how possible is it for a person date a recovering heroine addict?

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 08:20 pm
My friend and now girlfriend recently revealed that she had been using heroine for the past 5 months. She has been in detox for 11 days now and I was wondering if she truly could have genuine feelings for me or if she felt nothing at all and needs someone to help her recover only?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 586 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 08:22 pm
@drummer1,
It's possible, but not likely.

Do you want to help her either way?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 08:40 pm
@drummer1,
they way you think when you are taking drugs drastically changes when you sober up.
The only thing that will tell is time unfortunately.

She may still feel the same about YOU , but you may not feel the same about her. She will be a different person now.. so, if it is worth it to you, hang out and see who she will be now.
If not, count your losses and leave quickly.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 09:02 pm
@drummer1,
Quote:
... needs someone to help her recover only

I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for a person to do, stick out a hand to someone who needs one. But there are downsides to this for both of you and those are things that only you two can figure out.

I wish you both oodles and oodles of luck and my best wishes.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 04:04 pm
Quote:
how possible is it for a person date a recovering heroine addict?

It's possible. My sister's Ex has a sister who used to be a heroin addict. At the time she decided to quit, she had a permanent boyfriend. She's been clean for at least five years now, and still in the same relation.

Don't ask me how they made it work -- I didn't know either of them in person -- but I know that the answer to your question is, "it's possible".
0 Replies