Boy Executed For Stealing Snacks

Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Dave, I value human life much more highly than the state of Texas.

(here's hoping jury duty escapes you...)
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
kill or be kiled, that is the way of life. nothing is off limits, only by what you yourself set for your own self. do not let your petty emotions color your views, they are not rules, they are merely guidelines.

the ruthless thrive, the compassionate are ran down and slaughtered.

rule 1. survival of the fittest
rule 2 life is not fair

thats it, the only real rules in life.

have a good day realizing the truth of sentient existence.

Very Happy
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:53 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Now I will finish my remarks, now that all of you are crying, pissing, and stomping on your hankies and blaming the homeowner for the criminal acts of those kids.

What manichean nonsense. Not to mention your silly mis-characterization of those who dare actually to disagree with you.

It is actually possible...at least for most brains...to keep more than one fact in mind at once.

The fact that the kids were doing something illegal is pretty clear.

There is also good reason to believe that the homeowner has killed without reasonable cause, and will hopefully be tried for it.

One does not exclude the other, except in a mind incapable of seeing more than one thing at a time.

The kids were responsible for the crime they committed, the homeowner for his.

Only one side is going to get a trial, it seems, though.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:56 pm
@OGIONIK,
Onion, you are incorrect, but I understand your perspective.

Only through compassion will our species survive rather than blow up the planet, but we have some time left...
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 06:12 pm
@Rockhead,
you dont understand, those are really the only rules in life.

anything else is just good sportsmanship Very Happy
Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 06:14 pm
@OGIONIK,
You will realize later in life, that sportsmanship is key to advancement, even among those like us...

(keep on kickin' it)
Wink
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 06:30 pm
4 unarmed kids (11-15), on their knees are a threat to a man pointing a shotgun at them? Huh? Seriously gun nuts; do you suffer the same level of cowardice as the gunman in this case? Would you be so frightened that you’d feel compelled by the danger to shoot a kid in the back at point blank range? The ******* back? Who but a coward could possibly be afraid, while holding the only gun in the room, on 4 unarmed kids (11 to 15 years old)? How could anyone be afraid?

And if he wasn’t afraid, then how can there be any excuse for shooting a kid in the back?

Now I don’t have a problem with guns, nor of people defending their homes or properties with them. The man did a fine job of just that, and would have earned a pat on the back had he stopped there. But he didn’t. After the danger was over, the kids were caught, the loot (Twinkies) was safe… AFTER the man used his firearm to stop a crime: He next chose to execute a kid by shooting him in the back with it.

MM, why not answer Robert’s questions? Namely: Would it be okay if the gunman chose to rape the boys? Would it be okay if he just chained them up and used them for sex slaves? How about if cut off their hands and feet and burned their eyes out with a blowtorch so they couldn’t escape? Would any of these things be okay with you?

If not; how in the hell can you argue that killing a kid by shooting him in the back is okay?

For the record: I have no problem with a man defending his home with weapons. I’d shed no tears if he’d shot the kid in self defense. He didn’t. He executed him, after he had already taken control of the situation, with a shotgun blast in the back at point blank range. Only a coward or a murderer could do such a thing. Only a coward could empathize with him after the fact.
patiodog

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 06:42 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Haven't you been listening, Bill? All property crimes are punishable by death unless the perpetrator is lucky enough to get arrested first. Silly goose...
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:15 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
MM, why not answer Robert’s questions? Namely: Would it be okay if the gunman chose to rape the boys? Would it be okay if he just chained them up and used them for sex slaves? How about if cut off their hands and feet and burned their eyes out with a blowtorch so they couldn’t escape? Would any of these things be okay with you?

He didn't answer them directly but he answered them indirectly when he indicated that he too has a line after which it's no longer self defense and explained away his rhetoric when he claimed he was merely trolling. Rolling Eyes But that still doesn't make sense.

So you have a line. What happens when someone crosses it? You prosecute right? So what was wrong with the court case? Take away all the idiotic comments that are being explained away as trolling, and you find nothing below it but a paranoid knee jerk reaction anyway.

It's the persecution complex of gun nutism that I find so amazingly daft. Keep your guns, keep your laws to defend your homes. But for heaven's sake what's wrong with prosecuting illegal executions?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:19 pm
@Robert Gentel,
RG, Ima take it on myself tonight to toss an answer for the nun guts...

