Knee surgery

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:04 am
11 months ago I had Carlisle repair surgery on my left knee after tearing the menisus cartilage, since then after 3 months of resting I slowly but surely spend the next 5 months re entering sport into my life (I was a national runner and rugby player) after going to for 10 mile run 2 months ago my knee buckled and "popped" and I being reluctant to admitting pain hobbled home and ignore it for 3 weeks... After consulting my gp who has had a feel of my knee and blantantly said "I believe I can feel a cartilage tear in the same place" I now have to wait until the 3rd of November to see a consultant. I am now in constant pain/limping everyday, my knee is covered in swelling and bruises and I can barely walk around my college campus without crying in pain. My question is what can I do for it? Do I have to grin and bear until I see my consultant? Is there a way that I can speed up the date to see my consultant or reduce my considerable amount of pain until then?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,871 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:11 am
@Lollypop99,
Call the consultant again and tell her/him what you told us. You have ambulation issues and are afraid that you're making things worse - can they fit you in earlier?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 09:15 am
@Lollypop99,
Yes, call their office and tell them what is going on and ask for a sooner appt or referral to someone who can see you sooner.

Meanwhile, use crutches and a mobility scooter as much as possible.
Lollypop99

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:13 pm
@Butrflynet,
tahnkyou x
0 Replies

rajvirsingh

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 01:35 am
@Lollypop99,
Consult your orthopaedic doctor again and tell him this issue.
0 Replies