• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,505 • Replies: 38
No top replies

parados

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 09:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Go for it. Attack Christianity. I double dog dare you.
JTT

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 10:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Why Is A Rev Wright Ad Off Limits?

I doubt very much that it is, Finn. McCain's campaign has shown itself capable of scurrilous, lie-filled ads before so there's no reason to think that they couldn't do it again.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:43 am
@parados,
Is that Obama's version of Christianity?
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Because if you question Obama's relationships for the past 20 years, and ask him to explain himself, you will be called a racist.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:25 am
@Woiyo9,

It's becoming crystal clear that Obama is the racist and that he has chosen very carefully a group of racist to surround himself with.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Because it opens the Hagee door and because it didn't work for Clinton and because everyone has already heard it and anyone whose vote it would have affected is already voting for McCain and because Obama has already cut off ties with his pastor.
engineer

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:54 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Three comments:

1) McCain said it is off limits. He sees himself as a man of his word and pulling this out at the 11th hour would increase his negatives as much as Obama's.

2) It really is old news. Clinton hammered on this, the press had a field day and everyone has heard about it.

3) It's not really off limits. I saw a McCain ad hammering on Ayers, but a pictuere of Wright was prominent in the background. Not big, not overt, but clear as day.
blatham

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Why Is A Rev Wright Ad Off Limits?

Off limits to whom?
If you mean, to McCain, then you ought to ask him. But if that's what you're asking us, then the options are:
1) he believes it is irrelevant or unprincipled or divisive
2) he believes it would be a non-productive electoral strategy
3) the Alaska witch-doctor thing or the Wasilla fundamentalist theocracy thing or the Great Whore of Babylon thing

But if you mean in the media and general discourse:
1) google hits for "McCain Hagee" gives you.....689,000 hits
2) google hits for "Obama Wright" gives you..8,950,000 hits

Does this help you out?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:39 am
@blatham,

So you support Obama the racist and his racist buddy Rev Wright?
blatham

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:58 am
@H2O MAN,
Indeed I do.

But foremost, I support you, H2OMelonMan because one day in the future, Trig Palin is going to feel pretty lousy when he compares his cognitive abilities to everyone else. With you, he'll finally have a chance to feel that he has a real equal.
parados

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:03 am
@blatham,
You trying to keep Trig from getting a superiority complex by telling him he is "equal"?
blatham

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:10 am
@parados,
I'm a Canadian, and as such, tend to share that European value which is native to Europe but not to America...'equality'....
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/29/prager-equality-unamerican/
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:19 am
@blatham,

After reading your post here on A2K, it is clear that you are mentally challenged and in need of support.
blatham

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:23 am
@H2O MAN,
Stop, please, H2OMelonMan. Your merciless wit, your broad and deep educational background, and your highly-tuned intellect overwhelms us to a man.
engineer

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 11:34 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Three comments:

1) McCain said it is off limits. He sees himself as a man of his word and pulling this out at the 11th hour would increase his negatives as much as Obama's.

2) It really is old news. Clinton hammered on this, the press had a field day and everyone has heard about it.

3) It's not really off limits. I saw a McCain ad hammering on Ayers, but a pictuere of Wright was prominent in the background. Not big, not overt, but clear as day.

OK, I expanded my reasoning here.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 11:58 am
Seems to me at some time during this campaign, the term 'racist' has been applied to questions about, let alone criticism of, the following as related to Barack Obama:
1. His name
2. His writings
3. His college thesis (which he has yet to produce)
4. His grades
5. His schooling
6. His family
7. His age/inexperience
8. His religion or anybody associated with it.
9. His past associates, affiliations, activities
10. His employment record
11. His voting record
12. The way he describes patriotism, salutes the flag, respects the National Anthem, does or does not wear a flag pin
13. Anything he has ever said about anything
14. Any contradictions that he has ever made about things he previously said.
15. His general philosophy/beliefs/stated intent re governing as related or not related to anything else on the list.
16. His birth certificate and/or circumstances of his birth; i.e. eligibility to be President.

Anybody including any of these things in an ad will be criticized as being at best unfair/dishonest/hateful; at worst racist.

Result. 99% of those voting for Barack Obama are doing so because a) they just get all mooshy and pitter pat when they hear him speak, or b) he is the Democrat, or c) he isn't Bush, or d) he is black. It sure isn't because they know who he is and what he is all about because he has been very good at making sure nobody knows that.

I suspect that is going to be the way it will be for the next four years if he is elected come Tuesday.

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:03 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Stop, please, H2OMelonMan. Your merciless wit, your broad and deep educational background, and your highly-tuned intellect overwhelms us to a man.
Laughing I really had no idea H2SO4 MAN still posted here. (Haven't missed him either.)
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:13 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Result. 99% of those voting for Barack Obama are doing so because a) they just get all mooshy and pitter pat when they hear him speak, or b) he is the Democrat, or c) he isn't Bush, or d) he is black. It sure isn't because they know who he is and what he is all about because he has been very good at making sure nobody knows that.

I suspect that is going to be the way it will be for the next four years if he is elected come Tuesday.

A truly stunning analysis.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:13 pm
@OCCOM BILL,

Is that you Cumon Bill?
How was therapy?
Laughing
0 Replies