Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:13 am
painting her in a negative light...albeit with her own brush. there are those who will say she's being piled on.

A: Like we should have piled on Hitler before Poland

B: Like everyone piled on to Hillary.

cold revenge......so tasty..... Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 23 • Views: 4,394 • Replies: 64

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:18 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
What surprises me most is that Fox news is piling on. I would feel sorry for her except that I think it's important for the Republican party to make sure that she does not resurge as a candidate in the future, as an Imelda Marcos of the US would be the final nail in the Republican coffin. It's a good sign that they're tearing her down now, it means that the sensible wing of the party is prevailing. (It also might be a little McCain revenge.)
dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:20 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

What surprises me most is that Fox news is piling on. I would feel sorry for her except that I think it's important for the Republican party to make sure that she does not resurge as a candidate in the future, as an Imelda Marcos of the US would be the final nail in the Republican coffin. It's a good sign that they're tearing her down now, it means that the sensible wing of the party is prevailing. (It also might be a little McCain revenge.)

FOX?

Do you have an url?
kuvasz

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:20 am
i detect character assassination and a concerted effort by high muckymucks in the republican party to cut the woman off at the knees before her and her allies can get up enough steam to wrest control of the party.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:23 am
@dlowan,
The video can be found here:
Palin Didn't Know Africa Was a Continent
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:25 am
More good stuff here. Let's hope Bill Kristol and the rest of the die hard neocons get flushed with her.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:31 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Personally, I thought Palin was a very poor choice as McCain's running mate. I realize that McCain chose her to satisfy the hard line ultra right wingers, but it may have cost him the presidency.

I would not like to see her get too far in politics. As much as I would like a woman in high office, not THIS woman!
tarakesh

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:17 am
I still wonder why McCain chose HER. After all there are other capable and conservative female politicians out there.

I felt kinda bad for her but not when I read that she refused help in preparing for the Couric interview. Talk about a lack of self-awareness!!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
squinney

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:20 am
@cjhsa,
We are ALL lucky Alaska is willing to have her back.
Below viewing threshold (view)
squinney

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:28 am
@cjhsa,
I dunno 'bout that. We still have the Amish, Tennessee hillbillies, Mennonites, Nugent descendants ... I suppose if they want to continue in the 19th century that is their choice. The rest of us are moving forward. Smile

(just a friendly poke. Hang in there. Everything is gonna be okay.)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:57 am
@cjhsa,
I fear neither Palins balls or Nuges vagina
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:09 am
• Fox News reports that Palin didn't know Africa was a continent and did not know the member nations of the North American Free Trade Agreement -- the United States, Mexico and Canada -- when she was picked for vice president.

• The New York Times reports that McCain aides were outraged when Palin staffers scheduled her to speak with French President Nicholas Sarkozy, a conversation that turned out to be a radio station prank.

• Newsweek reports that Palin spent far more than the previously reported $150,000 on clothes for herself and her family.

• Several publications say she irked the McCain campaign by asking to make her own concession speech on election night.

Strains between McCain and Palin aides go public
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
From the Washington Monthly:
Quote:

THE 'BLOODBATH' IS BOUND TO GET UGLY.... About a week ago, Jim Nuzzo, a White House aide to the first President Bush, took issue with Sarah Palin critics in the Republican Party, calling them "cocktail party conservatives" who "give aid and comfort to the enemy." He predicted that, after the election, there would be a "bloodbath." Nuzzo explained, "A lot of people are going to be excommunicated. David Brooks and David Frum and Peggy Noonan are dead people in the Republican Party. The litmus test will be: where did you stand on Palin?"

We talked earlier about McCain aides trashing Palin, leaking word about the governor's apparent ignorance and emotional instability. With that in mind, it appears the "bloodbath" is already getting underway. Here's an item from RedState's Erick Erickson, published last night.

Quote:
RedState is pleased to announce it is engaging in a special project: Operation Leper.

We're tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others. Michelle Malkin has the details.

We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you'll see us go to war against those candidates.

Erickson added, in an all-bold font, "It is our expressed intention to make these few people political lepers." The list now has three names, all of whom have been top McCain aides who also worked in the Bush White House: Nicolle Wallace, Steve Schmidt, and Mark McKinnon. (Erickson's "leper" list misspells Wallace's name.)

When Jim Nuzzo first brought up the looming "bloodbath," Yglesias raised a good point: "I'm actually one who thinks that the occasional ideological purge can strengthen a movement, but this would be a seriously odd basis for conducting such a cleansing exercise. Nuzzo is talking about a blind test of loyalty, not any kind of substantive demarcation of conservatism."

"Operation Leper" seems to fall into the same category.

Redstate
Blickers

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wow.

Pat Benatar ought to go back into the studio and re-record an old hit with a slight change in title: Stop Using Blogs As A Weapon.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:59 am
It's just so wrong. McCain selected her as his choice and everyone wants to blame her? IMO the blame falls in his lap. She was being who she is. If that wasn't who or what he/they wanted, then she shouldn't have been chosen.
You reap what you sow.
sozobe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:03 am
@eoe,
Not only did he choose her but he chose her sloppily. There are all kinds of Palin problems that were there before she was chosen but nobody bothered to find out and take that into consideration.

That said, I do blame both. I think McCain made a bad choice, sloppily, and I think that Palin was a bad choice (that she messed up).
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:07 am
@eoe,
McCain campaign isn't the first and will not be the last to realize that decision making based on tits and a vagina is pretty freakin' stupid....he wanted window dressing.... he got it. be careful what you wish for. And on top of that she's a nasty bitch to boot. soooooo sweeeettttt.....
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:10 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I fear neither Palins balls or Nuges vagina

but his horrible guitar tone makes me wanna run away. yeech!
0 Replies