Karen Armstrong on Bush, Islam, and the Battle For God

perception

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 09:01 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

"No one hates Muslims."

Hummmm...makes one wonder how Gato knows this.

Seems to me that Gato knows lots of things that simply are not so.

Frank --the continual practice of "making this discussion personal" is not helping raise the level of quality.

You are a bright guy but obviously you want to turn this into a verbal fight with Italgato-----Yeah I know it sounds strange coming from me doesn't it?---well if you take a look I don't lower myself until goaded into it. Being an ex-fighter pilot I love to mix it up but as you can see "no one wins" in these adsurd exchanges.

Now you can "let fly" at me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 09:06 am
Yeah - Perception don't attack personalities unless goaded into it, Frank. Neither does gato.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:20 am
Percy, Gato, thanks for hijacking a thread and turning it into a primary school playground, yet again. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:28 am
Hobit

How about commenting on my post above Frank Apisas or do you still wish to hide behind school yard tactics?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:37 am
Percy, this obsession of yours with Wahabism is making me wonder if you have sought therapy. If not, you should. Karen Armstrong does discuss Wahabbism in several of her books, but if you had actually read the edictorial, it wasn't germaine to that particular discussion. Most of the thrust toward Islamic fundamentalism in Iraq is coming from Shia Islam. Therefore bringing Wahabbism into the discussion shows that either you are still pitifully ignorant of the structure of Islam, or that you just don't care and merely wished to turn this thread into an arguement. I have a suspicion its a little of both. Since you have proven incapable of contributing anything to the discussion, you should probably go away now. Bye bye.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:41 am
It looks to me like the last few days have been devoted to picking arguments with too many personal axes to grind thrown in for good measure.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 12:15 pm
Nice work Hobit----you just killed your own thread :wink:
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:37 pm
I found this troubling:Chaplain Yee
Quote:

Some points to be made:
He is accused of nothing public, yet.
He may be accused of giving aid and comfort to the prisoners. Isn't that what prison chaplains do?
He has spoken out to the media about the (mis)treatment of prisoners there, and has also been rumoured to be a source of information to AI and other human rights groups. This may be in conflict with UCMJ, but the moral imperative should be clear.
I wonder if this is a "trial shot" by the US to see how the populace reacts, in preparation for harsher actions by the DOJ against civilians who oppose Bush and Ashcroft.
I truly hope he was not guilty of aiding a terrorist effort. If he was, he should be tried,and if convicted, locked up for life with a big romantic cellmate named "Bubba," and no lube!
0 Replies