Why Is A Rev Wright Ad Off Limits?

JTT

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:18 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
... c) he isn't Bush,

Even you wingnuts can't tell the candidate from the present "prez", and I use the jocular term for president lightly.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:35 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
Result. 99% of those voting for Barack Obama are doing so because a) they just get all mooshy and pitter pat when they hear him speak, or b) he is the Democrat, or c) he isn't Bush, or d) he is black. It sure isn't because they know who he is and what he is all about because he has been very good at making sure nobody knows that
The man published his autobiography before enduring an enormous vetting process, in route to brilliantly managing the longest Presidential Election Campaign in history.

Only morons and the disinterested could possibly have trouble figuring out who he is. That some will paint others with their own intellectual shortcomings; willful ignorance and/or acute incompetence, is really rather laughable.

Two years ago it was reasonable to not know who Obama is. Today, such a statement is tantamount to idiocy. It is the kind of useless talking point that will result in a landslide. Watch.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:54 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:

Result. 99% of those voting for Barack Obama are doing so because a) they just get all mooshy and pitter pat when they hear him speak, or b) he is the Democrat, or c) he isn't Bush, or d) he is black. It sure isn't because they know who he is and what he is all about because he has been very good at making sure nobody knows that.

Fox, what the f*ck do you know about reasons people choose to vote for Obama? Nothing. Why do you say things like this?

Cycloptichorn
blatham

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:02 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Fox, like the other dweezubs here, has loaned her brain to the talk radio universe. You can map out the correspondences at a near 1 to 1 ratio. "We don't know who he is" and "hidden past" is repeated every day on Rush, on Prager, on the whole works of them.

Of course, once he's CIC, they'll fully support him because of national loyalty in war time.
parados

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:04 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
But Bill..
When Obama takes every penny from people earning over $150,000 and marches half the people off to gulags it will prove Fox correct.

Of course, if he doesn't do those things, it only means he will in the future.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:11 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Fox, like the other dweezubs here, has loaned her brain to the talk radio universe. You can map out the correspondences at a near 1 to 1 ratio. "We don't know who he is" and "hidden past" is repeated every day on Rush, on Prager, on the whole works of them.

Of course, once he's CIC, they'll fully support him because of national loyalty in war time.

I remember being stunned months ago in the Obama '08 thread to see the difference between what Fox thought of Obama's race speech before she'd had a chance to listen to the right wing talking heads vs. what she thought after. An interesting yet predictable exercise.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

The dumbmasses choose Obama because they think he's cool and cute.
They have no idea what he stand for and they don't care.

Cyclotroll, why the f*ck did you settle for Obama?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:21 pm
@FreeDuck,
Yessiree.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 12:33 am
@FreeDuck,
Quote:
Because it opens the Hagee door and because it didn't work for Clinton and because everyone has already heard it and anyone whose vote it would have affected is already voting for McCain and because Obama has already cut off ties with his pastor.

Throw the Hagee door wide open!

First of all, what are the relative sins of Hagee when compared to Wright?

Hagee made an ignorant comment about Catholics.

Wright ranted "God Damn America"

Wright alleged the US Government released AIDS to destroy blacks.

Wright humped his pulpet while ridiculing Bill Clinton.

Next, what are the relevant connections?

McCain accepted then rejected a Hagee endorsement.

Obama attended Wright's church for 20 years, cited him as his spiritual mentor, and as the perfect example of the value of the black liberation church. Then when Wright caught wind to the fact that Obama was prepared to cut him off at the knees and was even more forcefully Wright, Obama cut him off at the knees.

Bring on Hagee.

It worked very well for Clinton, but not well enough. There is a difference.

Obama took a beating during the Wright contraversy.

Quote:
...because everyone has already heard it and anyone whose vote it would have affected is already voting for McCain

Maybe, maybe not. Isn't it worth trying?

Quote:
...because Obama has already cut off ties with his pastor

Please. Tell me you don't really think this matters in anyway other than pure political machinations.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 12:49 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Three comments:

1) McCain said it is off limits. He sees himself as a man of his word and pulling this out at the 11th hour would increase his negatives as much as Obama's.

