WELCOME BACK, DIANE

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 11:02 am
Diane is back - WELCOME - and now transplanted in Colorado.

So glad to have you back with A2K, Diane. We've missed you!

---BumbleBeeBoogie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 712 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 02:23 pm
Thanks for starting this topic, BumbleBee. Yes, agreed, we have missed you, glad to have you back, Diane.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 06:16 pm
BBB, thank you sweet thing, but I don't really think all that many people were even aware that I wasn't around for a month or so, since I don't post as regularly as lots of a2kers.

It is wonderful to be back on a2k and to be in Denver, starting a new life. I feel better than I have in a long time; in fact, I had forgotten how good it is to feel like my own person again and to be with someone who means the world to me.

Osso, dear friend, it is good to be in Denver and back in the warmth of a2k.

BBB, you aren't terribly far from here, so I expect a visit in the next few months--that is, if you don't mind sharing the apartment with a parrot (conyer) named Fred. He came with Bob as part of the package--he's almost as sweet as Bob.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 11:26 pm
Diane
Diane, will the parrot play with 9-month old Bichon puppy, Madison?

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 11:31 pm
Fred, the parrot, has been known to intimidate Doberman Pinschers. He bites even though he only weighs a few grams and big dogs back off as if saying, "Hey, back down buddy, I was only kidding!!"
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 11:46 pm
The last month has been sheer torture for me. I haven't been my normal self, snapping at people, drinking more than I should, pouring boiling oil off rooftops and watching the populace below writhe in agony as the oil sheared the flesh from their bones.

At first I thought my behavior was attributed to my lack of caffeine (I stopped drinking coffee because I am protesting the labor practices of the Columbian Coffee Cartel) but then I happened to overhear a conversation the other day as I was pouring more boiling oil off the rooftop of Bob's Needlepoint Shop.

Someone in the park said, "Ratzenhofer is pouring boiling oil on the populace again! Why the hell does he insist on doing that?"

An old lady who had barely escaped the splashing oil and was now bent over trying to catch her breath, said, "He's been like that ever since Diane left A2K."

Of course, I thought, that was why I was so edgy. Diane hadn't been around for over a month. Everyone at A2K had been on edge. No wonder there was so much tension over at the board.

I gingerly pulled the cauldron of oil off the ledge and set it on the rooftop. At that precise moment, the sun burst through the clouds and a flock of white doves whisked by. I smiled. Diane is back

I now feel inner peace.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 11:50 pm
Blessings, my son. May the boiling oil now be used for crispy fried chicken, southern style. I'll bake the pecan pie.
May the doves represent the blue bird of happiness.
Peace, Ohm, or whatever turns you on or off, as the case may be--but then I digress.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 06:46 am
Lovely to see you again, Diane! Very Happy
Of course we noticed you weren't around!
And I'm SO glad for gustavratzenhofer's sake! Laughing
0 Replies