] Their dad was a neighborhood tom I'd named Earl Grey.)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:58 am
Thanks, Sozobe.

Tillie sounds like a cat I used to have... Winston. Couldn't have been more perfect. Is Tille all black, by chance?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:16 am
If Spooky and Nermal were people, I would have to claw my way to the food bowl.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 03:53 pm
This is Jasmine as a kitten:

http://sc.communities.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/7/10ec.jpg

All four of the cats are calicos -- Tillie is a gorgeous pearl gray, white, and kind of apricot, very very soft, and bright green eyes. Jasmine's mostly black, Pekoe was mostly white, and Ginseng was mostly gray.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:01 pm
Arrrrrr. Sweet kitty. Calicos are great. And you're right, she does have that JaLo look!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:12 pm
That was the only one I had online, but I hadda go scan a picture of Tillie, she's such a beaut:

http://sc.communities.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/7/10ed.jpg

Here it is bigger (would only let me post the thumbnail):

http://groups.msn.com/TheRavensRealm/ourmostlycompanions.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=4333
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:15 pm
It doesn't show. Sad

edit -- Laughing Oh, there you go.

Is she a kitten in that photo? She looks darling and very young.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:20 pm
Yes, she's a kitten there. I don't have any pictures of her in her full She Who Must Be Obeyed glory, but you can probably get an inkling of it there.

I miss my kitties. Sad (They were mine really for only a couple of years, then I went to college, and they've been my dad's since.) Thanks for the opportunity to talk about 'em, Roberta. Smile
0 Replies