JTT

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 07:34 pm
@mason738,
Quote:
Does the fist bumping boy really think we are so dumb?

Those capital letters are what convinced me. Mason, you are one hotshot detective.

0 Replies

candide

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 08:45 pm
I am arguing with a Republican that everyday has a new contraversy about Obama. He saw the Fox news show on him. So I tell him, " Look you need to find out who is lying to you and why"

Thank you all for saving me lots of hours a searching. I am very familiar with alot of you and I know who would most likly know the real story.

Please continue. I would like to see this thread keep going because I don't think mu buddy is going to let up soon. He voted for bush twice.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:12 pm
@mason738,
Interesting that you write very similar to Synron mason....

You wouldn't happen to share a common ancestor like Massegatto, would you?
mason738

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:13 pm
@parados,
If you weren't so stupid, Paradox, you would know that there was never anyone called Massagetto. Wake up and get your facts straight!
parados

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:15 pm
@mason738,
Never knew the man but you I did know...

Good luck with your new screen name. Look forward to you new one in a week or less.
0 Replies

mason738

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:18 pm
Oh, JTT, please--Obama is not so stupid as to appoint someone like Ayres to head up the Department of Education.

He will be much more clever than that--
He may appoint some one like Lain Guiner as Attorney General and a reverse racist like Representative Sheila Jackson Lee or Barney Frank to a cabinet post but he won't appointe Ayres. It will be interesting to see whether he issues a pardon to Anton Rezko. Anton may have information he is not releasing yet and may want to make a deal.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 06:10 am
This is the type of organization Obama supports and will show even more preference to if you elect him.

ACORN office in Vegas raided in voter-fraud probe

By OSKAR GARCIA " 12 hours ago

LAS VEGAS (AP) " Nevada authorities seized records Tuesday from a group they accused of submitting fraudulent voter-registration forms " including for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," said Secretary of State Ross Miller, referring to star players on the pro football team.

State authorities raided the headquarters of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, a group that works to register low-income people.

Miller said the raid was part of a monthslong investigation, and he contended the group had submitted registration forms that used false information or duplicated information on multiple forms. He did not estimate how many.

Bertha Lewis, interim chief organizer for ACORN, said the group has been working with election officials to weed out fraudulent forms from those submitted by the canvassers it hires.

"Today's raid by the secretary of state's office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than to discredit our work registering Nevadans," Lewis said.

"For the past 10 months, anytime ACORN has identified a potentially fraudulent application, we turn that application in to election officials separately and offer to provide election officials with the information they would need to pursue an investigation or prosecution of the individual," Lewis said.

She said ACORN had turned in 46 problem applications submitted by 33 former employees to election officials in the Las Vegas area, where it has registered 80,000 people.

According to its national Web site, the group has registered 1.3 million people nationwide for the Nov. 4 election. It has encountered complaints of fraud stemming from registration efforts in Wisconsin, North Carolina, New Mexico, Michigan, Ohio and Missouri.

"The fact is, this is hard work and there were some people that probably sat down on a couch and filled out names out of a phone book," said Matthew Henderson, Southwest regional director for ACORN. "That's really what we're talking about here " not an attempt to steal an election."

Miller said no one had been charged or arrested in Nevada.

His spokesman, Bob Walsh, said investigators were using information from various sources, including the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Nevada.

"You don't have to read too many cop novels to know that sometimes people will tell you a grain of truth to try to hide the rest of the truth," Walsh said. "I'm certainly not suggesting that ACORN is that nefarious, but at the same time just because they handed over 50 to you doesn't mean there aren't 150 others out there."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hvb0LfZQ5mY-X8PYSvYxTe3QGgdgD93LVDS80

Partisan pinheads will not care about this. Patriots will care.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 01:09 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

ACORN office in Vegas raided in voter-fraud probe
"The fact is, this is hard work and there were some people that probably sat down on a couch and filled out names out of a phone book," said Matthew Henderson, Southwest regional director for ACORN. "That's really what we're talking about here " not an attempt to steal an election."

Miller said no one had been charged or arrested in Nevada.

His spokesman, Bob Walsh, said investigators were using information from various sources, including the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Nevada.

"You don't have to read too many cop novels to know that sometimes people will tell you a grain of truth to try to hide the rest of the truth," Walsh said. "I'm certainly not suggesting that ACORN is that nefarious, but at the same time just because they handed over 50 to you doesn't mean there aren't 150 others out there."

wow! as many as one hundred and fifty bogus registrations? why, why that could turn the results of the entire election!

i'll care about this if and when someone is charged.

it's pretty funny to hear the rnc so worried about someone stealing a presidential election.

btw, greg brower, the current u.s. attorney for nevada is another bush appointee, of course. he replaced bogden, who was fired for looking into gop corruption in nevada.

but that was in no way partisan, i'm sure.

TilleyWink

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:40 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
I just realized that I do not know the entire adult history of everyone I have met in my neighborhood. I guess I might be guilt by association, maybe. then there is the with if.

I did work for in an office in which a member of the free speech movement at UCB was a pretty intrenched mucky, mucky. Once I took the Black Panther movement tour in Oakland.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:25 pm
Acorn is a nonprofit organization that tries to get more people registered to vote.

If there are illegal applications, it's up to the voter registration office to detect all frauds and eliminate them. Will some get through? Yes, but that's minimal compared to the fraud that can be perpetrated by those electronic voting machines, and those responsible for counting the votes.

The before and after the vote processes are both important; Acorn is but a strawman argument in the whole process of our elections.
0 Replies