our lives.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,092 • Replies: 94
No top replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:49 pm
Not much, I think. I believe if I didn't do some of the things that in retrospect look like perhaps they were wrong or foolish, it would have affected many other aspects of my life. On the whole, I am pleased with who I am and whom my children have become and I wouldn't want to risk changing those outcomes so I'll just take a pass.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:53 pm
There are many things I would change, HOWEVER, if any one thing were different, so would be where I am now, so I would have to say "Nothing" from that perspective.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:57 pm
To set in my ways to go back and change anything now. That may not make a lot of sense, but there isn't really much I feel I could change, given the same situations.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:06 pm
I would have been more responsible when I was younger and I would have made much better choices in the men department. That's about it.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:14 pm
Bandylu, then you are one of the lucky people who are contented right where they are and with who you have become!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:15 pm
Bermbits, the old saying holds true here. If I could do it all over again and know what I know now:)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:17 pm
Roger: The question is more "what have you learned" from your life. I think you've learned a lot because you would never be as sweet as you are if you hadn't!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:19 pm
Gezzy, I can relate to your answer too! But what have you learned from it?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:24 pm
I've learned to be responsible and to stay away from bad men, lol.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:25 pm
Very Happy
I would do everything just the exact opposite of what I did. I've experienced this life, and it's been a good life, and it will be for many more years. I have no regrets, and I've learned that I could survive if everything suddenly became just the opposite.

I'd be a stay-at-home mom with 10 children. Home-schooling. Living way out in the middle of nowhere. Raising our own food. Generating our own energy. Making soap. Sewing clothes. Building fences. And every night we would all play music together!

Very Happy
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:26 pm
I'd love to have a wonderful sweet guy like Roger to share my life with :-D
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:28 pm
Gezzy, I'm glad to hear that.

As for myself, I still have some work to do on me, because I'm still attracted to the wrong men, for me.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:29 pm
Peace and Love- Now that sounds like a great life, but just a few kids would work for me :-D Of course I'd want to live on a farm with lots of animals.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:31 pm
No, Misti, I'm not totally content with where I am. I wish I'd saved more and spent less. But had I saved more there are some things we wouldn't have bought which brought great family pleasure and togetherness which I wouldn't want to have missed. There are things I don't like about my past, but, again, if I were to change them (or my reaction to them) then we wouldn't be who we are. I don't want to mess with that.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:31 pm
I hear that loud and clear Misti. After my last relationship, I'm afraid to get involved at all. It's been a almost 5 years since the last loser and it sure does get lonely :-(
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:32 pm
Peace and Love: Your life sounds like a wonderful dream. I would go with most of what you said but I don't think I would have so many kids ... then again, living on a farm and being a stay-at-home mom you would have the time that each of the kids deserve.

I also agree, I would change almost everything about my past life, and hopefully do it right.

Too bad hindsight is 20/20:)
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:35 pm
But Misti, if you change all the bad things, it will also change the good things. Some of the good things happen because we learned from the bad things that came first. Some of the bad things make us into better people.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:36 pm
Gezzy: I think we have to work on ourselves and our choices before things will change.

I think I've come a long way, because now I KNOW what WON'T work, and I see it as plain as day.

It does get lonely, but I'd rather be alone than in the company of someone who makes me unhappy or twice as lonely as when I'm alone.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:40 pm
Having thus far, with some adventure and much effort, managed to survive my previous errors, challenges, and triumphs, I would be hesitant to take on a new and unknown batch. This will do, thank you.

timber
0 Replies