PATIENT RECORDS SURGEON'S OFFENSIVE COMMENTS ON OPERATING TABLE

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 06:51 pm
HOUSTON, TX (KTRK) -- A woman says she is considering a lawsuit after what doctors for Harris Healthcare said about her while she was under the knife.

"I was distraught, I was violated," Ethel Easter says. "Thinking that I'm lying there naked, having surgery, and they have me uncovered, talking over my body like this.

Easter says she hid a recorder in her hair extensions before undergoing a hernia operation at LBJ Hospital in northwest Harris County.

Easter says the hospital workers made disparaging comments about her body, even comparing her to Gabourey Sidibe in the film "Precious."

"She's a handful," one doctor is heard saying. "This is 'Precious' over here, saying hi to 'Precious' over there."

Easter says she decided to record the surgery after a tense meeting with her doctors, in which she threatened to file a complaint when her surgery wasn't scheduled in a timely manner.

In a letter to Easter, Harris Healthcare says it has alerted staff to be mindful of comments, but no further action would be taken.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,662 • Replies: 1
No top replies

chai2

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 07:05 pm
As long as they're fixing what's wrong with me, I personally don't care what they are saying.

I certainly wouldn't have hid a recorder on my person.

Not saying it's right, it's just not a hill I'm willing to die (literally) on.

What? Like no one has ever made a joke at work at the expense of anyone, or anything else?

It's not nice, but am I shocked and appalled? Hell no.
0 Replies