Boy Executed For Stealing Snacks

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 12:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
For instance I DO know how to write Kristallnacht -

Walter, I will ALWAYS bow to your superior knowledge
of the German language.
I do not speak German, and I only spelled it from memory.
You have my most abject apologies.

I am entirely confident that this error in spelling deserves
the most concentrated and focused attention of all members of this forum.
It must be subjected to the highest and most intense levels of scrutiny
after the most meticulously incisive analysis. We must get to the bottom of this.
No effort shoud be spared.

Quote:

and that this term is only used by Nazis.
(The correct word for others is November progrom night.)

I learned the word from a Jewish school teacher in a NYC public school.
I guess he just did not know what he was talking about.

David
0 Replies

keymaker

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 01:26 am
Killing s boy for stealing a snack is too much! He could have inflicted the least injury ever to prevent him from escaping but certainly not to kill him.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 04:58 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The unarmed boys claim they were begging for forgiveness when Gonzalez hit them with the barrel of the shotgun and kicked them. A medical examiner testified 13-year-old Francisco Anguiano was shot in the back.

I believe that using a weapon to protect one's person and one's home is morally correct. Saying that, and not knowing the full extent of the incident, one thing strikes me. If the boy were shot in the back, that says to me that he was fleeing the scene. Therefore, the man was no longer at risk. In that scenario, that man should NOT have shot, and should be tried for murder.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:01 am
@keymaker,
keymaker wrote:
Killing s boy for stealing a snack is too much! He could have inflicted the least injury ever to prevent him from escaping but certainly not to kill him.

What if the boy was stealing money? Does it make a difference to you?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 08:22 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
shooting/killing someone when your life (or others) is in immediate danger is acceptable.

Absolutely. It does not sound like the shooter was in any physical danger. He should have called the cops.
0 Replies

keymaker

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 01:18 am
Execution is so much for a punishment. You can't execute someone, let alone a young boy, for stealing a snack!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 03:35 am
He did not execute him; he shot him.
That can HAPPEN to burglars.
David
nimh

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

In the back. While he was already fleeing.
patiodog

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 06:37 am
What was it Jesus said? Turn the other cheek? No, a little further. Yeah, that's it. Bang!
MrDamage

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 12:23 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
Quote:
"In a situation where juveniles break into someone's home and the homeowner shoots one of those juveniles in the back (after the youths allegedly plead for their lives), why would it be relevant whether some or all of them had any prior offenses or brushes with the law"

It affects how seriously we should view the boys protestations of purity and innocence. It's only the testimony of the surviving boys that they were "looking for snacks" (riiiiiiight) and "begging for forgiveness" (suuuuuurrrrre!). If they have priors, we can dismiss these fairy tales out of hand, otherwise, their testimony is merely vanishingly unlikely to be true rather than just outright false.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 03:54 am
@nimh,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

nimh wrote:
In the back. While he was already fleeing.
In consequence whereof, he will NOT break into MY place nor yours.
The gunner shoud get a tax credit for a rendering valuable service, contributing to safety.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 03:59 am
@patiodog,
patiodog wrote:
What was it Jesus said?
He said that if u don 't already have a sword, u better buy one. Luke 22:36

That was before .44 caliber revolvers or hollowpointed ammunition became available.

David
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 07:57 am
@MrDamage,
If I recall correctly, the boys had stolen snacks from the same guy previously, which is why we can believe they were doing it again. Pisspoor excuse to murder someone.
MrDamage

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 07:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If I recall correctly, the boys had stolen snacks from the same guy previously, which is why we can believe they were doing it again. Pisspoor excuse to murder someone.

darwin at work. Maybe the consequence was a little extreme, but I'm not shedding any tears over someone who repeatedly steals from someone who lives in a trailer.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 07:30 pm
@MrDamage,
I'm sorry for you. Potato chips for a life is pretty rough.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 10:47 pm
@MrDamage,
MrDamage wrote:
Quote:

darwin at work. Maybe the consequence was a little extreme, but I'm not shedding any tears
over someone who repeatedly steals from someone who lives in a trailer.
SO STIPULATED!

David
0 Replies

MrDamage

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 05:27 am
@edgarblythe,
When you're living right on the edge of the abyss, economically speaking, as someone who lives in a trailer almost certainly is, every little bit is important
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:26 am

It is because of the SUCCESS of burglars and relative impunity
and because of their ability to CONTINUE burglary that burglary continues
to flourish, at the expense of the decent people.

I, for one, am going to cheer for the DECENT PEOPLE, not for the burglars n I will bear that in mind if I sit on a jury.

David
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:36 am
I suppose we don't know what happened to the surviving boys since they are juveniles with protected files.

Has anyone heard?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:44 am
@MrDamage,
He could afford a gun and some bullets...
He wasn't starving if he could afford twinkies and potato chips. Doesn't sound like he was on the edge of any abyss.
He wasn't on the streets. Some people prefer to live in a trailer. I know people who live in beautiful trailers. I'm going to assume you're a bigot.