If someone told you had exactly 9 minutes to live, what would you do in those 9 minutes?

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:58 am
If someone told you had exactly 9 minutes to live, what would you do in those 9 minutes?

I would keep setting the clock back.

BBB

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'd ask them for a link to their source of information so I can read it for myself and assess the situation to see if there is anything I can do to change the outcome.

If not, then I'd turn on my favorite music, make a cup of tea, and make some phone calls to loved ones.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:52 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Light up a cigarette, and eat a Big Mac.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:54 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'd give my flirty hot neighborette the cowboy-ride of her life!!!

(dunno 'bout the other 8...)
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 05:11 pm
@Rockhead,
BAhahahahhahahhahahhah
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 05:22 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Beg my neighbour for a cigarette, chug back some gin and o.j., light a cigarette and relax.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 05:32 pm
I'd litter my desk with scrap paper covered with numbers, Greek symbols, and other impressively mathematical jottings, then get out my diary and write "I have AT LONG LAST discovered what everyone, especially THEM, have been trying to figure out for centuries now, and that is..." And then I'd stop.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 05:34 pm
Panic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:08 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Try to come up with a clever epitaph. Which would be a wasted effort, since I have already tried to write one and have failed, miserably.
chai2

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
panic for a bit, then make sure I put a note on my neighbors door to look after the cats, since they'd be locked in the house.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 09:34 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I would drive my two dogs, Dolly and Madison, to my vet so they would be taken care of. She has my family and close friend phone numbers so she knows who to contact for them to be picked up.

BBB
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 10:21 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:

Negotiate

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 06:23 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Probably review my life and come to the conclusion as to:

1- How much time I've wasted.
2- Things I should have done, but didn't.
3- Things I should have said, but didn't.
4- Make up my mind not to come back here in my next life.

Hmm, I wonder what's on TV tonight?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 09:35 pm
I think we need a lot more detail to answer that question. I would think the answer is to a large degree dependent upon what awaits you in those nine minutes.

Am I going to be choking to death as my windpipe tightens shut as a result of having been poisoned? In that case I'd probably panic and waste a couple minutes trying to make myself vomit by sticking my fingers down my throat and crying, soon followed, depending on what kind of poison it is, by convulsions, extreme muscular cramping, internal bleeding, and gernerally screaming in pain and agony as I die horribly and and in misery.

That would suck.

But say it was to be a tsunami with a thousand-foot surge that would kill me instantly, but leave me with nine minutes to prepare. In that case I'd probably first check what time it was on my cell phone. I'd then look around my apartment quickly and try to take stock of all the little things I have--a guitar, some books, some pictures of family, some of which I'd probably grab and put in a pocket somewhere. I'd try to appreciate these things with a new focus and intensity that would inevitably fail and leave me feeling frustrated and doomed. After that I'd hope to put my fast-approaching demise out of my mind for the moment and make a move.

I'd grab my cellphone and then scoop my cat up in his carrier. I'd take one last quick look around and check my watch again"damn, only seven minutes left. I'd open the bottle of vodka I have in the kitchen and guzzle out of it for ten solid seconds, then throw it to the floor, hearing it's shatter as I ran to my bedroom window and the fire escape beyond.

If possible, I'd try to get a front row view as the monster wave came crashing over all in it's path. I'd make my way down the rusty old fire escape to avoid the screams and panicked cries I would most likely be hearing from the hallway in my building. I'd navigate my way through the back yards until I got closer to my destination, avoiding the pandemonium that would surely be occurring in the streets.

Finally I'd arrive at the promenade at the edge of the river, where I'd scan the horizon for signs of my approaching wave of doom. I'd call my parents. I wouldn't be able to get through. I'd try several times, until finally giving up. I'd murmur my goodbyes to them quietly, with tears but also with dignity, feeling the wind on my face as I cried.

I'd check my watch again. Two minutes. I'd moan a little as I unlatched the cat carrier and picked up my cat, who would instantly be elevated to my life's most beloved friend, out of pure necessity. I would look into my cat's frightened eyes as I held him and cry a little. I would hold him tightly to my chest and love him as if he were my world.

After checking my cell phone one last time, I'd throw it into the river, watching it arc down into the cool blue water. I would then get my first look at the wave approaching in the near distance, and at that point, time would cease. I would hold my world as close to me as I could, and I would watch, eyes open and as alive as they ever could be, as oblivion arrived.
Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 09:39 pm
@kickycan,
You could do all that in 9 minutes?
kickycan

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 10:02 pm
@Reyn,
I live real close to the river.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 10:05 pm
What Jolly Andy said.
0 Replies

Lambchop

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 11:16 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
I would keep setting the clock back. Smile

You took my answer, BBB!
verbivore

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 01:35 am
@Lambchop,
Quote:
I'd litter my desk with scrap paper covered with numbers, Greek symbols, and other impressively mathematical jottings, then get out my diary and write "I have AT LONG LAST discovered what everyone, especially THEM, have been trying to figure out for centuries now, and that is..." And then I'd stop.
shapeless that was a really good one Smile

Me?? Id take my phone & wallet..run to the nearby bakery (its close enuf) call all the people i can get through..and ya msg my hubby to consider another marriage.in teh meantime buy as much as chocolates i can get and eat them till ma last breath ;P
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 01:37 am
@verbivore,
i would probably log into a2k and ask what i should do.
0 Replies