History Lesson: Stupidity showing in 2007

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:44 pm
In April 2007, John McCain R-Ariz was saying; "It is such a disgrace that we're currently paying present day Soc. Sec. retirees with the taxes paid by the young workers in America today!" I must admit that this reminds me of the old joke about keeping your mouth shut & looking stupid VS opening your mouth & by so doing removing ALL doubt! Good grief,this has been the basis of Social Security since its inception, how it was set up to operate & how it has served as the bedrock of retirement security for nearly a century. Why can't we have a weekly fun TV show like "World's Funniest Videos" only this one be based upon"Wash DC's Funniest Gaffes" to showcase some of the men in Wash DC who are a few sandwiches short of a picnic long before they ever end up as a real candidate for president? Now that I think about it, I'm sure there's plenty of material for a daily - but we don't want to overdo it. And imagine the re-runs!! WOW! Americans could learn so much about the men who are in office up in DC.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 732 • Replies: 0
No top replies