Living with inconsiderate loud neighbors

chai2

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 03:24 pm
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
Our neighbors ( that are still here) play horrid polka sounding spanish music

Tejano music.

Isn't that the worst **** ever?

The first time I heard it I looked around to see if my Babci had risen from the dead.

I was ready for them to start playing "who stole the keiska"

Chuy stole the keiska
Chuy stole the keishka
Chuy stole the keishka
Someone call a cop!

Linkat, play either one of the links below over and over again at a loud volume.

That will make their heads explode, and then it will be quiet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkw_0Pzv2vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4suRjdTyO40
Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 03:25 pm
@chai2,
The other day, the kids had rented Alvin and the Chipmunks - we raised the volume really high on one of the singing parts when the dog started barking ...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:16 pm
@Linkat,
Do you have a reason to be in their condo so that you would have opportunity to hide it in an inconspicuous place? Once there, when they complain about it, you offer to find and correct the problem for them in return for three months of their being quiet as church mice.

Hey it's as good a solution as anything else here.

(We lived in an apartment complex for awhile with a neighbor directly over us who walked across the wooden floor in stilettos--a lot--and who lifted (and frequently noisily dropped) what sounded like weights. Also a loud stereo. We knew we weren't there for an extended period though so we toughed it out. The neighbor was eventually evicted for non payment of rent. As a parting shot, she super glued all the doors (including cabinets), all drawers, and all windows shut.

It made me really glad that we decided not to tick her off while she was still there.)

(For ballast when the dog is barking, get that album of the dogs barking Christmas carols.)
ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:32 pm
We had immediate neighbors, and I do mean immediate in that their house was eight feet from ours, window to window, who were taking care of the wife's grandnephew. The nephew, about fifteen (well, I forget, and it went on for ages) used to play electric guitar full blast with no background understanding of music in any form but cacophony, and no sensibility re timing at night or day. Our bedroom was across from his window. The sound of it starting up was enough to make me homicidal, or at least begin to understand homicidal rage. We called the police a fair number of times - I lost count of how many. My husband talked with him. We both talked with his "guardians".... no improvement.

We started looking for another house; almost bought a house two doors down from where, last I heard, Frank Gehry will be building his own new house, if he still is planning on that. (That house we were considering was a block away, as the crow flies.) Also almost bought in Santa Barbara - though that would have involved job changing. It would have cost us a bit more than our own house was worth, but not tooooo much more. While we were still deciding, the kid moved out and stayed moved out. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

So, I sympathize and have no bright ideas except to speak with the condo association, etc., as I think you've done, Linkat.

Behaviors like these aren't good for real estate value either == and for all I know now have to be disclosed. Maybe not your situation, but maybe our old situation.

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 12:56 pm
@Foxfyre,
You have some creative ideas.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks - yep - hubby contacted the management company again - the rep (whom we know fairly well as we have lived there so long), said to send him an email with the details - he responded back that the management company will send them a letter.

We aren't the first to complain about them. These "inconsiderate" neighbors told us that they received a letter from the management company about letting their dog run around - which they do - personally this doesn't bother me too much as he is a really sweet dog. But he was running through some areas where people have flowers and stuff so that might have been the issue.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:19 pm
@Linkat,
Limburger cheese in their airducts....
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 02:24 pm
@DrewDad,
that would work
0 Replies