Cuz the first step towards their guns is the potentiallest lastest straw, so they ain't givin' an inch, even if it's irrational as hell.

I'll go way.
0 Replies

Alehouse

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Are there no shops in Laredo, Texas ,where kids could buy snacks instead of stealing?, dont their parents feed their kids?. Are kids in the US of A starving and have to resort to stealing to survive?
Is there such poverty in the Richest Nation on the Planet where children have to steal food to survive?. Is the US of A a third world country?
If the US of A stopped warmongering around the world, then the Billions of Dollars spent every day on war could feed your Hungry kids instead of killing other people`s kids across the world.
What a Nation.!!! no wonder the world holds America in contempt.
Alehouse UK
Borat Sister

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:27 pm
@Alehouse,
I think you may find kids steal stuff in the UK, too.

They are vanishingly unlikely to be murdered for doing it, of course, but I think you'll find that breaking into people's homes and stealing food and other petty theft is not exclusively a US problem amongst western countries.

I think you may also find that your country and mine have been doing some co-warmongering, too.

We sure have a bunch of kids living in poverty in my country...I suspect the UK has better financial support for poor families than either the US or my country....but the UK is by no means perfect, heaven only knows.

That being said, I don't think we have a lunatic fringe that supports murdering kids for petty theft to nearly the extent that the the US does...though I think you may get a shock if you look at gun-nut sites in the UK, or ultra-right/paranoid sites. I sure as hell did when I looked them up in Oz. The gun-sites are lifted pretty much holus-bolus from the US sites, but they mean that we have people who think that way.

Glass houses and all.....we all live in one.
Alehouse

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 04:39 am
@Borat Sister,
I have not heard of kids in the UK breaking into peoples homes to eat food,
We have an excellent welfare and benefit system here, I know I pay for it in my taxes, where it pays people not to work,
They usually steal TVs and other electronic goods to sell for drug money.
That Co - warmongering was caused by BUSH and his Poodle BLAIR. Does anyone know what was Blair`s reward from Bush for doing as he was told??
I did hear from an American friend that Blair was given a $10, million mansion in Florida. Is this correct??? I would love to find out.
Is Bush and Blair any different to the man accused of shooting the kid in the back.??
Over 5000 US troops Killed, Hundreds of Brit Troops Killed and 100,000 Iraqies killed. 20,00 Us troops maimed, Thousands of Brit troops maimed and countless nubers of Iraqies maimed. For what, there were no terrorists in Iraq, Saddam would not allow it, they would have been a threat to him, He was the good guy. He kept Iran down, now there is no one to control Iran,
Why arent Bush and Blair put on trial as well as the trailer owner, for murder.??
dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 04:42 am
@Alehouse,
Oh well, if we're at the secret mansion conspiracy stage.....there's nothing to be said.
Alehouse

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 03:21 pm
@dlowan,
It is not a conspiracy, I only asked a question, I did not make a statement, there is a difference.
Phony B liar is bent and corrupt and that horrible wife of his is evil.
I just hope they spend all their time in the US , they are certainly not wanted in the UK.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 06:08 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I didnt answer the questions because they werent worth answering.
They were meaningless, stupid, assinine questions, meant to do nothing but instigate.
0 Replies

SYNRON

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You are correct. In this country, we have a legal system. It is not perfect but if Mr. Gonzalez goes to a jury trial, he will be tried by a jury of his peers. I am sure that the prosecution and the defense will bring out all of the pertinent data.
When I was young, I believed that crime sprang mainly from a poor environment. Now I don't believe that any more. Evil exists.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

Dave, I value human life much more highly than the state of Texas.

(here's hoping jury duty escapes you...)

Sorry, I'm confused. You value human lifemuch more than you value the state of Texas? Or you value human life much more highly than the state of Texas does?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:51 pm
@Mame,
Were it not for some Very good friends, and some less good family there, I would answer glibly...

The State of Texas values property and many other things much higher than human life.

(don't shoot the messenger, thankyaverymuch...)
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 08:00 pm
@Rockhead,
<grin>... I knew what you meant.
0 Replies