Join Us Here Tuesday Night!

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:39 pm
I invite the entire A2K community to get together here to follow the election returns. Not for just the Presidency, but also for elections and ballot initiatives going on where you live or where you have an interest.
There are so many political threads going on right now on A2K. It is tough to follow them all. I'm thinking that this might be one place where we could gather to talk about the end of this grueling election cycle. And what lies beyond, when Wednesday dawns.
Everyone is, of course, welcome, regardless of political affiliation or, in the case of our foreign observers, no ability to participate.

To gauge the interest, I invite each of yall to submit your prediction of how the Electoral College vote will turn out.
If yall like the idea of meeting here, please post a lik on the threads you hang out at.
Thank you. -realjohnboy-

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:21 pm
@realjohnboy,
I will be here, johnboy. Looks like Democrats may do very well in Harriss County (Houston).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 10:36 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thanks for the invite, RJB. Looks as if I will be at McCain's election night headquarters, though.

If you see me on TV, I will be the dude waving the American flag.
lmur

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 11:14 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'll keep an eye out for you, Tico. Give me a wave - I'll be the dude watching the telly.
roger

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 12:18 am
@lmur,
Thanks to both of you for being so specific. I think I'll vote, go to bed, and pull the covers over my head.

Hey, Imur's not only here, he's gotten an avatar!

Sorry for the digression, John.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 12:57 am
@realjohnboy,
Unless I change my mind and go to the big norCal celebration downtown, I'll be here.

I'm not keen on fighting the traffic, crowds, search for parking space and rowdy partiers and loud music so I'll probably be here.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 12:59 am
@realjohnboy,
Thanks for the invitation, rjb!

I think your Tuesday night means our Wednesday (In eastern Oz, where most of us are) ... & many of us will be at work through much of the excitement. But I'll definitely sneak a look during the day to see what's happening.

Good luck, US! May the best side win! You know what I mean by that! Wink
roger

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:04 am
@msolga,
Of course I know, msolga. I'm just not optimistic.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 03:24 am
@roger,
I, on the other hand, am quite optimistic, rog. What I'm worried about is possible after-shocks.

Thanx for the invitation, rjb. I'll probably look in from time to time.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 04:19 am
Thanks for the invite, will mainly be watching TV but will probably come upstairs to post a bit, too.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 05:10 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Thanks for the invite, RJB. Looks as if I will be at McCain's election night headquarters, though.

If you see me on TV, I will be the dude waving the American flag.
(don't forget to extinguish the stogy before entering...)
jespah

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 09:27 am
@Region Philbis,
... or else there could be some accidental flag burning, and then, well, let's just say it won't be a pretty sight at Republican HQ.

Seriously, though, I know we don't support the same people but I still wish us all to have a good time here on Tuesday. Vote for the A2K Party!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 09:37 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya, good luck, I am pulling for McCain / Palin. Obama may have the numbers now, but I think McCain could have "old mo" on his side that could carry him to victory by Tuesday. No guarantees, but alot of hope. The audacity of hope.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:03 am
@okie,
I'll be working doing a rockband show. "Meet the new boss....same as the old boss"...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:56 am
@Ticomaya,
Will it be a flag toga?

I'll be here holding my breath. Georgia is now a tossup, according to pollster.com.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:42 am
So, who's supplying the adult beverages? Or will it be BYO?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 09:06 am
Obama 326, McCain 212.

Obama wins all of the Kerry states, plus Iowa, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Virginia, North Carolina, and Ohio.

Still not convinced that Obama can carry Florida, but it remains a possibility.

Create your own electoral map
sozobe

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 10:43 am
@joefromchicago,
Nice graph of poll closing times:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1029/map590bm5.gif
ebrown p

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 11:11 am
@joefromchicago,
You are quite the pessimist Joe!

(( Let's add Florida... and Georgia, Louisiana, Montana and (yes) Arizona))
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 11:36 am
@ebrown p,
Obama loses.