got an american friend or bf?

jeraldz

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 08:19 pm

He is a widow. Her wife just died recently. At first, I was one who offered prayers for his dying wife. I was talking to him everyday asking how the condition of his wife is. I try to encourage him to look forward and think positively. Until one day I also shared to him about my frustration owed from my boyfriend. I told him that I am so broken hearted on that day, and he listened trying to alleviate my feeling. Time came he asked my mobile number and I had no hesitant I gave it to him. He kept calling me almost everyday. We were not talking anything else just his wife, I can feel his misery.

Last May, his wife died. He brought her dead body to our country. I was hoping to be there on burial but I was not able to attend to since their place is a bit away from mine. He was still calling me if he got a chance until he told me that he like to go to our place before he’d come back to America. He really came and we saw each other, he cried and I cried on him too and unexpectedly we became close until he went back to America. The more we talked everyday, the more he called me. I am thinking everything is still normal especially with his situation.

He’ll be coming back in our country this coming December, he told me he is buying some things for me which I really don’t understand. There are lots of questions that linger on my head now like….what will I expect for his return? Do you think he’s coming back for me? I don’t like to ask him about our situation now coz I am afraid he might say we are just friends. I feel in love with him honestly but I consider my feeling as a mess. Infact, he told me one time that he is still aiming to get married coz he is still young and wanting to have a kid. He even teased me if I can be his wife and I said no, this is not the right time yet. Actually he is still 44 and I am still 23, do you think our age matters. He told me also, that if he will get married again he wanted to live in our country because he loves our culture especially our strong family values. What’s his aim really....

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 705 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:23 pm
@jeraldz,
Can you be this innocent of a person's intentions?

Well, of course - we all have been at some time or another.

This will sound harsh, but I'll say he wants another woman, as soon as possible, whom he can lord it over, who will cherish him willingly, ignoring whatever faults show up soon after she says yes, she will love him forever.

I am questioning that the fellow cared deeply about his wife, and see you posting that you are rather hoping to step into her shoes.

I doubt you will listen to me from here - but I hope you will at least delay just going along with whatever he says.
jeraldz

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:40 pm
@ossobuco,
thank you ossobuco
ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:48 pm
@jeraldz,
You're welcome, jeraldz.
I'm usually not quite so forthright in doubt re one of the persons in a relationship, but I think you ought to watch out here.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 07:18 am
@jeraldz,
Don't go in blindly. Right now, this is a romantic notion for you, that this far-off guy would seemingly drop everything for you. But you don't really know that much of how he can be day to day.

And on the flip side, he sees you as someone who was kind while his wife was so ill, so he may have developed an affection or at least fondness and gratitude for that.

But gratitude isn't love. It's a lovely emotion, sweet and certainly welcome. But it is not love.

I suspect you both owe yourselves time to find yourselves, and to see who's out there. I suspect there is someone out there for you who is closer in age to you and doesn't have as much emotional baggage.
jeraldz

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 07:44 pm
@jespah,
hi jespah, is there any way that i could delete my posts here? by the way, thank you so much for the piece of opinion!!!
jespah

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 04:03 am
@jeraldz,
Nope, sorry, not if they've been replied to.

And, you're welcome.
0 Replies