Palin says she is an in-tell-ex-you-al

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:39 pm
She also gives a preview of what she would call her sixth child:

=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102201645.html [url]Sarah Palin an Intellectual? You betcha![/url]

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:40 pm
@Green Witch,
That link don't hunt.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:41 pm
@littlek,
Let's try again:

Give me a minute.

0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:43 pm
@littlek,
Just take out the = at the beginning.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:43 pm
Quote:
Palin says she considers herself intellectual

From The Washington Post:

NEW YORK -- Does vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin consider herself intellectual? You betcha!

"And you have to be up on not only current events, but you have to understand the foundation of the issues that you're working on," Palin said in an interview with People magazine. "You can't just go on what is presented you."

Although Palin didn't name a single newspaper or magazine when CBS News anchor Katie Couric asked where she got her information, the Alaska governor told People that she has always been a "voracious reader" and named reading _ anything from biographies to historical works _ as her favorite thing along with her children and sports.

Besides author Lawrence Wright's terrorism history, "The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11," Palin said she's reading a lot of briefing papers.

"I appreciate a lot of information. I think that comes from growing up in a family of school teachers," she said.

Palin said if she and husband Todd had had a sixth child, they had already picked a name for a boy joining siblings Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig.

"I always wanted a son named Zamboni," she said.

The magazine will be on newsstands Friday.
littlek

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:44 pm
@Green Witch,
eeyep. Zamboni. She's brilliant.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:47 pm
@Green Witch,
The Post will not let the general public link, you would have to sign on. The above is the article and you can see the source by going to www.washingtonpost.com
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:47 pm
@littlek,
let's all sing the ZAMBONI song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyDYNTw8h3k

all together now !!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 04:04 pm
Do she raise ducks in the cement pond? I think not. That makes her an intellectual in my book.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 04:22 pm
@Green Witch,
Were she actually stupid or ignorant, as you imply, you could give a few supporting examples, instead of simply mocking her. I'm not suprised at all that you only mock, since that seems to be the standard MO for liberals. If you can't win on real facts, then just ridicule. The comments in this thread thus far do exactly nothing to demonstrate the truth of your apparent assertion of stupidity on her part.

As for the question of which papers she reads during the Couric interview, she said, "all of them," which any intelligent person would take to mean "many." I'm sure she could have said, "The New York Times," had she been willing to play Couric's game.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 04:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon, I have watched almost all her TV interviews and I watched the debate. At no time did I think - "Wow, that's an intelligent woman." I felt she mostly came across as ignorant, clueless or as a wise ass. I think she has been rehearsed to the point of mental exhaustion, but she has no knowledge herself. She gives me the same impression I had of Bush - a big empty head with smart handlers. A puppet, a front person for a bigger agenda. I don't feel the need to get any more specific, it would be pointless for you anyway - like the Bush lied tete-a- tete. If you can't see it, you are welcome to vote for her.

Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 05:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
As for the question of which papers she reads during the Couric interview, she said, "all of them," which any intelligent person would take to mean "many." I'm sure she could have said, "The New York Times," had she been willing to play Couric's game.

By saying "all of them" she sounded like a kid who did not do her homework and was trying to be vague without looking stupid. The answer would have been easy if she actually read one. If someone asked you what papers you read I think you would have a ready answer, as would I.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 05:07 pm
I think Palin is an elitist.
littlek

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 05:08 pm
@Green Witch,
Normally one would have answered on the second or third time they were asked, if not the first.
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:02 pm
Well, I think Ms. Palin is an intellekshul and so is Barndon9000.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:48 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Brandon, I have watched almost all her TV interviews and I watched the debate. At no time did I think - "Wow, that's an intelligent woman." I felt she mostly came across as ignorant, clueless or as a wise ass. I think she has been rehearsed to the point of mental exhaustion, but she has no knowledge herself. She gives me the same impression I had of Bush - a big empty head with smart handlers. A puppet, a front person for a bigger agenda. I don't feel the need to get any more specific, it would be pointless for you anyway - like the Bush lied tete-a- tete. If you can't see it, you are welcome to vote for her.

On gets the impression that you cannot give an example and disguise it with adjectives, and comments like, "If you can't see it, I can't help you," etc.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:51 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Quote:

By saying "all of them" she sounded like a kid who did not do her homework and was trying to be vague without looking stupid. The answer would have been easy if she actually read one. If someone asked you what papers you read I think you would have a ready answer, as would I.

If you like to think so. Or, maybe she originally said, "all of them" to indicate many, but then perceived that it was the usual hostile, insulting interview that the news media give conservatives and just wouldn't play the game. This is actually likely, as she certainly could have said, "The New Your Times," had she chosen to. It takes guts to refuse to be tried by a biased court.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:52 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Normally one would have answered on the second or third time they were asked, if not the first.

Unless she resented the fact that it was a hostile interview and simply refused to gratify Couric.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:53 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Well, I think Ms. Palin is an intellekshul and so is Barndon9000.

How typical of a liberal to mock and insult because he can't give an argument. Is this really all you guys have got? And, incidentally, I'm Brandon, not Barndon.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:54 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
On gets the impression that you cannot give an example and disguise it with adjectives, and comments like, "If you can't see it, I can't help you," etc.

tete-a-tete...
0 Replies