"Beat it, Gramps. You're all washed up!

JTT

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:17 pm
Quote:

Palin's 2012 Plans Leaves McCain Campaign "Speechless"

It looks like someone is just putting in the motions this week, biding her time for her next chance in the spotlight. I'm sure the McCain campaign appreciates the hell out of this.

BLITZER: And this just coming into the "Situation Room," the Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin now speaking out openly about her intentions in 2012 if, if she and John McCain were to lose this contest next Tuesday. In an interview with ABC News, Sarah Palin is now saying, she would be interested in remaining a serious national political figure, going ahead to 2012. She was asked what happens in 2012 if you lose on Tuesday, would you simply go back to Alaska? Elizabeth Vargas of ABC News asked her and Palin said this, and I will read it to you verbatim according to an ABC News transcript: "Absolutely not," Sarah Palin says. "I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doin' this for naught," and that is a direct quote from Sarah Palin. Clearly, leaving open the possibility that she would be interested in leading the Republican Party in 2012 if she and John McCain were to lose this presidential contest right now. Let's go to Dana Bash. She has been covering the McCain campaign reaction from the rather blunt statement from Sarah Palin that she would in fact be interested in leading the Republican Party going forward after Tuesday if they lose?

BASH: I just got off of the phone, Wolf, with a senior McCain adviser and I read this person the quote and I think it is fair to say that this person was speechless. There was a long pause and I just heard a "huh" on the other end of the phone. This is certainly not a surprise to anybody who has watched Sarah Palin that she is interested in potentially future national runs, and she is being urged to by a lot of people inside of the Republican Party if they do lose, but it is an "if" and people inside of the McCain campaign do not want any discussion that has an "if" in front of it six days before the election, they don't want any discussion at all, any kind of hypothetical talk about running for the next time around. So certainly, this is not at least initially being received well inside of the McCain campaign.

BLITZER: I am not surprised, not surprised at all. It is one of those "wow, she is talking about 2012 if we lose," that is not supposed to be something that you say. You are supposed to say, "well, I'm not looking ahead, I'm not looking ahead only to Tuesday," and those are the talking points she's supposed to be saying, but she is obviously blunt and she is looking ahead if something were to happen on Tuesday that she wouldn't be happy with.

http://crooksandliars.com/node/23738

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 2,136 • Replies: 29
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:20 pm
@JTT,
There's a pile of old male corpses strewn along the career path of Palin. McCain may be the last.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:20 pm
@JTT,
Dammit, I hope she leads them, too...

you betcha!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:23 pm
She's going the way of Dan Quail. Normal Republicans view her as political poison. Most likely she will end up getting very rich as a lobbyist for the oil industry.
LionTamerX

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:26 pm
@Green Witch,
She could be the greatest thing ever to happen to the Democratic party .

Oh, irony. Wink
Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:29 pm
@LionTamerX,
I think she catapulted Obama into first place. If McCain and his posse had picked someone with real VP potential the Republicans might have had a chance.
LionTamerX

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:34 pm
@Green Witch,
Quite possibly so, but I think this one was decided some time ago.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
JTT

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:35 pm
@Green Witch,
I know that's it's highly unlikely, near to impossible, but what if, IF, Finn were to come on this thread, what would he say?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
I disagree.

There will be a woman on one of the next tickets, but it won't be the Wasilla Gorilla...
Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
it will be a cold day in hell before someone takes a chance on a woman again. Ferraro did not inform the campaign about her husband and she ended up dragging down the ticket...it took 24 years for someone to try a woman again.

Better to wait then to plug in an inferior candidate. Actually, I don't think it will be very long. Hillary made a good showing and other women (in both parties) have proven themselves capable of being in high profile political positions. I believe the next generation of voters will not think as much about gender and race as we do today. I think both Republicans and Democrats are willing to vote for a woman - it just has to be the right woman.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Lord knows there are plenty to choose from in both parties.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:45 pm
@Green Witch,
Agree with that, Green Witch.
LionTamerX

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
I sure miss Ann Richards.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:52 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
I think both Republicans and Democrats are willing to vote for a woman - it just has to be the right woman.

While I agree overall, I have to say, and it pains me to do so, that the Republican side doesn't have a very good grasp of what constitutes the right woman, or right man for that matter.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 09:07 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
Better to wait then to plug in an inferior candidate. Actually, I don't think it will be very long. Hillary made a good showing and other women (in both parties) have proven themselves capable of being in high profile political positions. I believe the next generation of voters will not think as much about gender and race as we do today. I think both Republicans and Democrats are willing to vote for a woman - it just has to be the right woman.

Women will need to be outstanding CEO's and Governors before we get over that hurdle, women need to prove that they can lead and manage. We have had a few good female governors, but very few good CEO's.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 10:13 pm
@Green Witch,
Politicians don't like back-stabbers. I think Palin is cutting her own throat with behavior like that. I predict she will be forgotten in less than a year.
Debra Law

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 10:18 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

There's a pile of old male corpses strewn along the career path of Palin. McCain may be the last.

Given Sarah Palin's documented history, McCain should have known that she was going to stab him in the back. The only thing that motivates Sarah Palin is her own self interest. She suffers from grandiose delusions of self-importance--annoited by God to be our queen of the Rapture. In Palin's world, people are commodities to be used and thrown away. McCain was a fool to expect that she would be loyal to HIM. Palin expects people to be loyal to HER, but she herself will never be loyal to anyone. People who would extend a helping hand to that woman ought to know by now that they're going to pull back bloody stumps.
JTT

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 10:19 pm
@rosborne979,
She's just making a play to become the Ultima-Maverick.

rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 10:31 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
She's just making a play to become the Ultima-Maverick.

I think she's got Maverick confused with Bucking Bronco.