If someone told you had exactly 9 minutes to live, what would you do in those 9 minutes?

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:40 am
@kickycan,
Quote:
I'd open the bottle of vodka

I'd go round to kicky's place - drink his vodka, piss in the bottle and put it back with the others. Then I'd paint his goddam cat chartreuse. I might then try one of those handy books, like "Learn To Juggle in 6 Minutes". If I only had 5 and half minutes left or I was too drunk to juggle, I would leave this world pretty cranky.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 08:15 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Quote:
I'd go round to kicky's place - drink his vodka, piss in the bottle and put it back with the others. Then I'd paint his goddam cat chartreuse. I might then try one of those handy books, like "Learn To Juggle in 6 Minutes". If I only had 5 and half minutes left or I was too drunk to juggle, I would leave this world pretty cranky.

You could do all that in nine freakin' minutes???
dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:21 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Quote:

You could do all that in nine freakin' minutes???

Depends on how time is measured.

When he got to Kicky's it would be before he left Oz.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:24 pm
There are many things I would like to achieve in this short lifetime, but in nine minutes I guess there is just enough time to thank the creator for “the dream” of the things I have not yet accomplished.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:26 pm
I'd try to spend the 50-60% of my money that O-boy would steal in inheritance taxes.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:26 pm
I would commit suicide.
cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:32 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

I would commit suicide.

You have nine minutes to live.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:33 pm
@cjhsa,
Walked right into that one, didn't I?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 10:03 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
look for an escape clause
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:32 pm
@husker,
id liquidate any accounts i had score some drugs and have the time of my life if i had reason to believe their words were truth.

i might also run through the las vegas strip naked. i think it would be remarkably fun.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:41 am
@kickycan,
Not bad.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:44 am
@cjhsa,
Quote:
I'd try to spend the 50-60% of my money that O-boy would steal in inheritance taxes.

You do realize I'm sure that if you were to die in 9 minutes, the first 2 million dollars of your estate would not be subject to any estate taxes, and only the amount over that 2 million would be liable for any type of tax at all.

Of course, you and you spouse must have an A/B trust, which would effectively shield twice that amount.

Hey, don't worry though if that's not enough of a exemption. If you can make it to January 1, 2009, your entire worth just might be covered, since the break will be at $3.5 mill.

Heeeeyyyy.....are you that guy in the video that was selling McCain t-shirts at a card table, and complaining the new administration was going to take all his money?

I did not know that business was so lucrative.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 12:45 am
@cjhsa,
Quote:
I'd try to spend the 50-60% of my money that O-boy would steal in inheritance taxes

You can do that right now. Why wait till then?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 09:01 pm
Put on some music, nice and loud. Used to want it to be Sympathy for the Devil, even before the movie, but now I suppose Callas doing Gluck. Or, depending on mood, Fabrizio de Andre and Mi Innamoravano..

This means I should store a pack of my brand of cigs, if I can remember what it was, in the freezer, eh? Too much trouble to go the store in nine minutes.
Plus I should buy some serious single malt scotch and hide it from myself in the presumed intervening years. And buy some heavy crystal highball glasses, more than one in case I have unexpected company.

I'd whip out some emails.
Call (well, I'll have to think about that, which one person in my whole life..)
Runs through a montage.. ok, my niece if I could call only one.

Yeh, I'd have to set the clocks back, including on the computer. Maybe I should get rid of most of my clocks.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
I'd make sure my son knew I loved him and then ring one other person and grill him for answers to questions starting with "Why" until the blow fell.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 10:10 pm
I'd do the thing in life I've always wanted, but never had the gumption.
aidan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 01:12 am
@Chumly,
I would call my mom. She (and especially hearing her voice) always soothes me.
I'd say goodbye to my dad - but then I'd tell him to give the phone back to my mom. Hers was the first voice I ever heard- and I would want it to be the last.

I wouldn't want to see my kids in those nine minutes or for them to see me - I wouldn't even look at pictures -it'd be too sad and make me panic.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 06:09 am
@aidan,
id either randomly kill people or find a really high building and jump off.
djjd62

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 06:26 am
i'd love to get really high again one more time
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 09:25 am
@OGIONIK,
ogionik said:
Quote:
or find a really high building and jump off

I can understand this

but why this?