2) It really is old news. Clinton hammered on this, the press had a field day and everyone has heard about it.

3) It's not really off limits. I saw a McCain ad hammering on Ayers, but a pictuere of Wright was prominent in the background. Not big, not overt, but clear as day.

With days to go before the election, the last thing McCain needs to worry about is his negatives. Besides, at the 11th Hour, the damage done to the attacked is always greater than that done to the attacker.

I voted for McCain, but hardly consider him a saint. He's already compromised his notions of fair politics. Beside, whatever he thinks, Wright is fair game.

No, it's not old news. It could easily be refired. It's old news to Obama Supporters, but not so with a great number of undecided voters. I recently had dinner with the General Counsel of a corporation. Obviously she is an educated woman, and I can tell you she is bright as well, and yet she didn't know that Michelle Obama made her infamous comment about being proud, for the first time in her adult life, of her country. She went from voting for Obama to voting for McCain.

McCain is not hammering on Wright, as he should be.

Obama has made it clear that he subscribes to The End Justifies The Means.

I would have liked to see two candidates run for the presidency without this imperative, but that was a pipe dream.

I like McCain, but I like conservative principles more. If he has to compromise his personal principles (like every other candidate before him) to get elected, I'm OK with it.

If he isn't, he should never have accepted the nomination.

It isn't about McCain, it's about America.

This is what infuriates me about Bush and his fellow Republicans.

They have, unjustifiably, tarnished the conservative brand.

I voted for them and they let me down.

Guess what though?

The Democrats will do the same, and a lot quicker.

blatham

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 08:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This is what infuriates me about Bush and his fellow Republicans.

They have, unjustifiably, tarnished the conservative brand.

I voted for them and they let me down.

Guess what though?

The Democrats will do the same, and a lot quicker.

Now there's a hell of a compelling argument leading us to trust your judgement and conclusion in that final sentence, finn.
parados

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 08:24 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I like McCain, but I like conservative principles more. If he has to compromise his personal principles (like every other candidate before him) to get elected, I'm OK with it.

Oh.. so you are fine with Obama compromising to get elected?

Your posts certainly don't show that wonderful non partisan attitude about Obama.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 09:15 am
Apparently the Rev. Wright ban has expired. McCain started running his ads in Albuquerque yesterday.

BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 09:43 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/11/1/184141/170/642/649215
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 06:47 pm
@blatham,
Who asked you to trust my judgment?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 06:49 pm
@parados,
Why would I?

I don't want Obama to win.

If he compromises his principles to do so, he is a dog.

You are different?
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 06:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The National Republic Trust, an independent organization not associated with either the McCain campaign or the RNC, are flooding the battleground swing states with the Wright ad this weekend. They have been heavily criticzed for doing so, but their spokesman, a few days ago, advised that this should never have been nixed by McCain or the RNC because it illustrates the kinds of people Obama has surrounded himself with from the get go. And they think that is important.
old europe

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 07:02 pm
Quote:
GOP ad renews Rev. Wright

(CNN) " The Republican Party of Pennsylvania launched a last-minute television ad that calls attention to Barack Obama’s relationship with his controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

The retired pastor’s ties to Obama became an issue during the primary season after controversial clips of Wright’s sermons were circulated and widely discussed on the Internet and on television.

Obama later condemned Wright’s remarks and said he would have left his church if his pastor had not retired and had not acknowledged making comments that “deeply offended people.”

Sen. John McCain has repeatedly said he does not believe Obama’s relationship to Wright should be an issue " to the ire of some Republicans who feel it raises questions about the Illinois senator’s judgment.

McCain’s running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin, appeared to suggest last month that Wright is a fair issue to raise, but said ultimately it is McCain’s decision.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 07:59 pm
@Foxfyre,
I guess I can never run for office because my pastor goes off the farm on occasion. The idea that I would leave the church where my children were baptized because the pastor's hit rate is less than 100% is absurd, but I guess those are the rules. Do I get credit for the previous pastor?
0 Replies