Saga of BBB's son's knee surgery in a snake pit hospital

cjhsa

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:13 am
@Rockhead,
Someone has to do it.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:17 am
@cjhsa,
I told you to keep your **** away from my posts and to stop harassing me!

BBB
cjhsa

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:24 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Oh poor baby. Why not just stop posting? Which is what I've been told to do by all your liberal bretheren that have eaten A2K.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:48 am
The saga continues without improvement.

Yesterday, my son went to the Hemotologist who treated him for the blood clots in his leg. He was in his office from 9 am to 2 pm. My son was supposed to have the filter removed that protected him from clot migration to his heart and brain. The doctor discovered that the filter was covered with "plump" blood clots and it was too dangerous to remove it. The doctor was very upset because the "snake pit" hospital tech said my son's bloodclots were gone and he could be released from the hospital. We don't know if he lied or was incompetent. The doctor said my son had a very close call and that he could have died in three to five minutes.

Today, My son is seeing the orthopedic surgeon who operated on him to removed the surgery staples. He left a "bleeder" in my son's knee and had to operate a second time two days later to correct the bleeder. We now wonder if there is another bleeder in his knee because he's still producing blood clots. The filter cannot be removed until everything is corrected. My son will demand additional knee x-rays as well as more doppler tests at least once a week.

BBB
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:05 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB- This is the first time that I have seen this thread. I am so sorry that your son, (and you) had to go through all that aggravation. I hope things are beginning to look up!
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:19 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Thanks, Phoenix, my son is still in danger because of the continuing presence of blook clots. He will ask the surgeon today to see if his hamstring muscle is torn. He said it feels like it is.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 10:35 am
My son called me yesterday after being examined by his hematologist and having doppler picture of his right leg. No sign of blood clots!!!

On Monday 12/8 he will have surgery at the hospital at 7 a.m. to cut an opening in his throat so the blood clot filter can be removed. If everything goes OK he can be home that night. Doctor will keep my son on blood thinners for another four months just to be safe.

Such good news!

BBB
Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 10:55 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Good to hear, BBB. The idea that Americans have the best healthcare in the world has become a joke. It's only available to the wealthiest Americans or those who work for large rich corporations with generous benefits. Your story is typical of what I hear at my health action meetings, people have insurance, but get little quality care. Patients have to fight for everything they get and god help those that don't have the strength to fight or the families to fight for them.

(I hope you put cjhsa on ignore as I have, life is much nicer without his clueless stupidity popping up in my face.)
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 09:57 am
@Green Witch,
I can tolerate innocent ignorance but viciousness says a lot about the poster with whom I don't care to be in the same world.

I'm so relieved that it appears that my son's blood clots have desolved and he is out of danger. His knee movement is spectular due to his hard work to achieve it. The physical therapy staff are amazed at his fast progress. My son still faces another knee replacement surgery for his left knee as soon as he's able. Then he will be reevaluated to determine if he needs a left hip replacement.

BBB

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 10:45 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Ooops! meant to type spectacular.

BBB Embarrassed
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:36 pm
My son called me about 11 AM to report no problems with his neck surgery to remove the blood clot filter. He hopes he can finally heal from the surgeon's mistake. He will remain on blood thinners for at least three months.

I hope nothing else goes wrong.

BBB
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 06:10 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'm hoping with you, BBB.
0 Replies