Is It To Late To Stop Christianty

Evano17

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 07:37 am
@rabel22,
Well i have seen atoms through a microscope i cant show you because i dont know who you are or where you are, but i dont really care. And I know that seeing atoms and planets and galaxies with my own eyes proves to ME that science and evolution is true. I cannot see any good in Christianity it is pretty much wasting time.
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer".
I can only believe in something that I see, simple as that I dont apply hope or faith, I only think about things logically.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:03 am
@Evano17,
none of it will matter after you die.
Evano17

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:10 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Well I can try and make a difference in the world while Im still alive and try to get people to think about what there doing logically and not to be blind to there actions people need to start to think about stuff for themselves.
rabel22

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:13 am
@Evano17,
As in think as I do or your an idiot. Seeing an image that your told is an atom is not the same as seeing an atom. Once again your exerciseing faith in a scientist without physical proof. Be consistant. If one has to prove there is a god physical proof of the atom shouldent be hard to do.
Evano17

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:58 am
@rabel22,
I said that i have seen an atom through a microscope and i understand how a microscope works, learn how to read bud
rabel22

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:10 am
@Evano17,
You cant see an atom through a microscope. Its too small and a microscope cant enlarge it enough to see it. You are useing your faith in science to believe in the existance of the atom. As I said before be consistant. If a person cant use faith to believe in religion than you cant use it to believe in science. And dont give me any more garbage about seeing an atom bud.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:52 am
@rabel22,
We have a device that sees the atom and reports it for us, unlike faith, which has not one iota of evidence. If you refuse to accept physical evidence, your arguments become meaning less, irrelevant.
rabel22

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 10:53 am
@edgarblythe,
The device sees the atom. Not the person. You see an image on a screen. I demand direct proof like touching, feeling, seeing, which is impossible because we cant see something so small. Therefore we use our faith in believeing in science. Scientists use math to prove the exsistance of most scientific things which only 20 or so people in the world understand, so they say, so those of us who dont understand use our faith in science to believe in the atom. Faith in science, faith in religion, if it makes one feel better than why run down someones intellect because of their beliefs. All I am saying is be consistant.
mesquite

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:21 am
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

You cant see an atom through a microscope. Its too small and a microscope cant enlarge it enough to see it. You are useing your faith in science to believe in the existance of the atom. As I said before be consistant. If a person cant use faith to believe in religion than you cant use it to believe in science. And dont give me any more garbage about seeing an atom bud.

Garbage? Come on out from under that rock.

Quote:
Writing with atoms
In 1981, Gerd Binning and Heinrich Rohrer of the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory invented the scanning tunneling microscope. This device, easily one of the most elegant and unanticipated inventions of the century, allowed imaging of individual atoms, and won Binning and Rohrer the Nobel Prize in Physics for 1986.

In 1985, Binning and Christoph Gerber of IBM Zurich, along with Calvin Quate of Stanford, invented the atomic force microscope. This allowed imaging nonconductive matter such as living cells to molecular (although not currently atomic) resolution.

Since then, every year has seen new inventions in the rapidly growing field of scanning probe microscopes. They're now imaging bits on magnetic surfaces, measuring temperature at microscopic sites, and monitoring the progress of chemical reactions.

Recently, IBM San Jose used a scanning tunneling microscope to, in Feynman's words, put the atom right where the chemist says. http://www.foresight.org/Updates/Briefing3.html

Xenon atoms arranged to form the letters I-B-M
http://www.interaction.rca.ac.uk/people/alumni/06-08/steven-ounanian/projects/project3/images/images/00/media/nano_ibm.jpg
0 Replies

Evano17

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 03:36 pm
@rabel22,
If you dont think that atoms are real then you are pretty blind there bud and dont get mad because you took it to far when you said "As in think as I do or your an idiot." there is so much proof that science is correct what do you think that some organization or something put that picture on a computer to trick us to think that is an atom come on man think logically you can still believe in your god but what the heck do think that think things are made up of. Its hard to deal with people who wont take the answers that are clearly right because there "faith" says not to if You can prove to me that i am wrong and actually prove then im sorry but seriously think for your self jeez. . . your just being stubborn Rabel
rabel22

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:58 pm
@Evano17,
I am not trying to prove that there are no atoms. What grips me is the fact that you make fun of people who use faith to believe in religion when you do the same thing with science. Read my posts. No where did i say that atoms or electrons dident exist. What I was trying to point out is that you cant feel an atom, cant see an atom with your eyes. You use faith that what scientists and electronic equipment show and tell you is true. It is your I am smarter than you attitude and the put down of people who do believe in religion that I am trying to address.
Evano17

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:50 am
@rabel22,
ok
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 08:07 pm
Is it just me that thinks Okie need mental help?
Green Witch

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 08:15 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Is it just me that thinks Okie need mental help?

Nope.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:29 am
@Evano17,
Evano17,
Christianity and anything doing with Christianity will go away after the rapture when God does and will take away the Holy Spirit from the earth, then you can have the world as it is at that time. At that time, Gods spirit will not always strive with man.......Gen 6:3
Francis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:32 am
@Philis,
I'd laugh if christians were not so obtuse trying to shove their fairy book down my throat...
rabel22

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:05 pm
@Francis,
Im not trying to shove anything down your throat. I am only fighting for my right to believe in what I want to without someone like you telling me how much smarter they are than an idiot like me.
Francis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:15 pm
@rabel22,
You are assuming too much, Rabel. I never addressed you specifically like I did with Philis.
Nor did I see you being obnoxious with quoting the fairy book all around the place.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:26 pm
@rabel22,
How can someone take away your right to believe in something? Are telepaths monitoring your thoughts, or something?
rabel22

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 03:27 pm
@DrewDad,
Strawman!