Turkey, Islam and Gov't

perception

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 05:52 pm
Setanta

You said "You're descending into the absurd there boss" . Your reluctance to recognize the threat is very puzzling. Was the tragedy on 9/II merely an "absurd" figment of everyone's imagination?

http://www.hvk.org/articles/0802/173.html

If you find this link to be false-----please let me know.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:29 pm
I did not say that this was a part of anyone's imagination . . . it is your allegation that my life is at stake if children in muslim homes in this country are taught to hate non-muslims. Don't put words in my mouth, and don't start your sneering again, as you did in that other thread. Do me the courtesy of not wrapping yourself in the flag with that "9/11" crap, either--i did not refer to that event as absurd, or the product of anyone's imagination. Are you studying to be an internet troll, when you grow up? The threat to which you allude is by no means assured--you have very low standards of evidence if you take for literal truth what is at the site for which you have posted the URL. Note: the name of the author is not given.

Nowhere in this piece does the author provide a citation for the Post article on which it is based. Furthermore, there are contensious statements within the piece which suggest, or state outright that the purpose of such schools and teaching is the destruction of the west--but no source material is provided to link such statments to a concrete, demonstrable effort on the part of those who run these schools to foster such a desire on the part of their students.

Quote:
The school, called the Islamic Saudi Academy, is one of an estimated 200-600 in the U.S. that indoctrinate 30,000 students in the teachings of Koran.

Oh, whose estimate? Once again, no source for this information is provided.

Quote:
In the last 50 years, fundamentalist Islam - the idea that the Koran must be literally interpreted and strictly followed as it was in the time of Muhammad - has again begun to dominate the Muslim world.

Another contentious, and unsupported, and unsupportable statement on the part of the never to be identified author.

Quote:
"They teach students that whatever is kuffar (non-Muslim), it is okay for you" to hurt or steal from that person.

Please note the author's use of quotation marks in this particular sentence. That portion within the quotes is what the author alleges one of these unidentified students to have said. That which follows the quote, " . . . to hurt or steal from that person." has been added by the author--there is no assurance from this text that the end of that sentence is precisely, or even remotely what the child quoted had to say. This is what i mean by a low standard of evidence.

Quote:
Several students of different ages, all of whom asked not to be identified, said that in Islamic studies, they are taught that it is better to shun and even to dislike Christians, Jews and Shiite Muslims.

Can you tell me how this materially differs from the attitude of radical fundamentalist christians in this country? I've brought that point up several times here, and you've never responded. Just as in the other thread, in true trollish fashion, you attack where you believe you can find or make a weak spot, using ridicule and sarcasm, but you will not answer your antagonist point by point. If you wonder that i refer to you as an antagonist, you need to go back and read your posts in this thread and many others, where the sneer is your most consistent tone. That remark about "9/11" was a sneer, and a blatant insult, and characteristic of what passes for a forensic style on your part.

That page reveals it's true nature at the bottom: "We can learn what Koran truly teaches by reading it for ourselves, not relying on opinions expressed on TV. We can approach Muslims with love by developing friendships with them and sharing the Gospel and the Bible with them, as God allows.

"To do this, we must read our own Bible, and understand how God's rules create the equality on which democracy depends, and the freedom, prosperity, happiness, and peace that set the West apart from the Muslim world."

This joker is exactly the type of the fundamentalist christians of whom i have written in previous posts. I consider this type of person to be the same type of dangerous animal he/she is trying to depict in the article. That article is a tendentious piece of crap, and i'm sick of trying to politely deal with someone who does not reciprocate. You may insult me and sneer at me as you will, i will not have any further communication with the likes of you.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:46 pm
Setanta
I suggest you go back and read your antagonistic and confrontational style with not just me but everyone you reply to.
If anyone dares to questions anything you say you fly into a rage and start hurling insults. Can I suggest a course in anger management.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:50 pm
I'd like to hear more about the topic BTW. What you guys think of each other is probably only interesting to you and can be done by PM. Just an opinion.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:57 pm
Craven
Thank you pointing that out because Blatham and I have just been having a similar discussion and I believe we have found some common ground. I welcome that sort of private discussion because you are absolutely correct in that obvious confrontational situations should not be carried out in public.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:24 pm
Turkey a NATO partner but Never will be acepted a member of EC is a decent country like Israel if not like India.
But most of the Germans have their second holiday house in Turkey.
Ask Russians
The views i had mentioned about the countries i had visited and based on practical experience and not thro the bla bla bla journalist
0 Replies