Biden Thinks Electing Obama Will Directly Lead to an International Crisis Within 6 Months.

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 06:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know that capitalism hates unknown risk, and the unknown in general. Extrapolate.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 06:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
There are some unknowns in any economic anomaly, but the smart money says buy into equities. I agree with Warren Buffett.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 07:33 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:
Biden has just guaranteed that the inexperience of Obama will invite an international crisis...and if McCain were elected, that would not happen. [..] here you have the VP candidate conceding that electing Obama is dangerous.

How do you reason that that's what he said? Seems a pretty far-fetched interpretation of the man's actual words to me... I dont see it.

Not that I think Biden's remarks were smart ... but interpreting them in this way seems more wishful thinking than anything else.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 08:05 pm
The extension that, should grampa be elected, no "crisis" would occur is merely part of the false opinion derived from cherry picking and quote mining.
Xenoche

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 08:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why wouldn't the international community test the mettle of the next American president after the absolute balls up that was your last pathetic attempt at a presidential candidate? Surely its not that hard to nominate a president that isn't stupid, senile, illiterate or a profiteer who just likes screwing the nuts of the low and middle class firmly into the bedrock of poverty because, well, ya can never have to much money can ya. Can ya?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 12:27 am
Quote:
Biden Thinks Electing Obama Will Directly Lead to an International Crisis Within 6 Months.

it took bush 8.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:54 am
Madeline Albright appears to agree with Biden...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD_EAe1N9-M

Albright is a poster child for the idea of resurrecting the auto-de-fe: you never know; she might be the first victim of some sort of an Oinkbama-induced nuclear strike which might actually amount to being burned to death...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:09 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
Actually, what Biden did is good strategy; it warns all countries that we already expect something. It sends out the warning that we are prepared to react to anything they do.

Good strategy, IMHO.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 01:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Actually, what Biden did is good strategy; it warns all countries that we already expect something. It sends out the warning that we are prepared to react to anything they do.

Good strategy, IMHO.

the idea did provide an excellent op to declare that obama has "steel in his spine".

of course the usual suspects only see it as a gaffe, or an example that obama is "not ready to lead".

the not ready to lead thing really amuses me. while obama's campaign has been organized and snappy, mccain's has been nothing less than a three ring circus. talk about fubar...

looks to me like mccain is the one with a leadership problem.
kuvasz

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 02:11 pm
Biden was relying on the motto "past is prologue"

Khrushchev tested Kennedy in the latter's first year in office. And Mccain is a stupid old man compared to one with Obama's intelligence.

Try another angle finn you are better than this crap.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 02:11 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Obama's campaign speaks where it really counts: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. $150,000,0000 in one month; the first time in political history.

Yeah, Obama is not ready to lead, except most Americans think otherwise - they speak where the mouth is with $$$$$$. Who's kidding who? McCain/Palin still don't get it, and they never will.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So you equate money with the ability to lead?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:38 pm
@mysteryman,
Why are you so dense. What the money says is simply that more people (Americans) believe Obama will do a better job as president. They're putting their money where their mouth is; simple fact.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:41 pm
@mysteryman,
Apparently the Bush Administration does. We're flooding the banks and Wall Street with billions of big bucks and sucking up all those financial giants into the US government so we can continue to be the leader and engine of the world's economy.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
And we shouldnt be.
Every one of those big banks and other companies should be allowed to fail.
If the people running those companies get burned by bad decisions, its not up to the taxpayer to bail them out.

I opposed the bailout, and still do.
Will the govt buy my mortgage for me, so I can pay less?
Will they bail me out and pay my bills for me?

NO, they wont.
And they shouldnt have done anything to help those big banks or other companies.
They should either sink or swim entirely on their own.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 08:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The extension that, should grampa be elected, no "crisis" would occur is merely part of the false opinion derived from cherry picking and quote mining.

As predicted.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:20 pm
@nimh,
Interpreting the remarks any other way is truly wishful thinking.

It could not be more clear that Biden believes that Obama's youth and inexperience will attract an international crisis.

He didn't, as all the spin meisters would now have us believe, suggest that America's enemies will test any new president. He very specifically tied the test to Obama.

What's more, he pronounced that Obama's response to any such crisis will be considered improper and hurt him in the polls.

This is the most bizarre element of his comments.

How does Biden know this?

Have he and Obama created scenarios to the 4 or 5 possibilities Biden can project?

So when terrorists attack the US to test Obama, what response might hurt him in the polls?

* Bombing Italy?
* Unconditional surrender?
* Raising taxes?

It is true that simply because Biden made this claim that it will come true, but considering that Biden was chosen for VP because of his foreign policy "expertise," it's pretty tough for the Obama campaign to suggest that Biden doesn't know what he's talking about.

And if he was actually just engaged in classic Biden puffery intended to make himself look like the foreign policy master he is not, what happens to the Obama campaign's assertion that their VP is miles beyond Sarah Palin as a potential president?

Colin Powell, among others, oppose McCain's candidacy because Palin is not qualified for the presidency, but this idiotic comment should reassure us that Biden is?

I certainly don't expect Obama's supporters to acknowledge how damaging these comments should be to the Obama campaign.

I do expect them to spin and dissemble in the hope that we just get past this gaffe and vote early for their guy.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:23 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Quote:
it took bush 8.

Glib and intentionally deflective.

What was the international crisis that resulted, after 8 months, from the election of George Bush?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Actually, what Biden did is good strategy

Good grief, there really is no limit to the extent you will distort the truth in an attempt to spin positive for Obama.

Laughing
gungasnake

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It could not be more clear that Biden believes that Obama's youth and inexperience will attract an international crisis.

You provoke attacks by looking weak and incompetent. Nobody and no nation ever got attacked the first time for looking too powerful and resolute.
0 Replies