how to improve my English reading skill?

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:17 am
hello! I am a Chinese student. And I have studied English for several years. But now I find it is very difficult for me to improve my English reading skill to higher level. I do not why, and I hope you can help me.
thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,224 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 03:41 am
jacky_9999,

Welcome to Able2Know. What type of skills do you want to aquire? And what levels are you talking about (i.e. how advanced are you)?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 03:50 am
What are the last three English books you read? That would help us see your present skill level.

J
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 03:52 am
And reading and writing on forums is one good way to practice.

Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 07:51 pm
WORTH A TRY?
Welcome jacky_9999 to A2K. You're going to like it here!

This is from a newsletter this week by my friend John Robertson whose web site is my favorite - see my profile or the appropriate icon at the bottom of this post. I've not looked at the websites he has listed. Note his words of caution. Good luck!

Quote:
Every so often, someone will write to ask where he/she can find a source for learning English. If you are someone who wants to learn English, Latin, Greek, another modern language, or improve your vocabulary skills, then you just might find a good source for such courses by examining the ads at

http://m1e.net/c?4363273-qLb7RTdqHH2TQ%40307368-aIrtN8nK9Q6.2 or

http://m1e.net/c?4363273-eo6pgX54YhR6.%40307369-tSHQFoJzcWNMU

and on other linked pages.

The ads are available for your convenience and I cannot guarantee what they may provide, but at least you have a chance to see what is offered from a variety of sources. Take a look and ask questions before you commit yourself to any of the advertisers.
0 Replies