• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,891 • Replies: 25
Topic Closed
No top replies

Eorl

Sun 2 Nov, 2008 08:15 pm
Is any government anywhere promising lower energy prices? If so, kick their lying asses out of government.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 2 Nov, 2008 08:21 pm
@gungasnake,
Along those lines, I gotta ask a question.

Since everyone on here, mainly those on the left, blamed Bush for the enormous increase in gas prices, will those same people give him the credit for the gas prices falling so dramatically?

After all, if he caused the price to go up because of his policies, then he also should get the credit for those proces coming down.

Will anyone give him the credit, or will they find reasons to say he isnt responsible?
And how can he be responsible for one but not the other?
gungasnake

Sun 2 Nov, 2008 08:29 pm
@mysteryman,
Here's the answer as I understand it and I went to some pains to try to understand what happened with oil prices this year. The spot market determines our price at the pump and follows the future market very closely because there is very little cost to producers to store the stuff. That means that if somebody offers a producer a contract for 140/barrel five or six months down the road, you (the spot market) will have to offer him at least, say, 135 or 136 right now to get his attention.

Now, also as I understand it, the futures market is a pure zero sum game in which nobody ever makes a dime other than by somebody else losing that same dime, and those guys absolutely have to have a reason to go short or they never will and, prior to this year for a very long time, those guys had never had a reason to go short. George W. Bush provided that first reason when he first started talking about drilling offshore and THAT knocked ten dollars off the price of a barrel of oil in a single day.

It's worked so far, but we HAVE to start drilling or we fall back into the same stupid morass as soon as the economy picks up atad.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 2 Nov, 2008 08:32 pm
Also linked from Drudge this evening, Oinkbama promises to bankrupt the coal industry for the greater glory of Gaea. Kind of like sacrificing children to Baal, like you read about idiots doing in the Old Testament.

http://www.wsaz.com/political/headlines/33726759.html
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:07 am
Here's the question.....

What if anything is supposed to be so different about blacks that they would supposedly BENEFIT from sitting around in the dark at night and freezing because they could no longer afford electricity (that is, after Barky Oinkbama and his envirowhack legions shut down the coal and nuclear industries)?

I mean, the way the world actually works is that poorer people are usually the first to suffer from ideological policies like that. Have blacks all become wealthy or something and the MSM simply missed it??
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:30 am

With skinny in the White house all energy prices will go up - even gasoline will go back up.
parados

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:50 am
@mysteryman,
Let's see, you want Bush to be blamed for the gas prices coming down.

Gas prices came down because the economic growth has gone negative, spending has dropped, the financial system is on the verge of melt down and the consumers are glum.

You really want Bush to take credit for the gas prices coming down? Ok.. I guess we can blame Bush.
gungasnake

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:51 am
@H2O MAN,
Funny the way reality doesn't even matter to these guys. I mean, we've got the coldest year in decades, a total lack of sunspots just like before the little ice age, and every reason to think we're headed into a second little ice age, and the shitbirds GO ON talking about carbon credits, cap and trade, and saving the polar bears from the human race. I mean, maybe when they see polar bears walking around in SC and Georgia.....
parados

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:55 am
@gungasnake,
Coldest year in decades?

What planet do you live on?

Hadcrut3 lists 2008 as warmer than 2000
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/hadcrut3gl.txt
GISS does the same.
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata/GLB.Ts.txt

How long is a decade in your world gunga?

H2O MAN

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:56 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Gas prices came down because the economic growth has gone negative

Well, the price does drop when demand really drops.
Americans were forced to conserve and the price dropped - amazing!
parados

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:56 am
@H2O MAN,
Yep, and MM wants us to blame Bush.
H2O MAN

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:57 am
@gungasnake,

Yeah, I loved the snow storm in Britain during the green house gasses meeting.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:59 am
@parados,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_minimum
gungasnake

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:01 am
@parados,
Quote:
Gas prices came down because the economic growth has gone negative,

W. coming out in favor of offshore drilling and that knocking ten dollars off the price of a barrel of oil on the same day occurred BEFORE the demoKKKrats managed to send the economy into its present tailspin.
parados

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:08 am
@gungasnake,

Quote:
The Maunder Minimum occurred between 1645 and 1715

I guess that explains a lot if you think you are still living in that time period.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 12:42 pm
@parados,
Nope, just the opposite.

Since you and others blamed Bush for gas prices going up, you must give him the credit for prices coming back down also.

After all, he is the President, and as you and others have said, everything that happens is his doing or his responsibility regarding the economy.

So, you gotta give him the credit for the prices coming down also.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 12:45 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

W. coming out in favor of offshore drilling and that knocking ten dollars off the price of a barrel of oil on
the same day occurred BEFORE the demoKKKrats managed to send the economy into its present tailspin.

This is true.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 12:50 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
Gas prices came down because the economic growth has gone negative,

W. coming out in favor of offshore drilling and that knocking ten dollars off the price of a barrel of oil on the same day occurred BEFORE the demoKKKrats managed to send the economy into its present tailspin.

The price had fallen 9 dollars that day BEFORE Bush 'came out and talked about' gas prices. You are an idiot. And an unoriginal one, you could at least try to get better talking points than ones you find on Freerepublic.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 01:02 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

You are wrong Cyclotroll!

Bush had mentioned his plan before he gave the official announcement.
The price drop was in direct response to Bush just mentioning that he was in favor of drilling.

Nice try Cyclotroll, but you FAIL.