insecure..need adivce

idknow

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 04:45 pm
recently since my last girlfriend, who i trusted fully and she screwed me over big time thus making me feel insecure about all my relationships, i havent been able to really trust any of my girlfriends
right now im in a relationship for a little over a month, but ive begun to feel as though i suck at talkming meaning i dont know what to talk about anymore, can anyone please give me advice on this?
another problem i seem to be having is the trust issue where i know inmy heart she wont cheat but since my last girlfriend who screwed me over i dont feel like i can trust my girlfriends anymore. im constantly like nervous that shell be unfaithful to me and i get anxious about this constantly. i dont want to bring this up with her cause im afraid itll make me look like a weak person, advice?? thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 869 • Replies: 9
No top replies

JPB

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:36 pm
@idknow,
Right, don't bring it up with her.

Every relationship is a matter of give and take, mutual trust, and hopefully more good times than bad. If you both care about each other and have a good time together then the only thing you need to work on is the trust part.

I don't know how old the two of you are but I'm guessing you're teenagers or young 20s, yes? If so, you shouldn't be thinking in terms longer than this weekend. You aren't at the point in life where you're interested in settling down (I hope) or happily ever afters so look at how the relationship with your girlfriend feels to you today. Is it good? Good. Make plans for the weekend. Next week do that all over again. One day or one week at a time. If all of a sudden you answer No, it isn't good then step back figure out why and make it better or break it off.

You're young. It's about good times and fun. Enjoy yourself until you don't. Do not look past this week. Next week is a very long time from now.
idknow

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:43 pm
@JPB,
were both teenagers but i get what your saying look at it one week at a time, but im just tired of all my other relationships that were one week flings id rather have a long term relationship because i want to feel the (love) and happiness that comes along with it instead of the false feelings from week flings

one of the biggest problems im having lately and this is just starting to happen, is the fact that im at a loss of conversation, with all my friends guys and girls im at this point where i have no idea what to talk about, the most important relationship i wish to keep is the one with my girlfriend, and im afraid shell want to break up with me if i dont keep the relationship interesting with my cocnversations
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:49 pm
@idknow,
It sounds like you may be trying too hard. RELAX!!! Do the two of you mostly hang out with a group of mutual friends or just with each other? Do you mostly talk by text, IM, phone, just in school...? What is it about her that you like? If its just her looks and you don't have anything to talk about then accept that and don't get so deeply attached. In fact, don't let yourself get so deeply attached after one week that it's any big deal to you at all if it doesn't last more than a week.

What are your hobbies?
idknow

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:58 pm
@JPB,
well its almost 2 months, and i know im getting the feeling like im tring to hard and thinking too much about it
we usually will hang alone together but occasionally well hang out with her friends
we talk a lot by txt and occasionally a phone call. we go to different schools so that makes it hard to see each other except on the weekend
i like her for more than just her looks, like ive gotten to know her really well and like everything about her, and thats why i like her soo much
but idk about my hobbies cause im not really sure what i want to be when i grow up nor do i have much free time for me
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:13 pm
@idknow,
Well, then what are her hobbies or interests? You like everything about her but what are those things? If you've run out of things to talk about then it sounds like you don't share the same interests. If you don't share the same interests then the relationship will run it's natural course and eventually end.

One thing I'd caution you about. Don't take on her interests just so she'll find you interesting. Get to know yourself a bit and spend some time figuring out who you are. Then, once you know who you are you can find someone who cares about you and wants to be in a relationship with you.

idknow

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:18 pm
@JPB,
but thats the thing i know shes like really into me, atleast thats what she tells me, and we do share a lot of the same interests like movies and music but its not just her im havin the talking issue with its all my friends even friends ive known for years...im just at a loss for words and convos
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:26 pm
@idknow,
Maybe you're just tired of saying the same things to the same people. You don't have to be the life of every party. Again, RELAX and don't worry about not being to fill the airspace with banter. Just be with her and take it as it comes. One week at a time. The more you worry about it the more uptight you're going to act about it and the more you're going to fixate on it.
idknow

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:43 pm
@JPB,
ok thanks
i might have done something stupid but it worked out well, i asked her about it but it seemed to work out well because i said how nervous i was baout it and she helped out and even told me we would stay together
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:44 pm
@idknow,
Cool. She sounds nice. Now, play it smart and don't bring it up again!

good luck. keep us posted.
0 Replies