Applying for a Job

gollum

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:54 pm
In my present job at a regulatory agency I have recommended the taking of a number of actions with respect to companies it regulates. I communicated my advice through emails to members of management of the regulatory agency. My advice was not accepted. However, the present economic problems in the United States evidence the prescience of my advice.

I now wish to apply for a job in another organization. I wish to evidence to my prospective employer my effectiveness as an employee by showing it the emails I sent at my present employment.

Would my doing so be legal? Suitable? Is there a better way to handle my purpose?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,120 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 05:28 am
@gollum,
You may be able to share the emails if you block out all references to the people in them and, of course, all email addresses.

Ask your current employer if you can keep copies of your work product (with the caveats I've outlined above). You need not tell them why -- your employer will know that it is for something like a job search, either current or future -- and it is fully within your rights to seek employment.
0 Replies