Mcdonalds Food?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:50 am
@dyslexia,
I, on the other hand, who used to live a couple of blocks from a McDonald's, never went in there. I've probably only eaten a meal at McDonald's once in my life. On the other hand, I have gone to Burger King several times for their fish sandwiches - maybe a dozen times in a decade.

As for their food being addictive, it's full of salty grease and sugar - they're not addictive in the sense that drugs can be, but people do get into a strong attraction for salty greasy food and sugar treats.

If I'm going to a fast food place, that'd be Subway - where one can do better at coming out of there having eaten something moderately healthy. That could be possible at Quinoz too, but I've only been there once.

And for great food that's fast, my favorite was a place with take-out sushi.
Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:54 am
@ossobuco,
I can see that, however, the salty greasy thing is one of the things that keep it from being addictive for me. I can only eat a small burger and then I usually don't get fries. Or just one of the burritos thingys. The grease and salt makes me feel ill if I have too much and will not want to go again for quite a while.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:00 am
@ossobuco,
Actually McD's has improved their food offerings considerably, even their fries got reinvented. I eat there at most once a month, but I am a sucker for their $1 double cheesburgers and fries. Oddly, they also make really good unsweetened tea.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:07 am
@Linkat,
Agreed - I used to be attracted to salty grease and sugar but most of that has waned once I stopped eating a lot of it, and that's been years ago now. A remnant of it is that I have to stay away from Kettle Chips with Pepper (which are nicely salty and I'll work my way through if I get a bag).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:08 am
What I do like (in McCafés) is that they've china plates and stainless steel silverware instead of plastic, use really good beans (Rainforest Alliance) and the leather chairs and couches, natural wood accents, and bistro style tables make a rather nice ambiente.

The cakes ARE delicious!
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
We don't got nothin' that fancy-schmancy at the Macs here in the States, Walter. (At least I've never seen real china and/or cutlery at any mcDonald's I've been to.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:28 pm
@Merry Andrew,
But according to their webside, they at least have opened quite some hundreds of MacCafés already - I'd thought, they all have the (more or less) some interior, product line etc?
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:34 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I've never even seen a McCafe anyplace stateside. Doesn't mean they're not here but if you asked me for directions to one, I'd have no idea at all.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
http://i33.tinypic.com/669j15.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2e184g6.jpghttp://i33.tinypic.com/fkblva.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:43 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

I've never even seen a McCafe anyplace stateside. Doesn't mean they're not here but if you asked me for directions to one, I'd have no idea at all.

Quote:
McDonald's will offer the new beverages at about 215 restaurants in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire on Monday and a one-week free sampling starts Sept. 22.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/09/10/stirring_up_the_market/
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You say there are places like this in the USofA, Walter? It's news to me.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:50 pm
@Merry Andrew,
McCafe drinks

looks like the U.S. is getting McCafe coffee stations in existing Mickey D's. No actual McCafes.

Quote:
SAN DIEGO - The next phase of growth brewing for McDonald's Corp is in the hands of franchisees like Ernie Sandoval, who is introducing McCafe espressos and cappuccinos to the restaurants he owns.

Sandoval is among the first in San Diego County to renovate his store and make room for the machine that, with a press of a button, turns out espresso-based drinks. Many of them can be served hot or cold and spiked with flavored syrups.

He owns 15 McDonald's restaurants in the area and plans to install the coffee stations at 9 of them

Quote:
More than 2,500 McDonald's restaurants around the country are selling the new beverages and the chain plans to offer the drinks in the majority of its 14,000 U.S. restaurants by the middle of next year.

Neither the drinks nor the McCafe concept are on the Canadian website.
0 Replies

ButtermyToast1234

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 03:29 pm
mild pain-killer Naproxen is the more common name for the chemical compound (S)-6-methoxy-α-methyl-2-naphthaleneacetic acid, found in eatable products.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 04:16 pm
@ButtermyToast1234,
Naproxen is neither habit forming nor addictive though. It is sold over the counter with no restrictions of any kind.
squinney

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 04:27 pm
We have a McCafe down the road a couple of miles here in Raleigh. Has been there a couple of years. I've been through the drive through but have not ventured inside. Will have to do that next week to see if it is as fancy as the one in Germany.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 04:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
They put naproxen in my hamburger and french fries? Why can't they put something that will actually DO something. A lortab or two in my Diet Coke would really take the edge off. Yep - I am one of those people...cheeseburger, small fry - diet coke ..yummy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 04:29 pm
@Foxfyre,
it's a well known fact that mcdonalds uses sold state dihydrogen monoxide in their soda fountains.
ButtermyToast1234

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 05:46 pm
McDonald's............. friend or foe?
hamburger

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 05:50 pm
@ButtermyToast1234,
FOOD ? this is what i call FOOD !!!

http://vk.womenweb.de/recipeimages/863070/17130/bauernfruehstueck-bayerische-art_20080717103517673.jpg

my typical breakfast - following yoghurt , cereal and fresh fruit
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 06:11 pm
You know what I find amazing? Once every couple of weeks I will stop at McD 's
or Hardees because I forgot to take my intended breakfast out of the 'fridge and take it to the shop. I will pull in and there will be 8 cars in the drive-through lane. I will park, get out of my car, and actually walk in. The seating area for in-store eaters is empty. Always empty.
0 Replies