IF YOU HAD YOUR LIFE TO LIVE OVER

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:53 am
Piffka- WHITE SHEETS? Are we producing a rapture dance, or having a KU Klux Klan Meeting! Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:02 am
I guess I'm thinking of Grecian togas... I don't know!!!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:38 am
I could never ever do this life again. In fact I don't have a clue as to how I do it now. But if I could dance my way through it that might be worth it.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:42 am
I know this thread has taken quite a turn, but I'm going to answer anyway.

As odd as it may sound, the only thing I would change is I would have had sex with more men. There's beautiful men that I could have taken the pleasure of but didn't for fear of feeling slutty. Now, I realize that 'who would have cared'? Damn my conscience. I'm not talking hundreds of men, just a few come to mind. I would have had to gotten rid of some 'steady dates' a lot sooner, and I certainly wouldn't have regretted that either.

Otherwise, I've always tried to seize any opportunity to have a full life, and have nothing else I would change.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:44 am
More sex that would be a good thing Sugar.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:50 am
Hate to be stuffy again, Joanne, but Merton was talking about the insight--the awakening--of zen. Perhaps taking on the mental posture of amor fati.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 12:02 pm
There was a famous British philosopher, cannot remember his name right now, who spent his life developing the thesis of death and sex as the meaning of life. When he died about ten years ago a friend sent me his obituary from the London Times. I will have to go through my memory box and see if I can find it. The idea of sex as a driving force in our lives has always made sense to me. Of course sex to me is more than just the physical act. I used to play a game with my friends they would name a topic and I would try to relate it to either sex or death. Many I find refuse there sexual side and are afraid of death.
0 Replies

london

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 03:01 pm
I know this is materialistic, but i would put all my spare cash into the property market as opposed to stocks and shares.

Other than that, nothing as i could not envisage life without the kids. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:09 pm
The property market??? You mean you'd buy shares of real estate? Or do you mean buying individual pieces of property?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:28 pm
Sugar, I hear you! I think it's best to say "Life isn't about what happens to you, life is about what you do with what happens to you." I forget who the author was, but it is so true.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 11:39 am
What you say is true, Misti, but even so I know of one thing I would've done differently: not spent so many years being single and wild, settling down and having kids at a younger age. I was so afraid to settle down, and now I know I had nothing to be aftraid of, that I would have found raising a couple of kids more satisfying than going through boyfriends.

I'm happy with my one child, but she gets a lot of attention that would be better divided among 2 kids or so.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 11:47 am
here's a quote from a John Lennon song.... it's the song that he wrote for his son, Sean.... the name of the song is "Beautiful Boy"....

"life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans"

Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 02:47 pm
Dream2020, Welcome to A2K, it's great to see you here.

What you say I can relate to also, but maybe the choices we made and the actions we took were part of the lessons we were supposed to learn in this lifetime. If that's the case, then no harm done. We're all better for having learned those lessons.

As far as your daughter is concerned, give her all the attention you can, she deserves it and is entitled to it.

I have always found that children who are "only" children are very above average in everything. I think the reason for that is because they get so much attention and they have high self-esteem.

Have fun with A2K! It's a great site:)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 03:27 pm
Dream2020 Very Happy Smile Laughing WELCOME
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 10:06 pm
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 10:09 pm
Twice I posted a response to Peace and Love and twice my post disappears after clicking submit.

Peace and Love, I forgot what I was saying now:) Laughing
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 11:50 pm
Welcome Dream 2020
I hear ya on the wild ways and I too have one child that has had lots of attention. My son is now 15 and has grown up to be a wonderful young man so far, so I'm very happy with that and wouldn't have changed anything in that aspect :-D
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:21 am
Hi Misti -- LOL... that always happens to me, too, when my post disappears. It's just impossible to re-type the message. There were a couple of times today, at the office, when I couldn't open this website. I thought that maybe it was because our computer guy was working on the server. I finally gave up and went to Borders Books and the grocery store before coming home. Seems to be working OK now. Confused

Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:00 am
I will tell you what I have been telling myself, every time I lose a post,

"Don't forget to copy to the clipboard, in case something kerflooey happens!"
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:51 pm
if i could do it all over again i would have made backup disks of everything i lost when this damn computer crashed the other day.
0 Replies