How do I make a bat head?

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 04:30 pm
@boomerang,
Here's a nice latex mask:

http://www.specterstore.com/store/catalog/images/product/mask-half-bat-demon.jpg
http://www.specterstore.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=108&osCsid=63e97101c448364becbbe1e5e7019cad
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 04:36 pm
boomer, paper machet (sp?) is easy. Get a baloon, inflate it to the size of Mo's head... and shape a mask = we just used newspaper strips and water mixed with pastry flour when we were making the Famous Pink Flamingo Pinata with littlek. You can shape it any way you like, will take you some 3 days total with drying. Paint it, put an elastic on the back, and voila.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 04:39 pm
@Foxfyre,
Ohhhhhh!
littlek

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 04:41 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yeah..... those rock!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 04:48 pm
@boomerang,
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v253/153/5/697154364/n697154364_906694_4320.jpg

see? paper machet...well, reinforced with hot pink feathers. Practically unbreakable.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:24 pm
Those flamingos are fabulous!

Okay. Maybe I will try some paper mache based on some of the images here. Making something would be nice and affordable since I already have to make some modifications to the bat wings but think I can do that on the cheap.

Halloween is expensive here. We will get a minimum of 300 trick or treaters. Probably more since Mr. B has decided to make a "spook house" in our courtyard. Luckily I bought up a bunch of stuff after Halloween last year and have only had to add a few more things to complete the "house". My favorite is a skeleton dog that is motion activated - his eyes light up and he warns you to get away from his treats. Corney but cool.

If you want to get an idea of how seriously Halloween gets around here take a look at one house in the neighborhood: www.davisgraveyard.com (click on "gallery")

There is also a "Monster March" where thousands of kids parade through the neighborhood.

Thank you all for your help with bat head ideas.

Now, does anyone have cheap and easy spook house ideas? I have a gazillion yards of window sheers that came with the house.......
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:26 pm
@boomerang,
Can't open the link Boomer.
boomerang

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:31 pm
@Foxfyre,
I edited it because it didn't work for me. Try it again. You can also go to youtube and type in "davis graveyard". I swear, it's like something from Disneyland.
mismi

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:09 pm
@boomerang,
it is pretty amazing...a lot of work went into that!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:18 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I've been looking everywhere for those snouts and can't find one. Party city, huh? I'll have to see if I can find one of those.

Maybe I'm just looking too early. Halloween is a HUGE deal in my neighborhood and I'm trying to get a jump start on things.

Goodwills already have out their halloween stuff and it is overflowing in some stores here..
Try looking at the ones there?
They have everything... and its fun to hunt!
boomerang

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:45 pm
@shewolfnm,
Yeah, totally, Goodwill is great.

Here they don't resell masks though. I don't know if it is some kind of health code violation or what. They do sell used costumes but all of the masks are new.

Plus, I've found that a lot of the resale stores are as expensive or more expensive than the regular retailers. Crazy but true. And things get snapped up fast. If you can't check every day you miss out. I can't check every day.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:56 pm
@boomerang,
Wasn't Eddie supposed to be a bat?
http://www.threesorryboys.com/articles/munsters.jpg
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
No. A baby vampire I believe. Well, there are real life vampire bats, of course, but these are unrelated to the mythical vampires.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:13 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I edited it because it didn't work for me. Try it again. You can also go to youtube and type in "davis graveyard". I swear, it's like something from Disneyland.

Yes it works now. That's in your neighborhood huh? Very kewl. Smile
0 Replies