Mcdonalds Food?

ButtermyToast1234

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 07:55 pm
ohh and did you know that the chicken nuggets are from the neck of chicken, and they spray on a perfume of chemicals to make it smell like chicken when its really not.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 07:59 pm
@ButtermyToast1234,
Hey I grew up on fried chicken necks. It was a real delicacy when I was a kid. I rather doubt there are enough chicken necks to make all those McNuggets though.

One of the most memorable commercials of the last couple of decades or so though was the guy at the fast food chicken place being advised that parts is parts.
0 Replies

bustal56

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:13 pm
@dyslexia,
they put opium in it and slight traces of nicotine
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:16 pm
I never go to McD, not even the dog likes a hamburger from them.
If we go and have a hamburger it's either in-n-out or Jack-in-the-box,
and sometimes Burger King. Never McD.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:28 pm
@ButtermyToast1234,
Clown juice.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:31 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
it's a well known fact that mcdonalds uses sold state dihydrogen monoxide in their soda fountains.

and laced with carbonic acid at that. for shame...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:45 pm
Chicken Nuggets:
Quote:
Chicken, water, salt, modified corn starch, sodium phosphates, chicken broth powder (chicken broth, salt, and natural flavoring (chicken source)), seasoning (vegetable oil, extracts of rosemary, mono, di- and triglycerides, lecithin). Battered and breaded with water, enriched bleached wheat flour (niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, modified corn starch, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dried whey, corn starch. Batter set in vegetable shortening. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). TBHQ and citric acid added to help preserve freshness. Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an anti-foaming agent.

http://www.dietriot.com/fff/mcd/mcd.html

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:06 pm
Once in a blue moon I have a Big Mac attack--at most once or twice a year. And at about the same frequency I get a hankering for an old fashioned Egg McMuffin with a hashbrown and small orange juice. I enjoy both immensely and then don't want another for a long time.

I do indulge in a small soft serve ice cream cone every now and then.

I was reading just recently however that Micky D's is seeing some decline and are not expanding as fast as they once did. It is speculated that people are finally bored with McDonald's traditional fare. Took them long enough. McDonalds has been around for what now, 50 some years?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:26 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
it's a well known fact that mcdonalds uses sold state dihydrogen monoxide in their soda fountains.

I've heard that that stuff kills thousands of people every year.
roger

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:44 pm
@InfraBlue,
And furthermore, solid state or liquid, it has snuck into just about every household in the country.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 04:23 am
I can get some really preemo mountain dihydrogen monoxide.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 05:52 am
@farmerman,
In my 'hood, dude on the corner sells it.
patiodog

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:08 am
@Merry Andrew,
Chances are your kids are using it...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 08:50 am
@InfraBlue,
infra wrote :

Quote:
I've heard that that stuff kills thousands of people every year.

and still the world population is increasing every day .
more people should eat at mcd - for population control !
hbg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:05 am
@Merry Andrew,
We have one in Raleigh.... We know how to live.
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:17 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You mean you don't have to go up to Mt. Pilot to get it?

Golllleeee....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:28 am
It's cool to say you don't eat at McDonald's. Only rednecks and stupid people eat there...
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:36 am
@McGentrix,
mmmm McDonald's Big Breakfast on a Saturday ... has to be at the drive-through or we don't get dog treats or the free newspaper.

$2.49 for 2 eggs, toast, jam, one hash brown thingie, tea, a newspaper that costs $1.50 at the newstand, and a handful of dog treats ... kinda hard to beat it

we do that about 3 or 4 times a year. it's a really nice picnic breakfast to take along to the beach ... and the Saturday paper has the comics
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:40 am
@McGentrix,
Well, there's no shortage of either.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:33 am
@farmerman,
What about Sheetz? You got Sheetz in PA. They serve some decent on-the-rode food.
0 Replies