Canadians - are you watching the debate?

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:37 pm
What do you think so far? I'm really enjoying it. I just wish these guys could work together on all these issues.

I've never heard Elizabeth May before and I'm quite impressed with her speaking skills. And Dion is doing okay in English, contrary to predictions on CBC all day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,124 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:44 pm
@Mame,
And Dion's coming across as a feisty little rooster. Am I talking to myself here? Hmmm... maybe so.
JPB

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:46 pm
@Mame,
Hi, hi!

No, I'm here and clueless as ever.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:52 pm
@Mame,
I've been going back and forth between the debates (u s / canajun)

I like Dion more than I thought I would. Elizabeth May is good (I've heard her on the CBC a few times). Duceppe's good - I wish he was with a different party, I'd probably vote for him. Jack Layton's not as good as his commercials, which everyone at work seems to love. Harper. pfffft, but admittedly he'd have to be a different man in a different party for him not to make me gag.
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:55 pm
@JPB,
LMAO!! Love your contribution! ha ha ha ha
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:56 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I've been going back and forth between the debates (u s / canajun)

I like Dion more than I thought I would. Elizabeth May is good (I've heard her on the CBC a few times). Duceppe's good - I wish he was with a different party, I'd probably vote for him. Jack Layton's not as good as his commercials, which everyone at work seems to love. Harper. pfffft, but admittedly he'd have to be a different man in a different party for him not to make me gag.

****, what channel is the US one on or am I too late?

I like Dion more than I thought I would, too. I'm surprised, pleasantly. I like Duceppe, too. I think Jack's really good at targeting Harper - he's made some good points in the last while. Harper is a young Mulroney. Nothing more need be said. Except clever and devious.

So to quote Butrflynet on the other thread: Who's winning?
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 08:29 pm
@Mame,
Why don't we have a fan-o-meter? LOL
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 08:34 pm
@Mame,
I was getting the U.S. debate on a bunch of the stations on the satellite. After awhile I left it on the U.S. debate on the t.v. and listened to the Canajun debate on the radio.

I may have Layton overload - I'm in the riding right next to his so he comes to a lot of the community events here.

Who's winning? I wish Elizabeth May had more of a party to lead. I thought she was pretty sensible. If I could get a government that was mostly NDP with Elizabeth May as PM, and my local Liberal candidate - and the whole thing was an NDP-Liberal minority ...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:36 am
@Mame,
I'm an NDPer myself, and I think Jack Layton is doing a good job.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:53 am
@Mame,
mame wrote :

Quote:
What do you think so far? I'm really enjoying it. I just wish these guys could work together on all these issues.

I've never heard Elizabeth May before and I'm quite impressed with her speaking skills. And Dion is doing okay in English, contrary to predictions on CBC all day.

with our "first-past-the-post" system the liberals and the conservatives kind of hog the system . unless we ever get a german style election system - i don't count on it in my lifetime - , the real opposition parties will never get much of a chance .
a party can be elected as long as they carry about 35 % and the rest of the votes are split .

i'm with ebeth , gilles duceppe is a pretty darn good politician ; he sure delivers for quebec !
will be going to advaance poll tomorrow .
hbg
0 Replies