cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're ignoring nature and nurture; it has nothing to do with your misunderstanding of the issue of equal rights.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I question his sincerity too! He showed his card when he called homosexual acts "immoral."
Homosexuality has usually but not always been considered immoral, which is important to consider. If most of our ancestors when one way we should thing long and hard about going the other. However, I don't believe that I ever stated that this was my personal view.

My view is that society has the right to decide what behaviours or tolorated and to police itself. I also find the behaviour of the gay rights proponents to be offensive thus I am not overly inclined to consider their views or desires. However, I am on the fence on my position re gay marriage and to what degree homosexual behaviour should be tolerated by the wider society,
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
does not matter, some people like to have sex with kids but they are not equal, even though they may be created by nature. Society promotes the behaviour that it wants to see more of, and punishes that which wants to see less of. All of this theory from TKO and the rest is just conversation, nothing more, it has nothing to do with the real world.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
No; society does not have the right to consider what homosexuals do as immoral or illegal, because they do not harm others - except for people like you who think it's a sin. You are not "on the fence." You are a good christian who believes homosexual acts are a sin. As my sister said, she loves homosexuals, but not what they do. You're in the same "boat." That's the reason in the US, christians continue to fight against homosexuals having equal rights. You would never go against your religious' beliefs.
BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 10:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am however not a good Christian and I do not think homosexual acts or relationships are a sin of any kind.

It just a fairly common and for the most part a fairly harmless sexual disorder and little more then that.

That does not make unjust enrichment of homosexual couples at the expense of all the rest of us right or correct.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:54 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
That does not make unjust enrichment of homosexual couples at the expense of all the rest of us right or correct.

What expense? (No. 4)

Also, if it did come at some expense, I've yet to see how it would be wrong.

T
K
O
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:55 am
@Diest TKO,
What expense you got to be kidding me! Let see SS benefits increase for one of the partners in many cases that will reduce the pool of funds for the rest of us.

Tax benefits that will increase the load on the rest of us.

Insurance benefits that will increase the cost of dong business and will be pass along to all of us in greater costs for goods.

And on and on.

Now what is wrong with all the above? Gay couples had not earn those benefits by doing as a class the hard job of raising the next genration that cost 100s of thousands of dollars for every middle class child raised to adulthood.

All of the above I had stated over and over on this thread.

Woiyo9

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
Homosexuals have equal rights currently.

When will "your side" recognize that reality?
cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:17 am
Typical of diest tko and the rest of the gay liberals here at A2K, they love the "ignore" feature. Did anyone notice that back a couple pages? Diest replied in her typically long winded fashion then at the very end, writes "I'm going to put you on ignore....".

What a crock of ****.
Woiyo9

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:41 am
@cjhsa,
They can not accept the fact that the majority of Americans will not agree to change the social character of this Nation to satisfy the feelings of a extremely small portion of Americans.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:13 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

They can not accept the fact that the majority of Americans will not agree to change the social character of this Nation to satisfy the feelings of a extremely small portion of Americans.

It doesn't matter if they agree or not; Equality demands that all be treated equally. Which they currently are not, so keep your idiotic bullshit about their equal rights to yourself, Woiyo.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:17 am
Yes, it's very important to note, that by making it politically incorrect to not let gays and lesbians walk all over you, anything you say is now "idiotic bullshit".

I think we need to cut the tongues out and fingers off of people like oneeye there. Sounds extreme - but it's a fitting punishment for what they are doing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:30 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo wrote:
Quote:
Homosexuals have equal rights currently.

This shows the obvious; you do not understand the concept of "equal rights."

Here, let me try to help you with some definition of words:
Quote:
"equal - 1. even, same, identical, balanced, uniform, alike, commensurate, prallel....
rights - corect, fix, straigthten out, amend, make right, mend, repair, rectify, adjust, remedy...."

Now, where in your concept of "Homosexuals have equal rights currently." apply to the definition?

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:43 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

What expense you got to be kidding me! Let see SS benefits increase for one of the partners in many cases that will reduce the pool of funds for the rest of us.

Tax benefits that will increase the load on the rest of us.

Insurance benefits that will increase the cost of dong business and will be pass along to all of us in greater costs for goods.

And on and on.

Now what is wrong with all the above? Gay couples had not earn those benefits by doing as a class the hard job of raising the next genration that cost 100s of thousands of dollars for every middle class child raised to adulthood.

All of the above I had stated over and over on this thread.

So gay people don't deserve SS benefits? They pay into them already Bill. We're talking about making it transferable to a partner. Beyond that, the makeup of the gay relation ship is usually that both partners work, which would mean that a gay household would have two people paying into the pool. That's a larger contribution.

So gays people don't deserve insurance benefits being transfered over? A single gay person working for a company pays into a group plan that covers you and your wife.

So gay people don't deserve to file jointly on their taxes? How do you figure this? How are you fronting a bigger part of the bill now? Quite oppositely, gays are paying YOUR bill since the money they pay in taxes right now goes to fund things that they are denied.

This is exactly what I thought your answer might be: A poorly thought out rant about the inequity you perceive for yourself with zero context to reality.

Gays don't have prove anything to you. They don't even have to raise a single child (though many would love to in spite of state prohibitions). Marriage does not require you to have a single child, nor does the inability to have children prohibit your from marriage.

Let them marry. You can through your little fits about the expense you pay, but it's just you being dramatic. The truth is it doesn't effect you. You're being dramatic; you want this to be about you. It isn't.

Gays aren't asking for anything they don't deserve, and you aren't asked to give anything that you don't give to any other couple. You could start with privacy and consideration, even if you don't approve.

T
K
O
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:49 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest, Your response to BillRM equally applies to Woiyo who seems incapable of understanding why gays and lesbians do not have "equal rights."
Woiyo9

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
In what way do homosexuals NOT have equal rights?

They are free to do everything I can do.

What is their problem?
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Diest, Your response to BillRM equally applies to Woiyo who seems incapable of understanding why gays and lesbians do not have "equal rights."

Actually they are quite different in their argument. Both think that nothing should change for gays. One thinks that they already have all the rights they deserve, and the other acknowledges that they less less rights and thinks that's the way it should be.

It's very telling.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:00 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

What is their problem?

Really? Can a homosexual openly serve in the military?

T
K
O
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:00 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
So gay people don't deserve to file jointly on their taxes?

If I live with my buddy, own a home together, share expenses, we can not file jointly either.

Why do you want to discriminate against "Felix and Oscar"?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:02 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

What is their problem?

They're free to marry the person they love, and pursue a life of happiness with them? Free to get joint SS benefits? Protected from firing due to bigotry?

Cycloptichorn