Farrakhan on Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking'

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:03 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
How about you dial down the fear-mongering a bit, mkay?

Is this going to be your mantra from now on?

Before this it was comment negatively on Obama and you are a racist.

Now it's comment negatively on Obama and you are inciting his assassin.

The fact that Farrakhan is declaring Obama as the herald of the Messiah is pretty funny, but I don't see how it reflects on him or his candidacy.

Well, his campaign has encouraged his followers to see him in a quasi-religious light (and many have complied), but drawing a connection between Farrakhan is is exceedingly forced and unnecessary.

Why waste time trying to connect Farrakhan and Obama when it is much easier to connect Obama to Wright, Rezko and Ayers?

In any case, these connections are not going to drive someone insane, or someone sane to violence, and your admonitions are transparently contrived.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:04 am
@dyslexia,
Now that's relevant!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:08 am
@rabel22,
Quote:
I should put you on ignore

Then do it for the love of God!

I can't speak for Woyio, but somehow I doubt he is lying awake each night worrying about who "puts him on ignore;" much less whether or not rabel22 does.

Don't worry, no one thinks that the comments of people with which you disagree will ever change your thinking.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:23 am
I hope everyone who takes Farrakhan seriously takes this seriously as well. I'd much rather they follow Obama's lead. Would you Woiyo? Finn? (Of course, I don't actually know anyone who takes Farrakhan seriously.)
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:26 am
Looks like a sizable crowd listening in though:
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:33 am
Woiyo must have REALLY hit a nerve on this one. I haven't seen this many liberal members pile on one member so fast since my last comment about gay marriage. Smile
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:40 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Looks like a sizable crowd listening in though:

How about you Foxy? Wouldn't you prefer that crowd take Obama more seriously than Farrakhan?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:59 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
Would you Woiyo? Finn?

I answered this previously -- pay attention.

Quote:
but I don't see how it reflects on him or his candidacy.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:06 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
How about you Foxy? Wouldn't you prefer that crowd take Obama more seriously than Farrakhan?

This question involves a false posit.

While I don't think this sermon/speech reflects poorly on Obama, your question is meaningless.

If someone does find that this sermon/speech reflects poorly on Obama, whether or not they would want "the crowd" to take Obama more seriously than Farrakhan is utterly immaterial.

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Agreed that Obama has absolutely no control over who thinks what about him, and therefore is not responsible for anything Louis Farrakhan does or does not say.

The only way that this even remotely affects Obama's campaign is that it is one more in a rather lengthy and growing list of controversial figures who have gone public in their endorsement of Barack Obama. And it throws more gasoline on the persistent notion that Obama followers drank the kool-ade and respond more out of religious fervor than from any rational considerations.

Of course that is an unfair characterization of some, possibly many here on A2K. But frankly, on the American Conservatism thread we have asked for sombody, anybody to provide a rationale for what makes an Obama presidency desirable--a rationale that doesn't seem to be based on mostly loathing for President Bush and/or the GOP and/or that isn't based mostly on sheer emotional fervor and some kind of vague religious-like faith. So far, nobody has been able or inclined to do that.
Miller

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:32 am
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
"A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall..."

He better hurry before stock trading resumes on Monday...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:35 am
@Foxfyre,
It is yet one more example of the quasi-religious regard in which some/many Obama supporters hold him.

That it's Farrakhan though is no more telling than that the same worship has been expressed by the feeble-minded in this forum and elsewhere.

Attempts, based on this clip, to link Obama and Farrakhan are very forced and do not hold up.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well I'll think on that some more, but it didn't strike me as an attempt to link the two. (That was done when Obama joined Farrakhan on the million man march--by some accounts helped organize it--and when his church of 20+ years recognized Farrakhan as a hero.) I saw this clip as reinforcing the illusion of Obama being exalted as the messianic savior of the world. You know, the one who grandiosely proclaimed that "We are the ones we have been waiting for" and all that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:46 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:
Re: Foxfyre(Post 3433467)
Quote:
"A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall..."

He better hurry before stock trading resumes on Monday...

Hey Miller. Good line but you've attributed a quote to me that I did not say. I did not say this:
Quote:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 09:08 am
You misunderstood the question, Finn. IMO; it's better for a half-baked nut case to believe Obama is the Messiah, if Farrakhan's word is all that's necessary to instill the belief, than to simply follow Farrakhan. I thought, perhaps in that light, you'd agree.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:37 pm
farrakhan is ever the opportunist. like a lot of his counter parts in other religions, he's happy to use anything he can to get his mug in the papers.

snake oil, anyone? guaranteed to cure what ails ya.

falwell, dobson, hagee... birds of a whackadoo feather.

nobody's paying any attention to any of them, other than those who already do so.

who cares?
0 Replies

Lambchop

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:09 pm
@Woiyo9,
I don't care what Farrakhan says, and since Obama already told him to stuff it, I don't see why anyone else cares what Farrakhan says.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 02:01 am
@Lambchop,
Lambchop wrote:

I don't care what Farrakhan says, and since Obama already told him to stuff it, I don't see why anyone else cares what Farrakhan says.

it must be easier than talking about the stuff that needs to be fixed.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:11 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
I might, if I had any hope of understanding the question in it's original formulation or in your failed attempts to explain it.

I object to the worship of Obama. Why would I care who the worshippers may be?

Knowing you Bill, I trust you have a rational point to make here to, but language seems to be getting in your way.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:50 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Woiyo must have REALLY hit a nerve on this one. I haven't seen this many liberal members pile on one member so fast since my last comment about gay marriage.

Admittedly, there is a tendency on the part of liberal folk to speak up when ignorance is expressed. Why you often seem to be the target is a surprise to me though, Foxy.