Aren't the Repubs big state's rights folks?

Debra Law

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:56 pm
Anchorage Daily News
http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/531725.html

Abdication by Palin
When did the McCain campaign take over the governor's office?
September 20th, 2008

Quote:
Gov. Sarah Palin has surrendered important gubernatorial duties to the Republican presidential campaign. McCain staff are handling public and press questions about actions she has taken as governor. The governor who said, "Hold me accountable," is hiding behind the hired guns of the McCain campaign to avoid accountability....

ABC News reported that Gov. Palin's official press secretary, Bill McAllister, paid by the state of Alaska, didn't even know the McCain staffers were meeting the press to defend his boss....

Residents of any state would be offended to see their governor cede such a fundamental, day-to-day governmental responsibility to a partisan politician from another state. It's especially offensive to Alaskans....

cjhsa

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry, wrong argument. Gays and lesbians and all butt riders and rug munchers are a behavioral driven group - not a true minority. I would guess that most members of the Log Cabins and Dykes on Bikes recognize this simple fact. That you don't doesn't surprise me at all.

When it comes to southern segregation, one should note that Lincoln was a Republican. Robert E Lee, George Wallace and Robert Byrd (KKK grand poobah who also pushed for Lee's pardon in the 1970's) most certainly were/are not.

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:31 pm
@cjhsa,
Quote:
Sorry, wrong argument. Gays and lesbians and all butt riders and rug munchers are a behavioral driven group - not a true minority.

And gun nuts like you aren't? Not to mention evangelicals, and for that matter any religious group. Should their rights be removed?
cjhsa

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Sorry, wrong argument. Gays and lesbians and all butt riders and rug munchers are a behavioral driven group - not a true minority.

And gun nuts like you aren't? Not to mention evangelicals, and for that matter any religious group. Should their rights be removed?

Minority how (something like 80M Americans own guns)? Rights to what? (I have no intention of marrying a guy or my dog or whatever)
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:41 pm
@cjhsa,
Quote:
Rights to what? (I have no intention of marrying a guy ...

That's fine. That's your right. Just try to keep your ignorant rantings to yourself.

Quote:
I have no intention of marrying ... my dog or whatever)

That's excellent. There are laws against cruelty to animals.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:43 pm
@JTT,
ceej Quote:

Quote:
I have no intention of marrying ... my dog or whatever)

JTT responded:
Quote:
That's excellent. There are laws against cruelty to animals.

You're in top form JTT; good show! LOL
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:45 pm
I 'm pretty sure that Robert E. Lee woud REJECT a pardon.
He was a man of DIGNITY.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Exactly, how is this relevant?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:56 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Gov. Sarah Palin has surrendered important gubernatorial duties to the Republican presidential campaign. McCain staff are handling public and press questions about actions she has taken as governor. The governor who said, "Hold me accountable," is hiding behind the hired guns of the McCain campaign to avoid accountability....

I wonder why Foxy, Okie, Finn and the gang aren't all over this. Ya know "personal responsibility" is so high on the conservative/Republican meme chart.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:59 pm
@JTT,
JTT, Don'tcha know yet? It's their meme that buys them votes, but the evidence should explain it's all big time BS that continues to sell.

Wanna buy a bridge in Montana?
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Wanna buy a bridge in Montana?

Just got one, CI but I'm always in the market for good bridges. Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:17 pm
@JTT,
Just found one in Siberia, and the good thing is that it's on sale at basement prices. Oh, did I mention it's also in a basement?
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
These bridges are a much better way to move around and over the Republican bullshit. It's getting much too hard to shovel it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:23 pm
@JTT,
The conservatives learned to shovel, but very inefficiently and without knowing what they're shoveling.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:23 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
And reported by Fluffington. Any other serious news organization would publish it.

Nice Freudian slip...
0 Replies